|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
2. Where does Doon live?
(a) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(b) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(c) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
(d) In a house near the greenhouses.
3. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) A huge park for the children.
(b) Store rooms.
(c) The vegetable gardens.
(d) The Unknown Regions.
4. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Taking it to the Mayor.
(b) Taking it to Doon.
(c) Rewriting as much as she can.
(d) Sticking the pieces down.
5. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(b) She believes they need to build it.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She believes they'll travel down the river.
6. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Creatures of Ember.
(b) Crawling and Flying Things.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
(d) Doon's Book.
7. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He ran the yarn shop.
(c) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(d) He worked at the greenhouses.
8. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
(a) Ask the mayor for help or ask Lina for help.
(b) Do nothing or figure out how to make movable light.
(c) Learn to grow more food or find a key to the locked door.
(d) Fix the generator or find a way out.
9. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about fire.
(b) A book about family.
(c) A book about fungus.
(d) A book about flying.
10. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
(a) To a secret stash of food.
(b) To the Unknown Regions.
(c) Out of Ember.
(d) To the mayor's office.
11. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
12. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Mayfleet.
(b) Miss. Thorn.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Harrow.
13. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
(b) That Ember is underground.
(c) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(d) That God created the universe, including Ember.
14. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Alone in the apartment.
(b) Lost in the street.
(c) Alone in the shop.
(d) Asleep in Lina's bed.
15. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the Pipeworks.
(b) In the Generator Room.
(c) In the Supply Depot.
(d) In the greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
2. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
3. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
4. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
5. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)