|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was a Russian translation published in the sixties?
2. Where was the Spanish translation published?
3. Where did the French version of the Manifesto appear in 1886?
4. What language was the Communist Manifesto originally written in?
5. Who is the international association of workers mentioned in the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of land ownership in Russia?
2. Whenever independent proletarian movements continued to show signs of life, what happened?
3. What was the working class reduced to as a result of the answer to #49?
4. Where was The Communist Manifesto first published in English?
5. Describe the burial of the answer to #43, as described by the remaining author.
6. Who used to supply raw materials to Europe while also being the market for the sale of its industrial products?
7. Who found their salvation from the proletarian during the Russian Revolution?
8. When and where was The Communist Manifesto Russian translation published?
9. What occurred in London in November 1847?
10. What is said about the struggle between the classes at this current time? What is the stage that has been reached?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of class being the root of all troubles is one that Marx describes at length.
Part 1: Define the idea of class in society then and now.
Part 2: What does class structure do to cause the trouble that Marx feels needs to be changed?
Part 3: Why is class structure so important to the argument for Communism?
Essay Topic 2
Money is certainly something that is factored into the discussion of Communism.
Part 1: Who has all the money in the society of Marx's time?
Part 2: How does this hurt society?
Part 3: How is money being taken away from the working class?
Essay Topic 3
The proletarian seems to have numerous forces working against him that cause his suffering.
Part 1: List two people that take money from the worker.
Part 2: What is the cycle that is set up in the worker's life, as it relates to money?
Part 3: Why can't the proletariat get out of this cycle?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)