|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lina go into the library?
2. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
3. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
4. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
5. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
2. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
3. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
4. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
5. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
6. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
7. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
8. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
9. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
10. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe school in Ember. Compare that to your own school.
Essay Topic 2
Describe an average day for the residents of Ember. Use information from the book, such as the kinds of messages Lina delivers, as clues to the kinds of lives the people live. `
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lina and Doon. How are they similar? How are they different? How does each impact the other?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)