|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
(a) Not knowing where they're going.
(b) Being wet.
(c) Going so fast in the dark.
(d) Being slammed into rocks.
2. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
(a) He touches it with his hands.
(b) He falls and finds it.
(c) The notice shines in the candlelight.
(d) Poppy picks it up.
3. Who is second-in-command after the mayor?
(a) Mr. Harrow.
(b) The chief guard.
(c) No one.
4. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
5. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(a) To Lina's house.
(b) To work.
(c) To Clary's greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poppy find and almost chew on?
2. What does Mrs. Murdo have cooked for dinner when Lina gets home with the food from Lizzie?
3. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
4. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
5. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
2. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
3. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
4. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
5. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
6. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
7. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
8. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
9. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
10. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)