|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina do with the message she writes to the mayor?
2. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
4. What is on Lina's wall?
5. What is it about the note that sparks Lina's curiosity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
2. What does Doon say about the situation in Ember and what is the Mayor's reaction?
3. What is Assignment Day and how are assignments given?
4. What are the other tragedies Lina thinks about as she stays home from work to take care of Granny?
5. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
6. What is Mrs. Murdo like and what does Lina like about having her around?
7. What happens when Lina and Doon are trying to figure out a way into the strange door Doon finds in the Pipeworks?
8. What does Doon believe he's going to be able to do once he's working in the Pipeworks and why does he believe this?
9. Describe what lies beyond the light from Ember and what people know about that area.
10. What happens as Lina is looking for Poppy outside Looper's store and what is the decision Lina struggles with during those few minutes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least five inhabitants of Ember. How are each important to the city? How are each important to other inhabitants?
Essay Topic 2
Describe school in Ember. Compare that to your own school.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lina and Doon. How are they similar? How are they different? How does each impact the other?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)