|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
(a) Doon has seen one in a book.
(b) They've always known what a boat is.
(c) It's written on the instructions.
(d) It's written on the side.
2. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Peaches day.
(c) Singing day.
3. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
4. What time does Doon head to the Pipeworks?
(a) Two o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
5. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
(a) To punish those convicted of crimes.
(b) To be sure people don't disappear from the Earth.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) To hide people from an invading army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
2. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
3. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
4. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
5. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
2. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
3. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
4. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
5. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
6. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
7. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
8. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
9. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
10. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)