|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bdelycleon and his father, Philocleon's, views on Cleon?
(a) Bdelycleon hates Cleon and Philocleon loves Cleon.
(b) They both love Cleon.
(c) They both hate Cleon.
(d) Bdelycleon loves Cleon and Philocleon hates Cleon.
2. Who foiled Philocleon's plan?
3. What is Bdelycleon's father's affliction?
(a) He loves women.
(b) He loves women.
(c) He loves the courts.
(d) He loves drinking.
4. In the Wasps, what is the second trick Philocleon uses to try to escape the house Bdelycleon confined him in?
(a) Needs to go to the doctor.
(b) Sells a donkey at the market.
(c) He is a defendant in a case.
(d) Needs to see a sick friend.
5. Who is Demosthenes and Nicias' master?
6. What prevented peace from being released sooner according to Trygaeus and Hermes?
(a) The government.
(b) The beetle.
(c) War profiteering.
7. What does Bdelycleon order his slaves to do?
(a) To cap the chimney.
(b) To replace the wood door with a steel door.
(c) To nail the door.
(d) To wall the door.
8. What happens when Amphitheus meets with the Spartans?
(a) He declares war on Sparta.
(b) He has a good meal.
(c) A peace deal is made.
(d) He is imprisoned.
9. What are the judges entitled to according to Bdelycleon?
(a) A small percentage of the belongings of those condemned.
(b) A small percentage of the money politicians extort using the courts.
(c) A small percentage of the court fees.
(d) A small percentage of the taxes.
10. What does Trygaeus ask his servants and daughter not to do?
(a) Not to follow him on another beetle.
(b) Not to clean the house.
(c) Not to go to Sparta.
(d) Not to pass gas or use the bathroom for 3 days.
11. What does Trygaeus do after arriving in heaven?
(a) He feeds his beetle.
(b) He goes back home.
(c) He argues with the god.
(d) He hits the god.
12. Why does Dicaeopolis go to see the playwright?
(a) To go hunting with him.
(b) To borrow the beggar costume.
(c) To help him write a play.
(d) To have him write a speech.
13. What do Demosthenes and Nicas accuse their fellow slave, Paphlagon, of doing?
(a) Not cleaning the beetle's stall.
(b) Weaseling his way into a position of trust for personal gain.
(c) Not doing his share of chores.
(d) Cooking bad food and accusing them.
14. In the Knights, what do the slaves tell the audience?
(a) Cleon is a Spartan.
(b) Everyone is afraid of Cleon.
(c) Cleon is being emancipated.
(d) Everyone loves Cleon.
15. What does Dicaeopolis wait for at the beginning of Acharnians?
(a) Athens to surrender to Sparta.
(b) The assembly to begin.
(c) Sparta to surrender to Athens.
(d) His wife to come back from the Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cleon outbid for support at the Boule?
2. What are Sosias and Xanthias doing at the start of The Wasps?
3. What is the reaction of the one that is supposed to replace Cleon?
4. Who enrolls in the think-shop in Pheidippides' stead?
5. In the Knights, what do the slaves want to do that has been forbidden?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)