|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
2. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
3. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
4. What day does "the last message" begin on?
5. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Assignment Day. How are jobs assigned? What's wrong with this method? What could have been done differently?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lina comes to have the instructions for leaving Ember. How does she finally figure out what the instructions mean? How might the lives of the people of Ember have been different if the mayors had completed their duties with regard to handing down the box?
Essay Topic 3
What happens each time the lights go off in the city of Ember? What happens when the lights go off on the day Lina is buying the pencils? What does Lina fear will someday happen when the lights go off? Why do the lights go off?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)