|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
2. What does Lina realize she has in her pocket?
(a) The key to the boat room.
(b) A box of matches.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) The note for Clary.
3. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
(a) When the mayor calls out.
(b) When the clock strikes four.
(c) When the mayor rings the bell.
(d) When five minutes have passed.
4. What is in each of the boats Doon and Lina find in the second room?
(a) Eight boxes and some long poles.
(b) Two boxes and two paddles.
(c) A long rope and a box of candles.
(d) A small motor and a can of gasoline.
5. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) Under a porch.
(b) In the school.
(c) Near the trash can enclosure.
(d) At the greenhouse.
6. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
(a) About three hours.
(b) About a whole day.
(c) About twenty minutes.
(d) She doesn't know.
7. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
(c) Keeper of the Pipeworks.
(d) Keeper of the animals.
8. Why is Looper walking more slowly after he's been in the storerooms?
(a) Because he's carrying a load of supplies.
(b) Because he's tired.
(c) Because his leg is injured.
(d) Because he is trying to not be seen.
9. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
10. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On his windowsill.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In his desk drawer.
(d) On top of his dresser.
11. What does the sign say Lina and Doon have done wrong?
(a) Stolen food.
(b) Broken into the Pipeworks.
(c) Spread vicious rumors.
(d) Broken curfew.
12. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
(a) Mrs. Murdo's is neater.
(b) Mrs. Murdo's is bigger.
(c) Mrs. Murdo's has three doors.
(d) Mrs. Murdo's is on the third floor.
13. Where does Doon leave the note for his father?
(a) On the kiosk.
(b) On the door of the library.
(c) On the ground near the school.
(d) At his father's shop.
14. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
(a) Not knowing where they're going.
(b) Being wet.
(c) Going so fast in the dark.
(d) Being slammed into rocks.
15. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) No older than forty.
(b) At least twenty.
(c) At least sixty.
(d) Around thirty-five.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lina and Doon plan to tell everyone they've found a way out of Ember?
2. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
3. What does the writer say is the purpose of the plan to create Ember?
4. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
5. How do Doon and Lina figure out the large object is a boat?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)