|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a piggy?
(b) What is a treetop?
(c) What is a jingle bell?
(d) What is a rosebud?
2. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
(a) Rain boots.
(b) His jacket.
(c) A knife.
(d) A box of matches.
3. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
(a) It's written on the side.
(b) They've always known what a boat is.
(c) Doon has seen one in a book.
(d) It's written on the instructions.
4. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(a) A guard.
(b) Lina and Poppy.
(c) No one.
5. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(c) Poppy's and Doon's.
(d) No one''s.
6. Where does Lizzie first say she got the cans of food?
(a) From a secret stash in the mayor's office.
(b) From Granny's shop.
(c) From a back shelf in the market.
(d) From Doon.
7. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
(b) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(c) That people have found many cans of food.
(d) That people are staying home.
8. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
(a) They are using their third.
(b) They are using their fifth.
(c) They are using their first.
(d) They lost count.
9. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
10. What do Doon and Lina realize Looper is doing with the items he's taking from the storerooms?
(a) Giving it to the older people who are most needy.
(b) Selling some and giving some to Lizzie.
(c) Selling all of it.
(d) Giving it all to the mayor and his guards.
11. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) In the school.
(c) Under a porch.
(d) Near the trash can enclosure.
12. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(a) Holding on to other boats.
(c) She doesn't have a clue.
(d) Steering the boat.
13. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he was greedy and wicked.
(b) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(c) That he wanted what was best for the people.
(d) That he was always angry.
14. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A pillowcase.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A paper bag.
15. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) That they have to leave immediately.
(b) That he's found a room with a lot of food.
(c) That the mayor is chasing him.
(d) That he's found the stone marked with a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
2. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
3. How are Doon and Lina supposed to get the boat into the water?
4. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
5. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)