|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people are staying home.
(b) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(c) That people have found many cans of food.
(d) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
2. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
3. What does Lina think the columns of rocks resemble?
(a) Elegant houses.
(b) Piles of mashed potatoes.
4. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(b) A guard.
(c) Lina and Poppy.
(d) No one.
5. What is in the can the little boys pick up when Lizzie drops her sack?
(b) Fruit cocktail.
(c) Pork and beans.
(d) Tomato soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
2. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
3. What time does Doon head to the Pipeworks?
4. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
5. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
2. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
3. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
4. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
5. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
6. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
7. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
8. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
9. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
10. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)