|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dionysus at the beginning of The Frogs?
(a) A miner.
(b) A God.
(c) A slave.
(d) A backer.
2. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus eat in the woods to undergo a transformation?
(b) A salad.
(c) A root.
3. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
(a) To purchase cheese.
(b) To declare war.
(c) To talk peace with Athens.
(d) To offer trading women.
4. What is Praxagora's plan at the beginning of The Assemblywomen?
(a) To violently take control of parliament.
(b) To blackmail politicians.
(c) To leave town with all the women.
(d) To come early to the Athenian parliament to take a majority of seats.
5. What are the women preparing for at the beginning of Thesmophoriazusae?
(a) To put Agathon on trial for dressing like a woman.
(b) To put Mnesilochus on trial for infidelity.
(c) To debate on women issues.
(d) To put Mnesilochus' cousin on trial for depicting women badly in his plays.
6. What are Eulipides and Pisthetaerus doing at the start of The Birds?
(a) Going to an oracle.
(b) Traveling to Athens.
(c) Wandering in the woods.
(d) Going to the market.
7. What plan is proposed during the meeting at the beginning of Lysistrata?
(a) That women stop cleaning their husband's clothes.
(b) That women stop cooking.
(c) That women withhold sex to force the men to stop the war.
(d) That women stop doing the chores.
8. How did Praxagora's women dress the morning of the coup?
(b) Like children.
(c) Normal women's clothes.
(d) In their husband's clothes, wearing fake beards.
9. How did the attendees react to the proposal made by Lysistrata?
(a) They are enthusiastic.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They balk at the plan, but later accept it.
(d) They leave the meeting.
10. What are the fastest ways to go to Hades according to the text?
(a) Killing someone.
(b) Hanging, drinking poison or jumping off a tower.
(c) Ask Cerebus.
(d) Being tortured.
11. How do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus think the gods can be supplanted?
(a) By building a castle between earth and heaven.
(b) By dressing like birds.
(c) By stealing fire from men.
(d) By stealing Zeus' thunder.
12. In Lysistrata, what are some of the women trying to do while guarding the building they took over?
(a) Go to Sparta.
(b) Sneak out to have food.
(c) Sneak out to have sex.
(d) Kill their husband.
13. What does Lysistrata want in the play, Lysistrata?
(a) Access to the Olympic Games.
(b) More food.
(c) New clothes.
(d) To end the War between Sparta and Athens.
14. Who is Pisthetaerus going to take control of at the end of The Birds?
(a) Zeus' father, Cronus.
(b) Zeus' wife, Hera.
(c) Zeus' mistress, Sovereignty.
(d) Zeus' brother, Hades
15. Who do the men see women, according to Lysistrata?
(b) As rascals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in the city after the chorus of men commiserates with Cinesias?
2. What river does Dionysus go across?
3. What is Praxagora lamenting at the start of The Assemblywomen?
4. In Thesmophoriazusae, what is Mnesilochus cousin's occupation?
5. In Thesmophoriazusae, what does Mnesilochus do to defend himself after being uncovered as a man?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)