|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
(a) How to get out of Ember.
(b) His green worm.
(c) What pineapple tastes like.
(d) How hungry he is.
2. What does Doon do with the candles remaining?
(a) Leaves them in the boat.
(b) Has Lina carry them.
(c) Puts them in his bag.
(d) Lights them on the rock near the boat.
3. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) Around thirty-five.
(b) At least twenty.
(c) At least sixty.
(d) No older than forty.
4. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
(a) Because he can arrest the mayor.
(b) So he can help gather the food for the people.
(c) Because the guard will be the next mayor.
(d) Doon trusts him.
5. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
(a) Because his leg is injured.
(b) Because he is trying to not be seen.
(c) Because he's carrying a load of supplies.
(d) Because he's tired.
6. What does Lina realize she has in her pocket?
(a) A box of matches.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) The note for Clary.
(d) The key to the boat room.
7. What does Poppy do when Lina and Doon go to put the boat into the river?
(b) Falls asleep.
8. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
(a) They are using their third.
(b) They are using their first.
(c) They are using their fifth.
(d) They lost count.
9. Why does the writer of the last message say she is writing down what happens?
(a) Someone told her to.
(b) She is bored.
(c) Someone might need to know.
(d) She doesn't say.
10. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Peaches day.
(d) Singing day.
11. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
(a) That she would be careful.
(c) That she was taking Poppy to safety.
(d) That she was staying at the greenhouse.
12. What do Doon and Lina do while they eat the last of the food Doon has?
(a) Look for a place to rest.
(b) Read the book Poppy found.
(c) Try to decide how to get a message to Ember.
(d) Try to figure out what to do next.
13. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) To shop and do other errands.
(b) To rehearse singing.
(c) To rest.
(d) They are always off at noon on Saturday.
14. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
(a) Under a rock.
(b) In a bucket.
(c) Under a frying pan.
(d) Behind a panel.
15. How are Doon and Lina supposed to get the boat into the water?
(a) Lower it with ropes.
(b) Wait for the river to rise.
(c) Drop it over the ledge.
(d) They can't figure it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
2. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
3. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
4. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
5. Why does Lina say she isn't afraid?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)