|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To the trash heaps.
(b) To his father's shop.
(c) To Lina's house.
(d) To Clary's greenhouse.
2. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(a) To Lina's house.
(c) To work.
(d) To Clary's greenhouse.
3. How do Doon, Lina, and Poppy clean their hands after eating the fruit?
(a) They lick them.
(b) They wipe them on the grass.
(c) They find a stream.
(d) They use Doon's bottle of water.
4. What does the sign say Lina and Doon have done wrong?
(a) Spread vicious rumors.
(b) Broken curfew.
(c) Broken into the Pipeworks.
(d) Stolen food.
5. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
(a) To punish those convicted of crimes.
(b) To be sure people don't disappear from the Earth.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) To hide people from an invading army.
6. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) Near the trash can enclosure.
(c) Under a porch.
(d) In the school.
7. Why does Lina say she isn't afraid?
(a) She's dreamed about this place.
(b) She doesn't know why.
(c) Anything is better than Ember.
(d) She's too tired to be afraid.
8. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(b) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
(c) Keeper of the animals.
9. What is Lina carrying when she joins Doon at the entrance of the Pipeworks?
10. What color is the moth Doon watches hatch?
11. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
(a) A bug.
(b) A child.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A bird.
12. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(b) That he wanted what was best for the people.
(c) That he was always angry.
(d) That he was greedy and wicked.
13. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(a) No one.
(b) Lina and Poppy.
(c) A guard.
14. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
15. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Singing day.
(d) Peaches day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
2. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
3. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
4. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
5. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)