|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poppy find and almost chew on?
2. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
3. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
4. What day does "the last message" begin on?
5. What does the writer say she's good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
2. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
3. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
4. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
5. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
6. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
7. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
8. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
9. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
10. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ember come into being? Why is it built? What are the Builders' plans for the city? How do those plans go wrong?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the problems in Ember the year Doon and Lina turn twelve? How are these problems being addressed? What are the reactions of the people to these problems?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main sources of food for the people of Ember? How has that changed over the years? Why has it changed?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)