|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
2. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
3. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
4. How are Doon and Lina supposed to get the boat into the water?
5. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
2. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
3. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
4. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
5. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
6. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
7. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
8. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
9. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
10. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ember come into being? Why is it built? What are the Builders' plans for the city? How do those plans go wrong?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ember. What are some important aspects of the city?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mayor Cole's reaction when Doon voices his belief that the city is in real trouble? Describe Mayor Cole's speech later in the main square. Is Mayor Cole genuinely doing his best for the city? Are Mayor Cole's actions honorable? Why or why not?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)