|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus want to ask at the beginning of The Birds?
(a) What the meaning of life is.
(b) Where they can find a quiet place to live.
(c) Where Hoopoe lives.
(d) The answer to the Sphinx riddle.
2. Who tries to burn down the gates after the women take over the building?
(b) The women.
(d) A chorus of men.
3. What way does Dionysus choose to use to enter Hades?
(a) Go the long way across the river.
(b) He waits for his master.
(c) He goes back home.
(d) He swims across.
4. Who ferries Dionysus across the river in Hades?
5. What is Praxagora lamenting at the start of The Assemblywomen?
(a) The lack of good men.
(b) The lack of entertainment.
(c) The lack of love.
(d) The ineffective and ruinous ruling by the men.
6. What do the old women do while the meeting is being held?
(a) Take over the assembly.
(b) They take over the oracle.
(c) Take over the house of a general.
(d) They take over the Acropolis.
7. In Thesmophoriazusae, who warns the women of a spy in their mists during the court proceedings?
8. How is Cinesias treated when he arrives at the building occupied by the women?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is sent away.
(c) His wife pretends to want intercourse and then abandons him.
(d) His wife gives into intercourse.
9. How did the attendees react to the proposal made by Lysistrata?
(a) They leave the meeting.
(b) They balk at the plan, but later accept it.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are enthusiastic.
10. How does the play Lysistrata end?
(a) Sparta invades Athens.
(b) Spartans and Athenians share a banquet celebrating peace.
(c) The women go back to their husbands willingly.
(d) Athens invades Sparta.
11. What are Eulipides and Pisthetaerus doing at the start of The Birds?
(a) Going to the market.
(b) Wandering in the woods.
(c) Traveling to Athens.
(d) Going to an oracle.
12. Who takes the place of "Best Tragic poet" at Hades' table at the end of The Frogs?
13. In Thesmophoriazusae, what did Mnesilochus' cousin agree to do in order to rescue his cousin?
(a) To not write anything bad about women again.
(b) To do Chores.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To write a tragedy.
14. In The Assemblywomen, why is Chremes made fun of by another citizen?
(a) Cooking for his wife.
(b) Dressing like a woman.
(c) Bowing to a woman.
(d) Contributing his belongings to the state.
15. How did Praxagora's women dress the morning of the coup?
(a) Normal women's clothes.
(c) Like children.
(d) In their husband's clothes, wearing fake beards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
2. Who arrives in the city after the chorus of men commiserates with Cinesias?
3. In Thesmophoriazusae, what did Mnesilochus' cousin ask Agathon?
4. What river does Dionysus go across?
5. In Thesmophoraizusae, who speaks for the prosecution in the case against Euripides?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)