|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Book 1 : Chapter 5, Jerusalem Cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first section, Blake sets forth arguments and principles pertaining to his beliefs and perception of what?
2. During these chapters, William Blake explains the Spectre further to readers. Here, he tells people that this entity is what?
(a) The power of God.
(b) The love of God.
(c) The reasoning power of man.
(d) The compassion in people.
3. How can readers uninterested in Blake's spiritual vision enjoy it as pure literature?
(a) Due to his vivid images.
(b) Due to his popularity.
(c) Due to his descriptions of characters.
(d) Due to his exciting subject matter.
4. The author uses numerous references to what at this time?
5. How might one describe the language at this point?
(a) Very interesting.
(b) Very typical.
(c) Very unusual.
(d) Very colorful.
Short Answer Questions
1. The increasing power of England in the modern world readily overshadows what earthly city's might?
2. What does the author repeat?
3. Blake attempts to explain what's connection to feminine and female "space" is in contrast to male or masculine "space"?
4. What two characters figure largely in these books?
5. Blake delves into the difference between Christ's resurrected body of spirit and what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)