|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a rosebud?
(b) What is a treetop?
(c) What is a piggy?
(d) What is a jingle bell?
2. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
(a) Candy bars and sodas.
(b) Candles and matches.
(c) Flashlights and flares.
(d) A map and boat paddles.
3. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(c) They all go at the same time.
4. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
5. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) Near the trash can enclosure.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) In the school.
(d) Under a porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
2. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
3. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
4. What time does Doon head to the Pipeworks?
5. Where does Lizzie first say she got the cans of food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
2. What are the two choices Doon believes he has if Lina doesn't show up at the entrance to the Pipeworks as planned and which does he believe is the better of the two?
3. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
4. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
5. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
6. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the matches work?
7. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
8. Why doesn't Doon tell his father he found the way out of Ember?
9. What is the message from the notice on the wall at the beginning of the path?
10. How does Lina get Poppy down to the ledge where the boats are and why is she certain she can make it?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)