Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
2. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
3. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
4. Who is Poppy?
5. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
2. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
3. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
4. What is Assignment Day and how are assignments given?
5. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
6. Why does Lina decide she can't ask the mayor to come to her house to see the instructions?
7. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
8. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
9. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
10. Briefly describe the room Lina shares with Poppy.
Essay Topic 1
What do people believe exists outside the lights of Ember? How do people go about trying to explore that region? What are the results?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lina and Doon. How are they similar? How are they different? How does each impact the other?
Essay Topic 3
What is the most important setting of the book? Why do you consider this an important setting? Fully describe the setting.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)