|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What version in 1886 is considered by Engels to be the best published translation to date?
2. The proletariat can no longer ____________ itself from the class which exploits and oppresses it.
3. How long were the members of the group in #150 imprisoned?
(a) 2 years
(b) They weren't
(c) 1 year
(d) 18 months
4. What is the system of Utopian communism in France?
(b) Toujours Rouge
5. Where did the French version of the Manifesto appear in 1886?
(a) La Creation de Paix
(b) Le Socialiste
(c) Le Socialiette
(d) La Musee d'Orsay
6. The proletariat can no longer free itself from the bonds of its place without at the "same time forever freeing the whole of __________ from exploitation, oppression, and class struggles."
7. When did the group in #154 break up?
8. What language was the Communist Manifesto originally written in?
9. How many (at least) different editions of The Communist Manifesto have been republished in German?
10. What fitted North America for a gigantic agricultural production?
(a) European immigration
(b) Industrial revolution
11. Where was this preface signed?
12. What translation of The Communist Manifesto was supposed to be printed in Constantinople but did not occur?
13. Who translated the second Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto?
(a) Vera Zasulich
(b) Josef Zasulit
(c) Boris Yasloff
(d) Samuel Moore
14. What is already growing on Marx's grave?
(a) A rose
(b) First grass
(c) A flower
(d) A promise
15. What is not a country in which The Communist Manifesto was published?
Short Answer Questions
1. All history has been a history of __________ struggles.
2. Where is this person in #119 now residing?
3. Who absorbed the surplus proletarian forces of Europe?
4. Who was proclaimed the chief of European reaction?
5. All history has been of struggles between ____________ and exploiting.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)