|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Assemblywomen, what do Blepyros and the other men find out in the morning?
(a) That the men need to wear dresses.
(b) Parliament turned over the power to Sparta.
(c) That the women left the city.
(d) Parliament turned over power to the women.
2. How did the attendees react to the proposal made by Lysistrata?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They balk at the plan, but later accept it.
(c) They leave the meeting.
(d) They are enthusiastic.
3. n Thesmophoriazusae, what is of interest concerning Agathon?
(a) He is writing a play about women's rights.
(b) He is playing the role of Euripides in a play.
(c) He is dressed as a woman for a part in his play.
(d) His wife has spare clothes.
4. How is Dionysus avoiding conflict with the characters that mistake him for Heracles?
(a) He flies.
(b) He hides.
(c) He trades clothes with Xanthias.
(d) He does not.
5. In Thesmophoriazusae, who speaks in Euripides' defense at the women's court?
(c) Mnesilochus dressed as a woman.
6. What do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus propose to the one they meet in the woods?
(a) That the birds unite to take control of the earth.
(b) That the birds fly south to a better climate.
(c) That the monkeys start building houses.
(d) That the birds dance to bring rain.
7. How is a man supposed to earn the right to sleep with a pretty girl according to Praxagora?
(a) By sleeping only with beautiful women.
(b) By sleeping with an ugly older woman.
(c) By doing chores.
(d) By cooking.
8. In Thesmophoriazusae, what did Mnesilochus' cousin agree to do in order to rescue his cousin?
(a) To not write anything bad about women again.
(b) To write a tragedy.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) To do Chores.
9. Who tries to burn down the gates after the women take over the building?
(b) The women.
(d) A chorus of men.
10. Who is Dionysus at the beginning of The Frogs?
(a) A slave.
(b) A God.
(c) A backer.
(d) A miner.
11. Who ferries Dionysus across the river in Hades?
12. How does the play Lysistrata end?
(a) Athens invades Sparta.
(b) Spartans and Athenians share a banquet celebrating peace.
(c) The women go back to their husbands willingly.
(d) Sparta invades Athens.
13. In The Assemblywomen, what resolution does Praxagora plan to introduce for Greece?
(a) Make peace with Sparta.
(b) Go to war.
(c) Force men to wear dresses.
(d) Turn the power over to women.
14. What are Eulipides and Pisthetaerus doing at the start of The Birds?
(a) Going to an oracle.
(b) Traveling to Athens.
(c) Wandering in the woods.
(d) Going to the market.
15. When Dionysus arrives in Hades, who is Euripides in conflict with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan is proposed during the meeting at the beginning of Lysistrata?
2. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women do with Mnesilochus after uncovering his identity?
3. What is Praxagora's plan at the beginning of The Assemblywomen?
4. In Thesmophoriazusae, what does Mnesilochus do to defend himself after being uncovered as a man?
5. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women try to do to Mnesilochus to confirm that he is a man?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)