|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is second-in-command after the mayor?
(a) The chief guard.
(b) Mr. Harrow.
(d) No one.
2. What does Lina believe the paddles are for?
(a) Steering the boat.
(b) She doesn't have a clue.
(c) Holding on to other boats.
3. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At the greenhouses.
(b) At the school.
(c) At a church.
(d) At the trash heaps.
4. Why does Lina say she isn't afraid?
(a) She doesn't know why.
(b) Anything is better than Ember.
(c) She's too tired to be afraid.
(d) She's dreamed about this place.
5. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) Peaches day.
(d) Singing day.
6. How do Doon, Lina, and Poppy clean their hands after eating the fruit?
(a) They wipe them on the grass.
(b) They use Doon's bottle of water.
(c) They lick them.
(d) They find a stream.
7. How does Doon find the notice on the wall?
(a) The notice shines in the candlelight.
(b) Poppy picks it up.
(c) He falls and finds it.
(d) He touches it with his hands.
8. Where does Lina tell Mrs. Murdo she's going to do when Doon comes to get her?
(a) Hide from the guards.
(b) Find a way out of Ember.
(c) Expose the mayor for a crook.
(d) Some emergency work.
9. How do Doon and Lina discover the fruit that's good to eat?
(a) They see a creature eating it.
(b) They recognize it from a book in the library.
(c) They can smell it.
(d) They sit under a tree and a piece of the fruit falls on Doon.
10. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
(a) To keep her pants up.
(b) To tie herself to Doon.
(c) A leash for Poppy.
(d) To carry her supplies.
11. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) Under a porch.
(b) Near the trash can enclosure.
(c) In the school.
(d) At the greenhouse.
12. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
(b) No one''s.
(c) Poppy's and Doon's.
13. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
(a) That she shouldn't cry.
(b) That they're almost there.
(c) That they can't go back.
(d) That they'll have a new home.
14. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) On his windowsill.
(d) On top of his dresser.
15. What is the first thing Lina wants to do once they figure out how to light a candle?
(a) Show Doon's father and Clary.
(b) Go down the river.
(c) Explore the room.
(d) Go into the Unknown Regions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
2. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
3. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
4. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
5. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)