|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(b) The mayor's thefts.
(c) He says he's not worried.
(d) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
2. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) Around thirty-five.
(b) At least sixty.
(c) No older than forty.
(d) At least twenty.
3. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To the trash heaps.
(b) To Lina's house.
(c) To Clary's greenhouse.
(d) To his father's shop.
4. Why doesn't Lina go into the library?
(a) She sees a better option.
(b) The door is locked.
(c) The guards catch her before she can reach it.
(d) She does go into the library.
5. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
6. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a rosebud?
(b) What is a jingle bell?
(c) What is a piggy?
(d) What is a treetop?
7. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
(a) Because he's carrying a load of supplies.
(b) Because he's tired.
(c) Because he is trying to not be seen.
(d) Because his leg is injured.
8. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(b) That people are staying home.
(c) That people have found many cans of food.
(d) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
9. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
10. What does Lizzie say her boyfriend says about her hair?
(a) That she looks like a movie star.
(b) That she looks like Raggedy Ann.
(c) That it looks like a tomato.
(d) That it's her only good feature.
11. What happens to give Lina a head start on her escape plan?
(a) The lights go out.
(b) There's a commotion outside.
(c) The mayor falls.
(d) The chief guard doesn't come.
12. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the trash heaps.
(c) At the greenhouses.
(d) At the school.
13. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) That he's found a room with a lot of food.
(b) That the mayor is chasing him.
(c) That they have to leave immediately.
(d) That he's found the stone marked with a letter.
14. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(a) Keeper of the animals.
(d) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
15. Who signed the notice Doon finds?
(a) No one.
(b) Janelle Harrow, Doon's great-great-grandmother.
(c) The Builders.
(d) The first mayor of Ember.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
2. What are the two items Doon and Lina find in the boxes that they don't understand?
3. Who finds the note Doon and Lina drop down to Ember?
4. What does Lina think the columns of rocks resemble?
5. Where do Doon and Lina find the key to the door?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)