|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(b) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
(c) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
(d) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
2. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A corn stalk.
(c) A drainpipe.
3. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
(a) An officials Pipeswork jacket.
(b) A vest with a safety harness to keep her from falling.
(c) A helmet with a light.
(d) A slicker and boots.
4. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
(a) Eating sandwiches for lunch.
(b) Trying to figure out how to fix the generator.
(c) Liking Lina.
(d) Collecting bugs.
5. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(a) Every day.
6. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the greenhouse.
(b) In the Supply Depot.
(c) In the Pipeworks.
(d) In the Generator Room.
7. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(b) The writer says it's a large animal.
(c) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
(d) The writer of the book doesn't know.
8. What kind of soup does Lina make for Granny?
(a) Spinach and onion.
(b) Chicken noodle.
9. What does Lina do with the message she writes to the mayor?
(a) Leaves it at the guard's desk.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Gives it to a guard.
(d) Gives it to the mayor.
10. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At the Vegetable Market.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At Plummer Street.
(d) At Harken Square.
11. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
(a) Caved In. No Entry.
(b) No Trespassing.
(c) Private property of the Mayor.
(d) No Exit.
12. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
(a) That he's handsome.
(b) That he's always by himself.
(c) That he's curious.
(d) That he doesn't interrupt her when she talks.
13. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Doon's Book.
(b) Crawling and Flying Things.
(c) Creatures of Ember.
(d) It doesn't have a name.
14. What is Clary's job?
(a) Greenhouse manager.
(c) Sorehouse manager.
(d) Chief guard.
15. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least twelve hundred years.
(c) At least a hundred years.
(d) At least five hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
2. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
3. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
4. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
5. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)