|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
(a) A map and boat paddles.
(b) Flashlights and flares.
(c) Candy bars and sodas.
(d) Candles and matches.
2. Which of the items does Lina say she'll accept from Lizzie and Looper?
(d) Colored paper.
3. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
(a) To hide people from an invading army.
(b) To punish those convicted of crimes.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) To be sure people don't disappear from the Earth.
4. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(b) Lina and Poppy.
(c) No one.
(d) A guard.
5. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Under a frying pan.
(b) In a bucket.
(c) Under a rock.
(d) Behind a panel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
2. What do Doon and Lina realize Looper is doing with the items he's taking from the storerooms?
3. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
4. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
5. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
2. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
3. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
4. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
5. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
6. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
7. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
8. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
9. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
10. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)