|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) No older than forty.
(b) Around thirty-five.
(c) At least twenty.
(d) At least sixty.
2. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At the trash heaps.
(b) At the greenhouses.
(c) At a church.
(d) At the school.
3. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
(b) That she was staying at the greenhouse.
(c) That she would be careful.
(d) That she was taking Poppy to safety.
4. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Under a frying pan.
(b) In a bucket.
(c) Behind a panel.
(d) Under a rock.
5. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
(a) Because he is trying to not be seen.
(b) Because he's carrying a load of supplies.
(c) Because he's tired.
(d) Because his leg is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
2. How do Lina and Doon plan to tell everyone they've found a way out of Ember?
3. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
4. How do Doon, Lina, and Poppy clean their hands after eating the fruit?
5. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
2. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
3. How do Doon and Lina find the path that leads up from the river?
4. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
5. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
6. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
7. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
8. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
9. What are some of the things Doon packs to take on the journey out of Ember and what are some of the things he leaves behind?
10. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)