|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) On his windowsill.
(c) On top of his dresser.
(d) In his desk drawer.
2. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) That the mayor is chasing him.
(b) That he's found the stone marked with a letter.
(c) That they have to leave immediately.
(d) That he's found a room with a lot of food.
3. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he was greedy and wicked.
(b) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(c) That he was always angry.
(d) That he wanted what was best for the people.
4. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
(a) Clocks and phones.
(b) Radios and televisions.
(c) Extra clothing and soap.
(d) Books and photographs.
5. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
(a) To tie herself to Doon.
(b) To carry her supplies.
(c) A leash for Poppy.
(d) To keep her pants up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is second-in-command after the mayor?
2. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
3. Where does Lina tell Mrs. Murdo she's going to do when Doon comes to get her?
4. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
5. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
2. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
3. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
4. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
5. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
6. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
7. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
8. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
9. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
10. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)