|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina realize Looper is doing with the items he's taking from the storerooms?
(a) Giving it all to the mayor and his guards.
(b) Selling all of it.
(c) Giving it to the older people who are most needy.
(d) Selling some and giving some to Lizzie.
2. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(a) Poppy's and Doon's.
(d) No one''s.
3. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A bird.
(c) A child.
(d) A bug.
4. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
5. Where does Doon leave the note for his father?
(a) At his father's shop.
(b) On the kiosk.
(c) On the door of the library.
(d) On the ground near the school.
6. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
(a) They've always known what a boat is.
(b) It's written on the instructions.
(c) Doon has seen one in a book.
(d) It's written on the side.
7. Which of the items does Lina say she'll accept from Lizzie and Looper?
(d) Colored paper.
8. Who is the person Lina and Doon decide to leave a message for about leaving Ember?
(a) Mr. Harrow.
(b) Mrs. Murdo.
(c) The mayor.
9. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Save their people.
(b) Leave Ember forever.
(c) Go on an adventure.
(d) Try to keep from drowning.
10. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
11. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To Lina's house.
(b) To his father's shop.
(c) To the trash heaps.
(d) To Clary's greenhouse.
12. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
(a) A pillowcase.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A paper bag.
13. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
(a) Being slammed into rocks.
(b) Going so fast in the dark.
(c) Being wet.
(d) Not knowing where they're going.
14. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
(a) There's a commotion outside.
(b) The mayor falls.
(c) The chief guard doesn't come.
(d) The lights go out.
15. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(a) Keeper of the animals.
(d) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poppy find and almost chew on?
2. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
3. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
4. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
5. How do Lina and Doon plan to tell everyone they've found a way out of Ember?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)