|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
(b) That she was staying at the greenhouse.
(c) That she would be careful.
(d) That she was taking Poppy to safety.
2. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
(a) Candles and matches.
(b) Candy bars and sodas.
(c) Flashlights and flares.
(d) A map and boat paddles.
3. What day does "the last message" begin on?
4. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Behind a panel.
(b) Under a rock.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) Under a frying pan.
5. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
(a) There's a commotion outside.
(b) The chief guard doesn't come.
(c) The mayor falls.
(d) The lights go out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lina go into the library?
2. What color is the moth Doon watches hatch?
3. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
4. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
5. What time does Doon head to the Pipeworks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
2. What does the writer say is the reason for building Ember?
3. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
4. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
5. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
6. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
7. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
8. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
9. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
10. What are some of the things that frighten Lina as they begin their trip down the river?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)