|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
2. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
3. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
4. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
5. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
2. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
3. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
4. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
5. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
6. What are some of the things Doon packs to take on the journey out of Ember and what are some of the things he leaves behind?
7. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
8. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
9. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
10. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main sources of food for the people of Ember? How has that changed over the years? Why has it changed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Assignment Day. How are jobs assigned? What's wrong with this method? What could have been done differently?
Essay Topic 3
What happens each time the lights go off in the city of Ember? What happens when the lights go off on the day Lina is buying the pencils? What does Lina fear will someday happen when the lights go off? Why do the lights go off?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)