|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
2. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
4. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
5. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
2. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
3. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
4. Where does Doon go to learn about fire and what are some of the things Doon learns about fire?
5. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
6. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
7. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
8. What are the clues that the paper from the fancy box was written by the Builders?
9. List at least three of the jobs that are included in the list of jobs given out to Lina, Doon, and their classmates. Briefly described those jobs.
10. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
Essay Topic 1
What do people believe exists outside the lights of Ember? How do people go about trying to explore that region? What are the results?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main sources of food for the people of Ember? How has that changed over the years? Why has it changed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe school in Ember. Compare that to your own school.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)