|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Assemblywomen, what do Blepyros and the other men find out in the morning?
(a) Parliament turned over power to the women.
(b) That the men need to wear dresses.
(c) That the women left the city.
(d) Parliament turned over the power to Sparta.
2. In The Assemblywomen, what resolution does Praxagora plan to introduce for Greece?
(a) Make peace with Sparta.
(b) Force men to wear dresses.
(c) Go to war.
(d) Turn the power over to women.
3. In Thesmophoriazusae, who conducts Mnesilochus' interrogation during the proceedings?
(a) The vendor.
4. What is Praxagora lamenting at the start of The Assemblywomen?
(a) The ineffective and ruinous ruling by the men.
(b) The lack of good men.
(c) The lack of entertainment.
(d) The lack of love.
5. Who takes the place of "Best Tragic poet" at Hades' table at the end of The Frogs?
6. n Thesmophoriazusae, what is of interest concerning Agathon?
(a) His wife has spare clothes.
(b) He is writing a play about women's rights.
(c) He is playing the role of Euripides in a play.
(d) He is dressed as a woman for a part in his play.
7. In Thesmophoriazusae, what is Mnesilochus cousin's occupation?
8. Why do the old women take over that particular building in Lysistrata?
(a) It holds the treasury necessary to wage war.
(b) It holds Sparta's prisoners.
(c) It holds all the weapons.
(d) It holds all the food for the army.
9. Who do the men see women, according to Lysistrata?
(b) As rascals.
10. Who is Dionysus at the beginning of The Frogs?
(a) A God.
(b) A slave.
(c) A backer.
(d) A miner.
11. What is the visitor from Sparta hiding under his tunic?
(a) A large erection.
(b) A shield.
(c) A spear.
12. In Thesmophoriazusae, what questions did the interrogator ask Mnesilochus to try to determine if he is a woman?
(a) How to cook a specific meal.
(b) How to take care of a baby.
(c) How he managed childbirth.
(d) Who "her" husband is and what "she" did during last year's festival.
13. In Thesmophoriazusae, who warns the women of a spy in their mists during the court proceedings?
14. How did Praxagora's women dress the morning of the coup?
(a) Like children.
(b) In their husband's clothes, wearing fake beards.
(c) Normal women's clothes.
15. How is a man supposed to earn the right to sleep with a pretty girl according to Praxagora?
(a) By doing chores.
(b) By sleeping with an ugly older woman.
(c) By sleeping only with beautiful women.
(d) By cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dionysus avoiding conflict with the characters that mistake him for Heracles?
2. In Thesmophoriazusae, what does Mnesilochus do to defend himself after being uncovered as a man?
3. In Thesmophoriazusae, what punishment do the women want to apply to Mnesilochus' cousin?
4. How does the play Lysistrata end?
5. What does the visitor from Sparta want?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)