|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(a) Locks and clocks.
(b) The river.
(c) A way out of Ember.
2. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for canned pineapples.
(b) The report for children's shoes.
(c) The report for lightbulbs.
(d) The report for forks.
3. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
(b) In a week.
4. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(b) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(c) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
(d) The writer says it's a large animal.
5. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(c) A baby.
(d) A blue sky.
6. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
(a) That he's always by himself.
(b) That he's curious.
(c) That he's handsome.
(d) That he doesn't interrupt her when she talks.
7. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
(a) Chewed on it.
(b) Thrown it away.
(d) Sat on it.
8. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
9. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(b) Something that could help the people.
(c) Another city.
(d) A way to carry light into the darkness.
10. What color is Poppy's jacket?
11. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
(a) At home.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At work.
(d) At the store.
12. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) Others who escaped.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) No one.
(d) The Builders.
13. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the yarn shop.
(c) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
(d) In bed.
14. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
(a) A vest with a safety harness to keep her from falling.
(b) A helmet with a light.
(c) An officials Pipeswork jacket.
(d) A slicker and boots.
15. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the greenhouse.
(b) In the Generator Room.
(c) In the Supply Depot.
(d) In the Pipeworks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
2. What color is Doon's jacket?
3. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
4. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
5. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)