|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(b) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(c) The writer says it's a large animal.
(d) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
2. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(a) Repair the generator.
(b) Look for a door.
(c) Find a boat.
3. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) I have found more food.
(b) Delivery at eight.
(c) You are invited to dinner.
(d) There are no more lightbulbs.
4. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
(a) Put in jail.
(c) A spanking.
(d) Unintended consequences.
5. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(b) Green beans.
6. What is it about the note that sparks Lina's curiosity?
(a) The fact that it was in the locked box.
(b) The printing.
(c) The fact that Granny was searching for it.
(d) The fact that some of it's missing.
7. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
(a) Green and orange.
(b) Yellow and purple.
(c) Red and blue.
(d) Blue and green.
8. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's little sister.
(b) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(c) Lina's neice.
(d) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
9. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A drainpipe.
(d) A corn stalk.
10. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for forks.
(b) The report for children's shoes.
(c) The report for lightbulbs.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
11. Where does Doon live?
(a) In a house near the greenhouses.
(b) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(c) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(d) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
12. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
(a) To the mayor's office.
(b) To a secret stash of food.
(c) To the Unknown Regions.
(d) Out of Ember.
13. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
14. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
15. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(b) It varies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
2. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
3. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
4. What is Doon doing when Lina first sees him in the library?
5. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)