|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
(a) The guards rush out of the building.
(b) Lina falls.
(c) The singing begins.
(d) The lights come on.
2. What do Doon and Lina do while they eat the last of the food Doon has?
(a) Read the book Poppy found.
(b) Try to figure out what to do next.
(c) Look for a place to rest.
(d) Try to decide how to get a message to Ember.
3. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(a) They all go at the same time.
4. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
(a) Search for another way in to Ember.
(b) Sleep and eat.
(c) Look for a city or some people.
5. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Under a rock.
(b) Behind a panel.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) Under a frying pan.
6. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
(a) They can smell it.
(b) They recognize it from a book in the library.
(c) They see a creature eating it.
(d) They sit under a tree and a piece of the fruit falls on Doon.
7. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
(a) When the mayor calls out.
(b) When five minutes have passed.
(c) When the clock strikes four.
(d) When the mayor rings the bell.
8. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) That he's found a room with a lot of food.
(b) That he's found the stone marked with a letter.
(c) That they have to leave immediately.
(d) That the mayor is chasing him.
9. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(a) She doesn't have a clue.
(c) Steering the boat.
(d) Holding on to other boats.
10. Where does Doon leave the note for his father?
(a) On the ground near the school.
(b) On the kiosk.
(c) At his father's shop.
(d) On the door of the library.
11. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On his windowsill.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In his desk drawer.
(d) On top of his dresser.
12. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
(b) He says he's not worried.
(c) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(d) The mayor's thefts.
13. What does Poppy do when Lina and Doon go to put the boat into the river?
(d) Falls asleep.
14. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(b) Lina and Poppy.
(c) A guard.
(d) No one.
15. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he wanted what was best for the people.
(b) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(c) That he was always angry.
(d) That he was greedy and wicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon say they have to do about the mayor's secret room?
2. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
3. What does Lizzie say her boyfriend says about her hair?
4. What does the writer say she's good at?
5. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)