|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dionysus arrives in Hades, who is Euripides in conflict with?
2. Who helps Pisthetaerus trick Zeus at the end of The Birds?
3. How did Mnesilochus' cousin try to free him at the end of Thesmophoriazusae?
(a) By paying the guards.
(b) Using a horse.
(c) By force.
(d) He dresses up.
4. In Thesmophoriazusae, who warns the women of a spy in their mists during the court proceedings?
5. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
(a) To declare war.
(b) To offer trading women.
(c) To talk peace with Athens.
(d) To purchase cheese.
6. In Thesmophoriazusae, what questions did the interrogator ask Mnesilochus to try to determine if he is a woman?
(a) How to cook a specific meal.
(b) How he managed childbirth.
(c) How to take care of a baby.
(d) Who "her" husband is and what "she" did during last year's festival.
7. In The Assemblywomen, what type of government is Praxagora planning?
(a) A monarchy.
(b) A dictatorship with her in power.
(c) A communist regime where everything is shared, even love.
(d) A democracy run by women.
8. In Thesmophoriazusae, what did Mnesilochus' cousin ask Agathon?
(a) To come with him to meet the women.
(b) To give him his wife's clothes.
(c) To spy on the women putting him on trial.
(d) To hide him.
9. When Eulipides and Pisthetaerus meet Hoopoe's servant, what does the servant first do to Eulipides and Pisthetaerus?
(a) Attack them.
(b) Tell them where to find the golden fleece.
(c) Bring them to his master.
(d) Make them breakfast.
10. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women do with Mnesilochus after uncovering his identity?
(a) They bite him.
(b) The send him away.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They turn him over to Athenian's authorities.
11. Who is getting married at the end of The Birds?
(a) Hera and Zeus.
(b) Hera and Pisthetaerus.
(c) Sovereignty and Pisthetaerus.
(d) Sovereignty and Hoopoe.
12. Why isn't Xanthias allowed to go across the river with Dionysus?
(a) He is a slave.
(b) He wants to swim.
(c) He can fly.
(d) He is too heavy.
13. In The Assemblywomen, what is Blepyros' relationship with Praxagora?
(a) Praxagora's husband.
(b) Praxagora's brother.
(c) Praxagora's son.
(d) Praxagora's father.
14. In The Assemblywomen, what resolution does Praxagora plan to introduce for Greece?
(a) Make peace with Sparta.
(b) Go to war.
(c) Turn the power over to women.
(d) Force men to wear dresses.
15. In The Assemblywomen, what do Blepyros and the other men find out in the morning?
(a) That the men need to wear dresses.
(b) That the women left the city.
(c) Parliament turned over the power to Sparta.
(d) Parliament turned over power to the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the place of "Best Tragic poet" at Hades' table at the end of The Frogs?
2. What is Praxagora lamenting at the start of The Assemblywomen?
3. What question do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus want to ask at the beginning of The Birds?
4. What is Eulipides and Pisthetaerus' first reaction when they meet who they came to find in the woods?
5. Who tries to burn down the gates after the women take over the building?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)