|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
(a) There's a commotion outside.
(b) The chief guard doesn't come.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) The mayor falls.
2. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(a) Lina and Poppy.
(c) No one.
(d) A guard.
3. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) He says he's not worried.
(b) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
(c) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(d) The mayor's thefts.
4. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a rosebud?
(b) What is a treetop?
(c) What is a jingle bell?
(d) What is a piggy?
5. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(b) Poppy's and Doon's.
(c) No one''s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lina spot Doon from her spot on the roof?
2. What does Lizzie say her boyfriend says about her hair?
3. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
4. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
5. Where does Lina tell Mrs. Murdo she's going to do when Doon comes to get her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
2. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
3. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
4. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
5. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
6. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
7. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
8. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
9. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
10. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)