|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lina say she isn't afraid?
(a) She doesn't know why.
(b) Anything is better than Ember.
(c) She's too tired to be afraid.
(d) She's dreamed about this place.
2. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
3. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Under a rock.
(b) Under a frying pan.
(c) In a bucket.
(d) Behind a panel.
4. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
(a) A bird.
(b) A child.
(c) A bug.
(d) An airplane.
5. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
(a) Moon and Beam.
(b) Star and Forest.
(c) Stanley and Francis.
(d) Moon and Sun.
6. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he was always angry.
(b) That he was greedy and wicked.
(c) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(d) That he wanted what was best for the people.
7. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
8. What day does "the last message" begin on?
9. What do Doon and Lina do while they eat the last of the food Doon has?
(a) Look for a place to rest.
(b) Try to figure out what to do next.
(c) Read the book Poppy found.
(d) Try to decide how to get a message to Ember.
10. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(b) To Lina's house.
(c) To Clary's greenhouse.
(d) To work.
11. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) To shop and do other errands.
(b) They are always off at noon on Saturday.
(c) To rehearse singing.
(d) To rest.
12. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
13. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On his windowsill.
(b) On top of his dresser.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his desk drawer.
14. What is in each of the boats Doon and Lina find in the second room?
(a) Two boxes and two paddles.
(b) Eight boxes and some long poles.
(c) A long rope and a box of candles.
(d) A small motor and a can of gasoline.
15. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
(a) In the frame of the boat.
(b) On top of the boxes.
(c) On the flat edge of the paddles.
(d) They each hold one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
2. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
3. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
4. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
5. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)