|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At the greenhouses.
(b) At the school.
(c) At a church.
(d) At the trash heaps.
2. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(a) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
(c) Keeper of the animals.
3. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
(a) What pineapple tastes like.
(b) How to get out of Ember.
(c) How hungry he is.
(d) His green worm.
4. How do Doon, Lina, and Poppy clean their hands after eating the fruit?
(a) They find a stream.
(b) They wipe them on the grass.
(c) They use Doon's bottle of water.
(d) They lick them.
5. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
(a) When the clock strikes four.
(b) When five minutes have passed.
(c) When the mayor calls out.
(d) When the mayor rings the bell.
6. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
(a) Poppy picks it up.
(b) He touches it with his hands.
(c) He falls and finds it.
(d) The notice shines in the candlelight.
7. Who is second-in-command after the mayor?
(b) The chief guard.
(c) Mr. Harrow.
(d) No one.
8. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
9. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A pillowcase.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A paper bag.
10. Who finds the note Doon and Lina drop down to Ember?
(b) The mayor.
(c) Mr. Harrow.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
11. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
(a) That he wants the glory of finding a way out.
(b) That he can find the way out of Ember.
(c) That he's her best friend.
(d) That he isn't going to try to find a way out.
12. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(a) To Clary's greenhouse.
(b) To work.
(d) To Lina's house.
13. Who signed the notice Doon finds?
(a) The first mayor of Ember.
(b) The Builders.
(c) No one.
(d) Janelle Harrow, Doon's great-great-grandmother.
14. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a treetop?
(b) What is a piggy?
(c) What is a rosebud?
(d) What is a jingle bell?
15. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(a) Steering the boat.
(b) She doesn't have a clue.
(c) Holding on to other boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon do with the candles remaining?
2. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
3. What day does "the last message" begin on?
4. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
5. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)