|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Whenever independent proletarian movements continued to show signs of life, they were ruthlessly _____________.
2. What version in 1886 is considered by Engels to be the best published translation to date?
3. "But then, the Manifesto has become a ____________ document, which we have no longer any right to alter."
4. Where were the proletariat first able to hold political power?
5. More than half the land in common in Russia is held by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurred in London in November 1847?
2. Why does Engels have to re-translate from the Russian version of The Communist Manifesto?
3. What event was The Communist Manifesto supposed to be printed before?
4. Who was the translator of the first Russian edition of The Communist Manifesto?
5. Describe the burial of the answer to #43, as described by the remaining author.
6. Who used to supply raw materials to Europe while also being the market for the sale of its industrial products?
7. Why isn't the Danish translation complete?
8. What sprang up in the European working class, who had recovered sufficient strength for another attack on the ruling classes?
9. First published in Germany, twelve editions are said to be republished in what other countries?
10. When and where was The Communist Manifesto Russian translation published?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Marx is also quick to point out that the revolutionaries should also work with other political parties.
Part 1: Why does Marx want the people to work with other political parties?
Part 2: What happens if this includes bourgeois in the parties?
Part 3: Do you think there can only be one party in Communism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Though the arguments in The Communist Manifesto are found, the idea of communism is not something that has spread throughout the world.
Part 1: Do you think the argument in this text is strong? How? Why?
Part 2: Why has Communism not been as effective in today's world as Marx envisioned?
Part 3: Do you see Communism as a viable societal construct? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Communism is something many people have grown up to fear, rather than to accept.
Part 1: What did this manuscript tell you about Communism that you didn't already know?
Part 2: Have your views of Communism changed? Why or why not?
Part 3: Define Communism as you now understand it after reading this text.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)