|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the seventh mayor die of?
(a) The book doesn't say.
(b) He fell and broke his neck.
(c) Radiation poisoning.
(d) Coughing sickness.
2. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the greenhouse.
(b) In the Supply Depot.
(c) In the Pipeworks.
(d) In the Generator Room.
3. Where does Doon live?
(a) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(b) In a house near the greenhouses.
(c) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(d) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
4. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) Lina's grandmother.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The chief of the guards.
(d) The timekeeper.
5. What is Arlin Froll's job?
(a) She's the head of the mayor's guards.
(b) She's an expert in the pipeworks.
(c) She's a very fast messenger.
(d) She's an expert electrician.
6. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about fungus.
(b) A book about family.
(c) A book about fire.
(d) A book about flying.
7. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
8. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) A dollar each.
(b) Three dollars each.
(c) Fifty cents each.
(d) Five dollars each.
9. What is Clary's job?
(b) Greenhouse manager.
(c) Sorehouse manager.
(d) Chief guard.
10. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
(b) Thrown it away.
(c) Chewed on it.
(d) Sat on it.
11. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) The Unknown Regions.
(b) Store rooms.
(c) A huge park for the children.
(d) The vegetable gardens.
12. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At Plummer Street.
(b) At the Vegetable Market.
(c) At Harken Square.
(d) At the greenhouse.
13. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) No one.
(c) The Builders.
(d) Others who escaped.
14. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(a) Mr. Murdo.
(d) She fixes them herself.
15. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A corn stalk.
(c) A drainpipe.
(d) A piece of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
2. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
3. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
4. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
5. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)