|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
(b) Searching through the closet for soemthing.
2. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(b) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(c) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(d) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
3. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's little sister.
(b) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(c) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(d) Lina's neice.
4. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) In the dump.
(b) In a locked desk drawer.
(c) At the back of a closet.
(d) In the warehouse.
5. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A soup can label.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A notebook page.
(d) A paper sack.
6. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(a) She fixes them herself.
(d) Mr. Murdo.
7. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(a) A baby.
(b) A blue sky.
8. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(c) Every day.
9. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
(a) A way to fix the generator.
(b) A recipe.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A way out of Ember.
10. What is Clary's job?
(a) Greenhouse manager.
(b) Chief guard.
(c) Sorehouse manager.
11. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(a) A way out of Ember.
(b) The river.
(c) Locks and clocks.
12. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
(a) Put in jail.
(b) Unintended consequences.
(c) A spanking.
13. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
(b) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(c) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
(d) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
14. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Get a drink of water.
(b) Sit on a bench and talk.
(c) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(d) Write down what they'd seen.
15. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
2. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
3. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
4. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
5. What is past the trash heaps?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)