|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the debate, what does Philocleon like about the court?
(a) Hearing the arguments and having power over the judge.
(b) Being able to rest in the court and being paid.
(c) Hearing the arguments, being paid and having power over the defendant.
(d) Having power of the defendant and sleeping in the court.
2. In Peace, why is War leaving heaven after his servant returns empty handed from earth?
(a) He wants to renounce his godhood.
(b) He wants more salad.
(c) He needs to find new pestle.
(d) He needs to go find the other gods.
3. Who greets Trygaeus upon his arrival at the gates of heaven?
4. What is Cleon's rival, the sausage merchant's real name?
5. Upon his arrival at the think-shop, how is Strepsiades greeted?
(a) Somebody takes his shoes.
(b) Somebody takes his gloves.
(c) Somebody takes his cloak.
(d) Somebody takes his toga.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trygaeus ask his servants and daughter not to do?
2. At the beginning of The Knights, what are Demosthenes and Nicias complaining about?
3. What happened to the Acharnians' farms before the play begins?
4. What happens to Amphitheus?
5. What is the reaction of the one that is supposed to replace Cleon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Peace, what prevented peace form coming back according to Trygaeus and Hermes?
2. In Peace, why do you think the god of war needs a new pestle?
3. How does Bdelycleon trick the wasps into a debate?
4. How is Socrates' school portrayed in The Clouds?
5. Why does the gang of Acharnians pursue Amphitheus?
6. What are the two slaves doing at the start of the Peace?
7. Why are Demosthenes and Nicias portrayed as slaves in The Knights?
8. Why is Strepsiades expelled shortly after his enrollment at the school in The Clouds?
9. What reversal of fortune does Philocleon experience at the end of The Wasps?
10. In The Wasps, what does the dog's trial teach us about Philocleon's ballot habit?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)