|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cardinal think of the man who tried to assassinate him the other night?
(a) The he was deranged.
(b) That he was a drunk.
(c) That he was a colleague.
(d) That he was a friend.
2. The Cardinal and Janik are left in a cell for the night as they can't call the _____________ until the morning.
3. What number was Cardinal Bem given when he was sitting and waiting to see Father Ley in the VD clinic?
4. The Cardinal tells Father Malik he believes people are using religion now as a sort of _____________.
(b) Father figure.
5. A traveling _________ sharpener and his girlfriend picked up the Cardinal as he was standing on the side of the road.
6. What does the young man tell the Cardinal NOT to do when the man is getting ready to leave?
(a) Get up.
(b) Thank him.
(c) Leave immediately.
7. What does the Cardinal want Tomas to pack up now before and for the next day's ceremonies?
(a) His robes.
(b) His books.
(c) His speech.
(d) His dog.
8. Where does the Cardinal believe Father Ley is waiting for him so that they can talk?
(a) His residence.
(b) A school.
9. Where does the Cardinal go to collect his thoughts before giving his speech?
(a) Behind the Church.
(b) The vestibule.
10. What began to be seen at those small roadside shrines to the Virgin, which had survived the Communist rule?
(b) Gatherings of mourners.
(d) Paper papal flags.
11. While the Borodin location is now closed, the Cardinal finds out there is now talk of making it a _____________.
(a) Training facility.
12. What did the Cardinal buy with the change he had left after buying his bus ticket to go to a new city?
(a) A piece of meat.
(b) A roll.
(d) A sausage.
13. The Cardinal noted a large number of people coming out of ________, which must have been the 7:30 mass.
(a) Santa Maria.
(b) Santa Rosa.
(c) Santa Teresa.
(d) Santa Sabina.
14. When the Cardinal begins to receive a number of phone calls after the announcement of his return, which does he respond to first?
(a) Some Western embassies.
(b) The foreign press.
(c) American television.
(d) No one's.
15. The Poniatov Bridge was the only bridge the ____________ had failed to destroy when they fled the ruined city.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ have been handing out pamphlets about an announcement during the time of Rywald.
2. Janik informs Cardinal Bem that the army is usually looking for stolen _____________ when they are out on patrol.
3. What clinic is the Cardinal supposed to go to in order to meet up with his friend in a safe location?
4. What was Jan Ley doing in the hospital bed when Cardinal Bem came to see him?
5. Who came to the Cardinal, telling him excitedly that he had seen him on the evening news?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)