|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
(a) Mrs. Murdo's is neater.
(b) Mrs. Murdo's is on the third floor.
(c) Mrs. Murdo's is bigger.
(d) Mrs. Murdo's has three doors.
2. Who is the person Lina and Doon decide to leave a message for about leaving Ember?
(b) Mrs. Murdo.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Mr. Harrow.
3. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
(a) He touches it with his hands.
(b) He falls and finds it.
(c) Poppy picks it up.
(d) The notice shines in the candlelight.
4. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) No older than forty.
(b) At least twenty.
(c) At least sixty.
(d) Around thirty-five.
5. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(a) Lina and Poppy.
(b) A guard.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
2. Who is second-in-command after the mayor?
3. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
4. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
5. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)