|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ferries Dionysus across the river in Hades?
2. How is Dionysus avoiding conflict with the characters that mistake him for Heracles?
(a) He does not.
(b) He trades clothes with Xanthias.
(c) He hides.
(d) He flies.
3. n Thesmophoriazusae, what is of interest concerning Agathon?
(a) He is playing the role of Euripides in a play.
(b) His wife has spare clothes.
(c) He is writing a play about women's rights.
(d) He is dressed as a woman for a part in his play.
4. In Thesmophoriazusae, who conducts Mnesilochus' interrogation during the proceedings?
(b) The vendor.
5. At the beginning of the Birds, who are Eulipides and Pisthetaerus looking for?
6. Who tries to burn down the gates after the women take over the building?
(a) A chorus of men.
(b) The women.
7. Who is Dionysus at the beginning of The Frogs?
(a) A miner.
(b) A slave.
(c) A backer.
(d) A God.
8. In Thesmophoriazusae, what do the women try to do to Mnesilochus to confirm that he is a man?
(a) Undress him.
(b) Imprison him.
(c) Expel him from the assembly.
(d) Kill him.
9. Who does Eulipides and Pisthetaerus come to meet in the woods look like?
(a) A man with a strange beak.
(b) A blind man.
(c) A man with a cape.
(d) A woman.
10. How is Cinesias treated when he arrives at the building occupied by the women?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) His wife pretends to want intercourse and then abandons him.
(c) He is sent away.
(d) His wife gives into intercourse.
11. How do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus think the gods can be supplanted?
(a) By dressing like birds.
(b) By stealing fire from men.
(c) By stealing Zeus' thunder.
(d) By building a castle between earth and heaven.
12. Who are fighting over the young man at the end of The Assemblywomen?
(a) Old women.
(b) Ugly women.
(d) Beautiful women.
13. In Thesmophoraizusae, who speaks for the prosecution in the case against Euripides?
(d) Micca and a vendor.
14. What city do Eulipides and Pisthetaerus want to leave at the beginning of Birds?
15. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
(a) To purchase cheese.
(b) To declare war.
(c) To offer trading women.
(d) To talk peace with Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan is proposed during the meeting at the beginning of Lysistrata?
2. In Thesmophoriazusae, what does Mnesilochus do to defend himself after being uncovered as a man?
3. When Dionysus arrives in Hades, who is Euripides in conflict with?
4. What god is caught wandering on earth at the end of The Birds?
5. In Thesmophoriazusae, who speaks in Euripides' defense at the women's court?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)