|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can climb a lightpole.
(b) That she can jump a large hedge.
(c) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(d) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
2. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(d) Green beans.
3. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the Pipeworks.
(b) In the Generator Room.
(c) In the greenhouse.
(d) In the Supply Depot.
4. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
5. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Uses a megaphone.
(b) Stands on a roof.
(c) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(d) Yells really loudly.
6. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
7. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
(a) At work.
(b) At home.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At the store.
8. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
(a) Too many to count.
(c) Four in the past year.
9. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Apple juice.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A drink of water.
10. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Pipeworks laborer.
(b) Greenhouse assistant.
(c) Electrician's helper.
11. What time does Lizzie get off work?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
12. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Greenhouse apprentice.
(b) Electrician's helper.
(c) Supply Depot clerk.
13. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for forks.
(b) The report for lightbulbs.
(c) The report for children's shoes.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
14. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
15. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) Fifty cents each.
(b) Three dollars each.
(c) A dollar each.
(d) Five dollars each.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
2. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
3. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
4. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
5. What does Lina use to draw on?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)