|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not a country in which The Communist Manifesto was published?
2. On what date was this preface signed?
(a) December 3
(b) April 14
(c) July 28
(d) June 28
3. Who already proclaimed the aim which is the answer to #174?
(a) The March to Freedom
(b) Geneva Congress of the International
(c) Geneva Group of Communist Supporters
(d) Communist League
4. Who owned the Red Republican?
(a) Friedrich Engels
(b) Karl Marx
(c) John Smith
(d) Geroge Julian Harney
5. When was the Congress of the group in #91 held?
Short Answer Questions
1. "No special stress if laid on the ___________ measures proposed..."
2. Who translated the second Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto?
3. How long were the members of the group in #150 imprisoned?
4. Where was the New York version of The Communist Manifesto printed?
5. Where did the French version of the Manifesto appear in 1886?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who found their salvation from the proletarian during the Russian Revolution?
2. What drove into the background the social and political aspirations of the European working class?
3. What sprang up in the European working class, who had recovered sufficient strength for another attack on the ruling classes?
4. Why is the preface to this edition only to be signed by one man?
5. Describe the burial of the answer to #43, as described by the remaining author.
6. Where did the proletariat for the first time hold political power for two whole months?
7. Who was the translator of the first Russian edition of The Communist Manifesto?
8. What is the state of land ownership in Russia?
9. What was the situation with the Prussian police and the Central Board of the Communist League?
10. In 1847, who were the two kinds of people who were considered socialists?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)