|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Thesmophoriazusae, what questions did the interrogator ask Mnesilochus to try to determine if he is a woman?
(a) How he managed childbirth.
(b) How to take care of a baby.
(c) How to cook a specific meal.
(d) Who "her" husband is and what "she" did during last year's festival.
2. How is Dionysus avoiding conflict with the characters that mistake him for Heracles?
(a) He hides.
(b) He trades clothes with Xanthias.
(c) He does not.
(d) He flies.
3. Who arrives in the city after the chorus of men commiserates with Cinesias?
(a) A Spartan merchant.
(b) A Spartan herald.
(c) A Spartan woman.
(d) A Spartan governor.
4. In The Assemblywomen, what is Blepyros' relationship with Praxagora?
(a) Praxagora's brother.
(b) Praxagora's son.
(c) Praxagora's husband.
(d) Praxagora's father.
5. In The Assemblywomen, what type of government is Praxagora planning?
(a) A democracy run by women.
(b) A communist regime where everything is shared, even love.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A dictatorship with her in power.
6. What are the fastest ways to go to Hades according to the text?
(a) Ask Cerebus.
(b) Being tortured.
(c) Killing someone.
(d) Hanging, drinking poison or jumping off a tower.
7. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus claim to be after their encounter with the servant?
8. When Eulipides and Pisthetaerus meet Hoopoe's servant, what does the servant first do to Eulipides and Pisthetaerus?
(a) Attack them.
(b) Make them breakfast.
(c) Tell them where to find the golden fleece.
(d) Bring them to his master.
9. In Lysistrata, what are some of the women trying to do while guarding the building they took over?
(a) Sneak out to have sex.
(b) Go to Sparta.
(c) Kill their husband.
(d) Sneak out to have food.
10. Who takes the place of "Best Tragic poet" at Hades' table at the end of The Frogs?
11. How do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus think the gods can be supplanted?
(a) By dressing like birds.
(b) By stealing Zeus' thunder.
(c) By stealing fire from men.
(d) By building a castle between earth and heaven.
12. Who are fighting over the young man at the end of The Assemblywomen?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) Old women.
(c) Ugly women.
13. In Thesmophoriazusae, how did the women try to uncover the spy during the court proceedings?
(a) They ask each other who they know in the crowd.
(b) They undress.
(c) They call for a man to decide who is ugly enough to be a man.
(d) They sing.
14. Where are Mnesilochus and his cousin going to at the beginning of Thesmophoriazusae?
(a) Zeus Festival.
(b) Poseidon feast.
(c) Athena's banquet.
(d) Demeter festival.
15. How do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus name the city they help create?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Praxagora lamenting at the start of The Assemblywomen?
2. Who ferries Dionysus across the river in Hades?
3. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus propose to the one they meet in the woods?
4. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
5. Why do the old women take over that particular building in Lysistrata?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)