|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young man tell the Cardinal NOT to do when the man is getting ready to leave?
(a) Leave immediately.
(c) Thank him.
(d) Get up.
2. The Cardinal points out that in the days of _________ Rostropov and his friends, the country was run only by them.
3. What did the SP man pull out before the Cardinal was led into the Prime Minister's garden?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hat.
(c) A letter.
(d) A mirror.
4. Who officiated the requiem mass for Joseph in the cathedral when the Cardinal was away?
(a) Monsignor Jelen.
(b) Monsigor Krasnoy.
(c) Monsignor Ley.
(d) Monsignor Bertela.
5. Who came to the Cardinal, telling him excitedly that he had seen him on the evening news?
(a) Father Ley.
(c) Father Malik.
6. Janik informs Cardinal Bem that the army is usually looking for stolen _____________ when they are out on patrol.
7. A young man in a ____________ shirt and a blue plastic hat come out of the small Fiat when it drove up.
8. What sounds alarmed the Cardinal as he ran down the path after being told to do so?
(a) Church bells.
9. When the Cardinal begins to receive a number of phone calls after the announcement of his return, which does he respond to first?
(a) The foreign press.
(b) No one's.
(c) American television.
(d) Some Western embassies.
10. How many bishops are set to attend the celebrations where the archbishop is to give his incendiary speech?
11. A traveling _________ sharpener and his girlfriend picked up the Cardinal as he was standing on the side of the road.
12. What clinic is the Cardinal supposed to go to in order to meet up with his friend in a safe location?
(d) Sports Medicine.
13. The Security Police surrounded the Cardinal's car as though they were an official ______________.
(a) Security threat.
(c) Military general.
(d) Prisoner of war.
14. The Cardinal noted a large number of people coming out of ________, which must have been the 7:30 mass.
(a) Santa Teresa.
(b) Santa Sabina.
(c) Santa Maria.
(d) Santa Rosa.
15. Who acted as the dresser for Cardinal Bem when he returned to his residence?
(a) Father Malik.
(c) Father Presnik.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cardinal want Tomas to pack up now before and for the next day's ceremonies?
2. What kind of ceremony had the Cardinal last presided over at the church where he finds himself at this point?
3. Janik was the new driver and he wears a leather _____________ cap of the WWI vintage, according to the story.
4. How does the Cardinal promise to the General that he will tell the lie about what happened with the government?
5. The Cardinal was then taken the the old Borodin ______, not to a factory as the Cardinal had assumed he was taken.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)