|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Electrician's helper.
(b) Pipeworks laborer.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
2. What is Arlin Froll's job?
(a) She's an expert electrician.
(b) She's the head of the mayor's guards.
(c) She's an expert in the pipeworks.
(d) She's a very fast messenger.
3. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) Others who escaped.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) The Builders.
(d) No one.
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(b) That she can jump a large hedge.
(c) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(d) That she can climb a lightpole.
5. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In the dump.
(c) In a locked desk drawer.
(d) In the warehouse.
6. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
(a) Learn to grow more food or find a key to the locked door.
(b) Do nothing or figure out how to make movable light.
(c) Ask the mayor for help or ask Lina for help.
(d) Fix the generator or find a way out.
7. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
8. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A clock shop.
(b) A small items shop.
(c) A vegetables shop.
(d) A yarn shop.
9. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Apple juice.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A blanket.
10. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about flying.
(b) A book about family.
(c) A book about fungus.
(d) A book about fire.
11. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) They don't know.
(b) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(c) They hear the key in the lock.
(d) They see him unlock it.
12. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
(a) Green and orange.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Yellow and purple.
(d) Red and blue.
13. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
(b) In a week.
14. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) I have found more food.
(b) There are no more lightbulbs.
(c) You are invited to dinner.
(d) Delivery at eight.
15. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) A dollar each.
(b) Three dollars each.
(c) Fifty cents each.
(d) Five dollars each.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clary's job?
2. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
3. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
4. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
5. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)