|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "No special stress if laid on the ___________ measures proposed..."
2. What translation of The Communist Manifesto was supposed to be printed in Constantinople but did not occur?
3. What Communist group is referred to in #149?
(a) Upper Crust
(b) Central Board
(c) Ruling Class
(d) Down with Bourgeois
4. What is already growing on Marx's grave?
(a) A promise
(b) First grass
(c) A flower
(d) A rose
5. Who owned the Red Republican?
(a) Karl Marx
(b) John Smith
(c) Geroge Julian Harney
(d) Friedrich Engels
6. "But then, the Manifesto has become a ____________ document, which we have no longer any right to alter."
7. When the Manifesto was translated into English in New York, where was it published?
(a) Woodhill and Claflin's Weekly
(b) Communism Daily
(c) The Red Press News
(d) New Yorker Magazine
8. Where is this person in #119 now residing?
9. The small and middle land ownership of the farmers is succumbing to the ______ of giant farms.
(a) Production values
10. Where is Marx buried?
(a) Highgate Cemetery
(c) He wasn't
(d) Eiffel Tower
11. What was another one of the countries missing from this section in #111 in the Manifesto?
(d) United States
12. Marx, the man to whom the whole _________ of Europe owes more than to any one else.
(a) Proletariat movement
(c) Working class
(d) Peasant power
13. "We could not have called it a _____________ manifesto."
14. This basic thought belongs solely and exclusively to ___________.
15. The first Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto was translated by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the revolution in Russia?
2. How long has it been since the original publication of The Communist Manifesto?
3. The President of the English trades unions said: "Continental socialism has lost its _____ for us."
4. Engels: "If only _____ were still by my side to see this with his own eyes!"
5. "Marx relied solely on the ___________ development of the working class."
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)