|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) At least sixty.
(b) At least twenty.
(c) No older than forty.
(d) Around thirty-five.
2. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
3. What does the sign say Lina and Doon have done wrong?
(a) Spread vicious rumors.
(b) Broken curfew.
(c) Stolen food.
(d) Broken into the Pipeworks.
4. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
(b) That she was taking Poppy to safety.
(c) That she would be careful.
(d) That she was staying at the greenhouse.
5. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
(a) Clocks and phones.
(b) Radios and televisions.
(c) Books and photographs.
(d) Extra clothing and soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
2. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
3. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
4. What does the writer say she's good at?
5. Who signed the notice Doon finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
2. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
3. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
4. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
5. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
6. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
7. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
8. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
9. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
10. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)