|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Murdo have cooked for dinner when Lina gets home with the food from Lizzie?
(a) Spaghetti with tomato sauce.
(b) Beet and bean stew.
(c) Green bean casserole.
(d) Pineapples and cake.
2. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
(a) A boat.
(b) A door.
(c) A man.
(d) A ladder.
3. What does Poppy do when Lina and Doon go to put the boat into the river?
(c) Falls asleep.
4. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
(a) A map and boat paddles.
(b) Flashlights and flares.
(c) Candy bars and sodas.
(d) Candles and matches.
5. Why does the writer of the last message say she is writing down what happens?
(a) She is bored.
(b) Someone might need to know.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) Someone told her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
2. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
3. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
4. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
5. What is in the can the little boys pick up when Lizzie drops her sack?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)