|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
(a) That they can't go back.
(b) That she shouldn't cry.
(c) That they'll have a new home.
(d) That they're almost there.
2. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
(a) Throws a rock at her.
(b) Calls out to her.
(c) Grabs her coat.
(d) Steps in front of her.
3. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he wanted what was best for the people.
(b) That he was always angry.
(c) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(d) That he was greedy and wicked.
4. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At the trash heaps.
(b) At a church.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the greenhouses.
5. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(d) They all go at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
2. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
3. What is Lina carrying when she joins Doon at the entrance of the Pipeworks?
4. What does Poppy find and almost chew on?
5. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
2. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
3. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
4. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
5. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
6. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
7. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
8. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
9. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
10. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)