|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cardinal ______ Bem is being driven home from a meeting when something unfortunate happens.
2. Who is the helpful person who tells the Cardinal that he can show him where a bus is?
3. Father Prisbek points out that no ____________ are watching the Cardinal or watching him.
4. Where is the Cardinal being taken, according to the men who come to take him away?
5. What was the language of the magazine the woman was reading, a language that she did not understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who must the Cardinal talk to when he calls the Ministry of Religious Affairs, according to the colonel?
2. What does the colonel want the Cardinal to do for him when he is staying in the agricultural school?
3. What is the location to which the Cardinal Bem is being taken?
4. Who was hurt in the accident that the Cardinal and Joseph were involved in?
5. What makes the Cardinal believe that their location is adjacent to a larger city?
6. What are two of the topics the men discuss while they are all eating lunch in the kitchen?
7. What do the Security Police tell Cardinal Bem as they begin to get him ready to go?
8. What is confusing to the Cardinal about the transportation that the Security Police use to escort him away?
9. What is the story that the Cardinal tells the police officers when they ask him what he is doing in the area?
10. What does the Cardinal Bem learn from the Deputy Minister when he places the phone call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cardinal decides that he wants to escape, so he does, going against the authorities who have him in the farm.
Part 1: Why do you think the Cardinal decides he needs to escape?
Part 2: Why do you think the Cardinal decides to just put his life into God's hands?
Part 3: Do you think the Cardinal should have tried to escape on his own? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Cardinal decides that in order to deal with danger, he must give it reason to find him.
Part 1: Do you think it's a wide idea for the Cardinal to hope that danger comes to him? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think the Cardinal should have been a bit more careful? Why or why not?
Part 3: How would you have reacted after meeting with the Prime Minister, if you were the Cardinal?
Essay Topic 3
Someone attempts to kill the Cardinal as he is being driven in his car.
Part 1: Why do you think the woman tried to shoot at the Cardinal?
Part 2: Why do you think the accident was called a drunk driving accident?
Part 3: Do you think that this accident was meant to kill or to scare the Cardinal? Why?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)