|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
2. Why does the writer of the last message say she is writing down what happens?
3. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
4. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
5. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
2. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
3. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
4. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
5. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
6. What are the two choices Doon believes he has if Lina doesn't show up at the entrance to the Pipeworks as planned and which does he believe is the better of the two?
7. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
8. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
9. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
10. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least five inhabitants of Ember. How are each important to the city? How are each important to other inhabitants?
Essay Topic 2
Describe school in Ember. Compare that to your own school.
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important setting of the book? Why do you consider this an important setting? Fully describe the setting.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)