|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while the people are singing "Song of the Darkness"?
(a) The lights go off again.
(b) The guards push through the crowd, looking for Lina.
(c) The mayor interrupts, telling everyone to look for Lina.
(d) Lina leaves Ember.
2. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(a) No one''s.
(c) Poppy's and Doon's.
3. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
(a) Star and Forest.
(b) Moon and Beam.
(c) Moon and Sun.
(d) Stanley and Francis.
4. Why does the writer of the last message say she is writing down what happens?
(a) Someone might need to know.
(b) Someone told her to.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She doesn't say.
5. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(b) They all go at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
2. How do Lina and Doon plan to tell everyone they've found a way out of Ember?
3. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
4. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
5. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
2. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
3. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
4. Describe the room Mrs. Murdo says Lina can share with Poppy.
5. What are some of the things Doon packs to take on the journey out of Ember and what are some of the things he leaves behind?
6. How do Doon and Lina get the boat into the water and what happens as they are performing this task?
7. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
8. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
9. What are the two choices Doon believes he has if Lina doesn't show up at the entrance to the Pipeworks as planned and which does he believe is the better of the two?
10. How do Doon and Lina figure out how the candles work?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)