|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who absorbed the surplus proletarian forces of Europe?
(c) United States
2. Since his death, there can be even _____ thought of revising or supplementing the Manifesto.
(b) Less serious
3. Where did the French version of the Manifesto appear in 1886?
(a) Le Socialiste
(b) Le Socialiette
(c) La Creation de Paix
(d) La Musee d'Orsay
4. What are the European and American proletariat working to gain at the time of this preface?
(a) Safe working conditions
(b) 15 minutes breaks
(c) 8 hour working day
(d) Lunch hours
5. The first Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto was translated by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What version in 1886 is considered by Engels to be the best published translation to date?
2. On what date was this preface signed?
3. When was the group in #150 tried?
4. Where was the first English version of The Communist Manifesto printed?
5. What language was the Communist Manifesto originally written in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of land ownership in Russia?
2. What was the aim of the International Working Men's Association?
3. Where did the proletariat for the first time hold political power for two whole months?
4. Who is responsible for the basic thought running through The Communist Manifesto?
5. Where was The Communist Manifesto first published in English?
6. What is the only answer that is possible today, according to the final paragraph of this section?
7. Who found their salvation from the proletarian during the Russian Revolution?
8. What event was The Communist Manifesto supposed to be printed before?
9. First published in Germany, twelve editions are said to be republished in what other countries?
10. Why didn't the publisher in Constantinople publish the Armenian translation of The Communist Manifesto?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)