|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina realize Looper is doing with the items he's taking from the storerooms?
2. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
3. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
4. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
5. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
2. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
3. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
4. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
5. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
6. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
7. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
8. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
9. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
10. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Granny and Mrs. Murdo. How are the two women similar? How are they different? What are their roles in the lives of Lina and Poppy?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main sources of food for the people of Ember? How has that changed over the years? Why has it changed?
Essay Topic 3
What are the attitudes about the people of Ember with regard to their need to reuse and recycle items? What has prompted this attitude? Is there something to be learned from this attitude?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)