|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina do while they eat the last of the food Doon has?
2. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
3. How do Doon, Lina, and Poppy clean their hands after eating the fruit?
4. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
5. What does Lina think the columns of rocks resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
2. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
3. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
4. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
5. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
6. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
7. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
8. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
9. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
10. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe school in Ember. Compare that to your own school.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the first people inhabit Ember. How do Doon and Lina learn the details of this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Doon and Lina leave Ember. What are some of the major problems they encounter? How do they overcome them?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)