|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Doon's jacket?
2. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Crawling and Flying Things.
(b) Creatures of Ember.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
(d) Doon's Book.
3. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The constant earthquakes.
(b) Bitter cold.
(c) A warm breeze.
(d) The rumble of the river.
4. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A blanket.
5. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) The vegetable gardens.
(b) The Unknown Regions.
(c) A huge park for the children.
(d) Store rooms.
6. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about fungus.
(b) A book about family.
(c) A book about flying.
(d) A book about fire.
7. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A gold box.
(b) A cloth bag.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A wooden bowl.
8. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Red and brown.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Yellow and orange.
(d) Blue and green.
9. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(b) Pipeworks laborer.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Electrician's helper.
10. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Write down what they'd seen.
(b) Get a drink of water.
(c) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(d) Sit on a bench and talk.
11. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) No one.
(b) Others who escaped.
(c) The Builders.
(d) Their ancestors.
12. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
(a) In a week.
13. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(c) Green beans.
14. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
15. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Another city.
(c) Something that could help the people.
(d) A way to carry light into the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
2. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
3. Who is Poppy?
4. Who is Alis Fleery?
5. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)