|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doon leave the note for his father?
(a) On the ground near the school.
(b) At his father's shop.
(c) On the kiosk.
(d) On the door of the library.
2. What does Doon say they have to do about the mayor's secret room?
(a) Take pictures as proof.
(b) Tell Clary.
(c) Keep it a secret.
(d) Tell everyone.
3. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(b) She doesn't have a clue.
(c) Steering the boat.
(d) Holding on to other boats.
4. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
5. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) To punish those convicted of crimes.
(c) To hide people from an invading army.
(d) To be sure people don't disappear from the Earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
2. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
3. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
4. What is in the can the little boys pick up when Lizzie drops her sack?
5. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
2. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
3. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
4. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
5. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
6. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
7. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
8. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
9. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
10. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)