|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
(a) About a whole day.
(b) About three hours.
(c) About twenty minutes.
(d) She doesn't know.
2. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
(a) That her bean has sprouted.
(b) That Poppy isn't there.
(c) That the note is missing.
(d) That it is very clean.
3. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
(a) Stanley and Francis.
(b) Star and Forest.
(c) Moon and Beam.
(d) Moon and Sun.
4. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
5. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(b) Lina and Poppy.
(c) No one.
(d) A guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lina go into the library?
2. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
3. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
4. What does Doon do with the candles remaining?
5. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
2. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
3. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
4. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
5. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
6. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
7. Why does the writer say the adults have to cut all ties with their families and take no books or photographs, and why are there so many babies?
8. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
9. How does Lina get away from the mayor and the guards once she's in the mayor's office?
10. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)