|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say she's good at?
2. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
3. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
4. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
5. What does Lizzie say her boyfriend says about her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
2. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
3. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
4. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
5. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
6. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
7. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
8. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
9. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
10. What are the two choices Doon believes he has if Lina doesn't show up at the entrance to the Pipeworks as planned and which does he believe is the better of the two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ember. What are some important aspects of the city?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least five inhabitants of Ember. How are each important to the city? How are each important to other inhabitants?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important setting of the book? Why do you consider this an important setting? Fully describe the setting.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)