|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the orators preceding Dicaeopolis speak of?
(b) Internal policies.
(c) Trivial things.
(d) The war.
2. Who does Amphitheus take hostage?
(a) A child.
(b) A bag of coal.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
3. What must Athenians and Trygaeus' servants prepare for when Trygaeus returns?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A festival wedding.
(c) A feast to celebrate war.
(d) The invasion of Sparta.
4. At the beginning of The Knights, what are Demosthenes and Nicias complaining about?
(a) A beating they received from their master.
(b) The war with Sparta.
(c) The high taxes.
(d) The government.
5. Upon his arrival at the think-shop, how is Strepsiades greeted?
(a) Somebody takes his toga.
(b) Somebody takes his shoes.
(c) Somebody takes his gloves.
(d) Somebody takes his cloak.
6. What is the relationship between Strepsiades and Pheidippides?
(a) Two friends.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Two merchant.
(d) Two generals.
7. What are Sosias and Xanthias doing at the start of The Wasps?
(b) Writing a play.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Keeping watch over their master Bdelycleon's house.
8. What happens to Amphitheus?
(a) He visits Acharnian farms.
(b) He is captured by a gang of Acharnians.
(c) He has a meal with Acharnians.
(d) He goes back to Sparta.
9. At the think-shop, who is Strepsiades presented to after his enrollment?
10. Who enrolls in the think-shop in Pheidippides' stead?
(a) A friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
11. In Peace, why is War leaving heaven after his servant returns empty handed from earth?
(a) He needs to find new pestle.
(b) He wants more salad.
(c) He needs to go find the other gods.
(d) He wants to renounce his godhood.
12. In the Clouds, where does Socrates go when he needs to think?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In a basket suspended from the ceiling.
(c) Upside down.
(d) In his bed.
13. How is Cleon outbid for support at the Boule?
(a) The merchant goes on strike.
(b) The sausage seller promises free food to the council.
(c) Cleon is not outbid.
(d) The sausage seller threatens the council.
14. What does Dicaeopolis do after the meeting with the Spartans?
(a) He organizes a feast to the God Dionysus.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He hides in his house.
(d) He goes to the Assembly.
15. What is Strepsiades trying to do after relenting over beating Pheidippides?
(a) Enroll Pheidippides in school so he can find a job.
(b) Enroll Pheidippides in the army.
(c) Enroll Pheidippides in Socrates' class to get rid of his debt.
(d) Enroll Pheidippides in betting classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Demosthenes and Nicas accuse their fellow slave, Paphlagon, of doing?
2. What happens when Bdelycleon tries to sell the donkey himself?
3. What does Dicaeopolis agree to?
4. What does Pheidippides predict Strepsiades will do after Pheidippides finishes his training at Socrates' School?
5. In the Wasps, how does Philocleon try to escape the house Bdelycleon confined him in?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)