|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
(a) Sleep and eat.
(c) Look for a city or some people.
(d) Search for another way in to Ember.
2. Who signed the notice Doon finds?
(a) No one.
(b) The first mayor of Ember.
(c) Janelle Harrow, Doon's great-great-grandmother.
(d) The Builders.
3. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
(a) To hide people from an invading army.
(b) To be sure people don't disappear from the Earth.
(c) To punish those convicted of crimes.
(d) She doesn't say.
4. What do Doon and Lina do while they eat the last of the food Doon has?
(a) Try to figure out what to do next.
(b) Read the book Poppy found.
(c) Try to decide how to get a message to Ember.
(d) Look for a place to rest.
5. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To the trash heaps.
(b) To Clary's greenhouse.
(c) To his father's shop.
(d) To Lina's house.
6. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
7. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
(a) Extra clothing and soap.
(b) Clocks and phones.
(c) Books and photographs.
(d) Radios and televisions.
8. What is in the can the little boys pick up when Lizzie drops her sack?
(a) Pork and beans.
(c) Tomato soup.
(d) Fruit cocktail.
9. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) Near the trash can enclosure.
(c) In the school.
(d) Under a porch.
10. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
11. What does Lizzie say her boyfriend says about her hair?
(a) That she looks like Raggedy Ann.
(b) That it looks like a tomato.
(c) That she looks like a movie star.
(d) That it's her only good feature.
12. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
13. Where does Lina tell Mrs. Murdo she's going to do when Doon comes to get her?
(a) Some emergency work.
(b) Expose the mayor for a crook.
(c) Find a way out of Ember.
(d) Hide from the guards.
14. What day does "the last message" begin on?
15. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(b) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
(c) That people have found many cans of food.
(d) That people are staying home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say she's good at?
2. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
3. What does Doon say they have to do about the mayor's secret room?
4. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
5. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)