|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a jingle bell?
(b) What is a treetop?
(c) What is a piggy?
(d) What is a rosebud?
2. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Try to keep from drowning.
(b) Save their people.
(c) Go on an adventure.
(d) Leave Ember forever.
3. Why does Lina say she isn't afraid?
(a) She doesn't know why.
(b) She's dreamed about this place.
(c) She's too tired to be afraid.
(d) Anything is better than Ember.
4. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
(a) Clocks and phones.
(b) Extra clothing and soap.
(c) Radios and televisions.
(d) Books and photographs.
5. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
(a) They are using their fifth.
(b) They are using their third.
(c) They are using their first.
(d) They lost count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
2. What does Mrs. Murdo have cooked for dinner when Lina gets home with the food from Lizzie?
3. What does Doon do with the candles remaining?
4. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
5. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
2. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
3. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
4. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
5. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
6. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
7. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
8. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
9. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
10. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)