|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
(a) Grabs her coat.
(b) Steps in front of her.
(c) Calls out to her.
(d) Throws a rock at her.
2. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(d) They all go at the same time.
3. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) Under a porch.
(c) In the school.
(d) Near the trash can enclosure.
4. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
(a) A map and boat paddles.
(b) Flashlights and flares.
(c) Candy bars and sodas.
(d) Candles and matches.
5. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) They are always off at noon on Saturday.
(b) To rest.
(c) To shop and do other errands.
(d) To rehearse singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
2. What color is the moth Doon watches hatch?
3. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
4. Where does Lizzie first say she got the cans of food?
5. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
2. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
3. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
4. What are the two choices Doon believes he has if Lina doesn't show up at the entrance to the Pipeworks as planned and which does he believe is the better of the two?
5. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
6. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
7. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
8. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
9. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
10. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)