|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Marx relied solely on the ___________ development of the working class."
2. The Manuscript of The Communist Manifesto was to be printed a few weeks before what?
(a) The February Revolution
(b) The March Revolution
(c) The Marching Revolution
(d) The Final Revolution
3. When was the Congress of the group in #91 held?
4. All of the thoughts in The Communist Manifesto have occurred ever since the dissolution of the primeval communal ownership of _______.
5. On what date was this preface signed?
(a) July 28
(b) December 3
(c) April 14
(d) June 28
Short Answer Questions
1. What translation of The Communist Manifesto was supposed to be printed in Constantinople but did not occur?
2. Shortly before the June insurrection of 1849, where did a French version of The Communist Manifesto appear?
3. Who translated the first English version of The Communist Manifesto?
4. Engels: "If only _____ were still by my side to see this with his own eyes!"
5. What version in 1886 is considered by Engels to be the best published translation to date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whenever independent proletarian movements continued to show signs of life, what happened?
2. What event was The Communist Manifesto supposed to be printed before?
3. What was the working class reduced to as a result of the answer to #49?
4. What is the state of land ownership in Russia?
5. What occurred in London in November 1847?
6. What drove into the background the social and political aspirations of the European working class?
7. Why didn't the publisher in Constantinople publish the Armenian translation of The Communist Manifesto?
8. Who was the translator of the first Russian edition of The Communist Manifesto?
9. Why isn't the Danish translation complete?
10. Where in New York was a translation of The Communist Manifesto published?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)