|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
(a) A knife.
(b) Rain boots.
(c) A box of matches.
(d) His jacket.
2. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
(a) In the frame of the boat.
(b) They each hold one.
(c) On the flat edge of the paddles.
(d) On top of the boxes.
3. Who was at the entrance to the Pipeworks when Doon reaches it?
(b) No one.
(c) Lina and Poppy.
(d) A guard.
4. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
(a) That he was foolish but not wicked.
(b) That he was greedy and wicked.
(c) That he was always angry.
(d) That he wanted what was best for the people.
5. What does the writer say she and her "mate" have named their two children?
(a) Moon and Sun.
(b) Moon and Beam.
(c) Stanley and Francis.
(d) Star and Forest.
6. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
7. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(c) Keeper of the animals.
(d) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
8. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
(a) A child.
(b) A bug.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A bird.
9. What are the two things the writer of the last message say she wasn't allowed to bring?
(a) Radios and televisions.
(b) Clocks and phones.
(c) Extra clothing and soap.
(d) Books and photographs.
10. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
(a) About twenty minutes.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) About a whole day.
(d) About three hours.
11. What is Lina carrying when she joins Doon at the entrance of the Pipeworks?
12. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) On top of his dresser.
(c) On his windowsill.
(d) Under his bed.
13. Who is the person Lina and Doon decide to leave a message for about leaving Ember?
(b) Mr. Harrow.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
14. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Save their people.
(b) Go on an adventure.
(c) Try to keep from drowning.
(d) Leave Ember forever.
15. Where does Doon go after he and Lina leave the chief guard?
(b) To work.
(c) To Clary's greenhouse.
(d) To Lina's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina say she told Mrs. Murdo when she took Poppy?
2. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
4. What is the first thing Lina wants to do once they figure out how to light a candle?
5. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)