|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lina carrying when she joins Doon at the entrance of the Pipeworks?
2. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To his father's shop.
(b) To the trash heaps.
(c) To Clary's greenhouse.
(d) To Lina's house.
3. How old does the writer say all the adults are who are headed to Ember?
(a) At least sixty.
(b) Around thirty-five.
(c) No older than forty.
(d) At least twenty.
4. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
(a) Peaches day.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Singing day.
5. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
(a) To tie herself to Doon.
(b) To keep her pants up.
(c) A leash for Poppy.
(d) To carry her supplies.
6. What does Doon believe is causing the sound they can hear once they are out of the tunnel?
(a) A bug.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A child.
(d) A bird.
7. What does Doon do with the candles remaining?
(a) Puts them in his bag.
(b) Lights them on the rock near the boat.
(c) Leaves them in the boat.
(d) Has Lina carry them.
8. What do Doon and Lina do for most of the day after reading the book?
(a) Look for a city or some people.
(c) Sleep and eat.
(d) Search for another way in to Ember.
9. What is the question Lina asks Mrs. Murdo about the song Mrs. Murdo is singing to Poppy?
(a) What is a piggy?
(b) What is a jingle bell?
(c) What is a treetop?
(d) What is a rosebud?
10. Where do the children put the lighted candles once the boat slows?
(a) On the flat edge of the paddles.
(b) They each hold one.
(c) On top of the boxes.
(d) In the frame of the boat.
11. Where does Lizzie first say she got the cans of food?
(a) From a secret stash in the mayor's office.
(b) From Granny's shop.
(c) From Doon.
(d) From a back shelf in the market.
12. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
(a) Because the guard will be the next mayor.
(b) So he can help gather the food for the people.
(c) Doon trusts him.
(d) Because he can arrest the mayor.
13. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
(a) That he's found the stone marked with a letter.
(b) That they have to leave immediately.
(c) That the mayor is chasing him.
(d) That he's found a room with a lot of food.
14. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) He says he's not worried.
(b) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(c) The mayor's thefts.
(d) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
15. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On his windowsill.
(b) On top of his dresser.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his desk drawer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
2. What color is the blanket on the bed Mrs. Murdo says will be Lina's new room?
3. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
4. Who signed the notice Doon finds?
5. How are Doon and Lina supposed to get the boat into the water?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)