|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lina carrying when she joins Doon at the entrance of the Pipeworks?
2. What does Lina realize she has in her pocket?
(a) The note for Clary.
(b) A box of matches.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) The key to the boat room.
3. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(c) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
(d) Keeper of the animals.
4. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(a) No one''s.
(d) Poppy's and Doon's.
5. Where does Lizzie first say she got the cans of food?
(a) From Granny's shop.
(b) From a back shelf in the market.
(c) From a secret stash in the mayor's office.
(d) From Doon.
6. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
(a) Sleep and eat.
(b) Look for a city or some people.
(d) Search for another way in to Ember.
7. How many candles do Doon and Lina use before they reach the end of the underground path?
(a) They are using their fifth.
(b) They are using their third.
(c) They are using their first.
(d) They lost count.
8. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(a) To work.
(b) To Lina's house.
(d) To Clary's greenhouse.
9. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(a) Holding on to other boats.
(b) She doesn't have a clue.
(c) Steering the boat.
10. What does Doon use to carry all the items he plans to take with him?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A pillowcase.
11. Who is the person Lina and Doon decide to leave a message for about leaving Ember?
(a) Mrs. Murdo.
(b) The mayor.
(d) Mr. Harrow.
12. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
(a) Lina falls.
(b) The guards rush out of the building.
(c) The singing begins.
(d) The lights come on.
13. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) Near the trash can enclosure.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) Under a porch.
(d) In the school.
14. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he wanted what was best for the people.
(b) That he was always angry.
(c) That he was greedy and wicked.
(d) That he was foolish but not wicked.
15. What does Doon say they have to do about the mayor's secret room?
(a) Tell everyone.
(b) Keep it a secret.
(c) Take pictures as proof.
(d) Tell Clary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
2. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
3. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
4. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
5. Who is the first to get into the boat once it's in the river?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)