|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their __________.
2. Being a capitalist is a _________ position in production.
3. The aristocracy was not upset that there was a proletariat so much as they were upset there was a ________ proletariat.
4. The _____ system of industry now no longer sufficed for the growing wants of the new markets.
5. What does wage labor not create for the laborer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the work of the proletarians lost all individual character?
2. According to the book, what happens to the lower middle class as production becomes more mechanized?
3. Define the idea of the proletariat.
4. What does Communism seek to do with property?
5. What does reactionary socialism, specifically feudal socialism literature, seek to upbraid the bourgeoisie about?
6. What languages was the Communist Manifesto meant to be published in?
7. Who are the authors of the Communist Manifesto?
8. What does the opening line say is haunting Europe?
9. What did the true socialism of Germany represent with regard to the reactionary interests?
10. In Switzerland, who do the Communists support?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of property in this manuscript is one that could be hotly debated in today's world.
Part 1: How does Marx define property in this text?
Part 2: Why is property something that needs to become a communal possession?
Part 3: What happens when only one class of people own all the property?
Essay Topic 2
The progression of society is where Marx begins this theories.
Part 1: Describe the progress of society in relation to the development of the class system.
Part 2: What was the previous construct of society that begin to set up the two distinct groups?
Part 3: If society constantly changes, does it seem likely that the class system will also go away one day, just as it developed at one point?
Essay Topic 3
The proletariat seem to be somehow different from the current idea of working class.
Part 1: What makes the proletariat different from today's working class?
Part 2: What made the proletariat in Marx's time so important?
Part 3: What are the hardships that cause the proletariat to be unsatisfied with their lives in Marx's time?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)