|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the Red Republican?
(a) Geroge Julian Harney
(b) Karl Marx
(c) Friedrich Engels
(d) John Smith
2. What is the Russian form of primeval common ownership of land called?
3. "But then, the Manifesto has become a ____________ document, which we have no longer any right to alter."
4. All history has been a history of __________ struggles.
5. Who created the basic running thought of the Manifesto?
(a) Marx and Engels
6. Marx and Engels wonder if the answer to #123 might be able to pass directly to the higher form of communist ______________.
(c) Common ownership
(d) Property sharing
7. Who is the international association of workers mentioned in the beginning of this section?
(a) The Worldwide Association of Communists
(b) The Communist League
(c) The Communist Organization
(d) The Socialist Party
8. Where was the Spanish translation published?
9. Where were the proletariat first able to hold political power?
(a) Paris Commune
(b) Berlin Mass
(c) Paris Congress
(d) Munich Order
10. Where was the New York version of The Communist Manifesto printed?
(a) New York Minute
(b) New York Times
(c) Le Socialiste
(d) New Yorker Magazine
11. The Manuscript of The Communist Manifesto was to be printed a few weeks before what?
(a) The February Revolution
(b) The Marching Revolution
(c) The Final Revolution
(d) The March Revolution
12. What version in 1886 is considered by Engels to be the best published translation to date?
13. What was another one of the countries missing from this section in #111 in the Manifesto?
(b) United States
14. Where is Marx buried?
(b) Eiffel Tower
(c) Highgate Cemetery
(d) He wasn't
15. The first Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto was translated by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russian edition of The Communist Manifesto was published in the early sixties by the printing office of the ________.
2. Who hunted out a large Communist group in Cologne?
3. Where was a Russian translation published in the sixties?
4. When was this preface signed?
5. What is the system of Utopian communism in France?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)