|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lina tell Mrs. Murdo she's going to do when Doon comes to get her?
(a) Find a way out of Ember.
(b) Expose the mayor for a crook.
(c) Some emergency work.
(d) Hide from the guards.
2. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
(d) They all go at the same time.
3. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) They are always off at noon on Saturday.
(b) To rest.
(c) To rehearse singing.
(d) To shop and do other errands.
4. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(a) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
(c) Keeper of the animals.
5. What color is the moth Doon watches hatch?
6. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
(a) That her bean has sprouted.
(b) That the note is missing.
(c) That it is very clean.
(d) That Poppy isn't there.
7. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
(a) A leash for Poppy.
(b) To keep her pants up.
(c) To tie herself to Doon.
(d) To carry her supplies.
8. Which of the items does Lina say she'll accept from Lizzie and Looper?
(c) Colored paper.
9. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
(a) About a whole day.
(b) About three hours.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) About twenty minutes.
10. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
(b) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(c) That people are staying home.
(d) That people have found many cans of food.
11. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Try to keep from drowning.
(b) Save their people.
(c) Go on an adventure.
(d) Leave Ember forever.
12. Who finds the note Doon and Lina drop down to Ember?
(a) Mr. Harrow.
(b) The mayor.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
13. What does the sign say Lina and Doon have done wrong?
(a) Broken curfew.
(b) Spread vicious rumors.
(c) Broken into the Pipeworks.
(d) Stolen food.
14. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
(b) He says he's not worried.
(c) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(d) The mayor's thefts.
15. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
2. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
3. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
4. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
5. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)