|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the International Working Men's Association exist?
(a) 9 years
(b) 9 months
(c) 1 year
(d) 10 years
2. When the European working class had recovered sufficient strength for another attack on the ruling classes, the ___________ sprang up.
(a) Communist Workers
(b) Communist League
(c) International Working Men's Association
(d) The International Red Stronghold
3. What has gone astray as Engels writes this preface?
(a) An English version
(b) The Russian translator
(c) The original German manuscript
(d) A large portion of Marx's writings
4. Where was the Congress of the group in #91 held?
5. "No special stress if laid on the ___________ measures proposed..."
6. When was the Parisian insurrection defeated?
(a) June 1848
(b) July 1843
(c) January 1848
(d) August 1848
7. All history has been a history of __________ struggles.
8. Who hunted out a large Communist group in Cologne?
(a) Prussian police
(b) French guards
(c) English mobs
(d) Russian police
9. The first Russian translation of The Communist Manifesto was translated by whom?
10. On what date was this preface signed?
(a) July 24
(b) March 21
(c) June 23
(d) January 21
11. Who absorbed the surplus proletarian forces of Europe?
(c) United States
12. "Whenever independent proletarian movements continued to show signs of life, they were ruthlessly _____________.
(a) Hunted down
13. More than half the land in common in Russia is held by whom?
(a) The proletariat
(b) The government
(c) The peasants
(d) The bourgeois
14. Where is this person in #119 now residing?
15. How many (at least) different editions of The Communist Manifesto have been republished in German?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was this preface signed?
2. Who created the basic running thought of the Manifesto?
3. Who was proclaimed the chief of European reaction?
4. Where was this Russian edition signed?
5. What is the system of Utopian communism in Germany?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)