|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) The generator.
(b) The river.
(c) Nothing because of the darkness.
(d) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
2. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(b) Sit on a bench and talk.
(c) Write down what they'd seen.
(d) Get a drink of water.
3. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
4. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The timekeeper.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) The chief of the guards.
5. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A paper sack.
(b) A soup can label.
(c) A notebook page.
(d) A piece of wood.
6. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Crawling and Flying Things.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Doon's Book.
(d) Creatures of Ember.
7. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
(a) A spanking.
(b) Put in jail.
(d) Unintended consequences.
8. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(a) A baby.
(b) A blue sky.
9. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
(a) A bowl of soup.
(b) A pan of water.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A bloody towel.
10. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Greenhouse apprentice.
(b) Supply Depot clerk.
(d) Electrician's helper.
11. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
(a) A way to fix the generator.
(b) A recipe.
(c) A way out of Ember.
(d) A love letter.
12. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the Generator Room.
(b) In the Pipeworks.
(c) In the greenhouse.
(d) In the Supply Depot.
13. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Red and brown.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Yellow and orange.
(d) Blue and green.
14. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
(b) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
(c) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(d) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
15. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(b) Another city.
(c) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(d) Something that could help the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
2. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
3. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
4. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
5. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)