|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
(b) The river.
(c) The generator.
(d) Nothing because of the darkness.
2. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) I have found more food.
(b) There are no more lightbulbs.
(c) You are invited to dinner.
(d) Delivery at eight.
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(c) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
4. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At the store.
(c) At work.
(d) At home.
5. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
(a) A bloody towel.
(b) A pan of water.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A bowl of soup.
6. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Pipeworks laborer.
(b) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Electrician's helper.
7. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
(a) Caved In. No Entry.
(b) No Trespassing.
(c) No Exit.
(d) Private property of the Mayor.
8. Where does Doon live?
(a) In a house near the greenhouses.
(b) In a tiny shack near one of the parks.
(c) In an apartment over his father's shop.
(d) In an apartment next to the mayor's office.
9. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In the dump.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) In a locked desk drawer.
10. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for children's shoes.
(b) The report for forks.
(c) The report for lightbulbs.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
11. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) They hear the key in the lock.
(b) They don't know.
(c) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(d) They see him unlock it.
12. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A drainpipe.
(b) A piece of wood.
(d) A corn stalk.
13. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
(b) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(c) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
(d) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
14. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) A huge park for the children.
(b) The vegetable gardens.
(c) Store rooms.
(d) The Unknown Regions.
15. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Taking it to Doon.
(b) Rewriting as much as she can.
(c) Taking it to the Mayor.
(d) Sticking the pieces down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
2. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
3. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
4. What color is Poppy's jacket?
5. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)