|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
2. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
(a) Salamander races.
(b) Climbing races.
(c) One mile races.
(d) Swimming races.
3. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
4. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(a) The river.
(b) Locks and clocks.
(c) A way out of Ember.
5. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Get a drink of water.
(b) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(c) Write down what they'd seen.
(d) Sit on a bench and talk.
6. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They work a later shift.
(b) They have a day off work.
(c) They work an earlier shift.
(d) They work a half day.
7. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
(a) Searching through the closet for soemthing.
8. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(b) He ran the yarn shop.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He worked at the greenhouses.
9. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least five hundred years.
(b) At least a hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least two hundred years.
10. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) I have found more food.
(b) There are no more lightbulbs.
(c) You are invited to dinner.
(d) Delivery at eight.
11. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) A warm breeze.
(b) The rumble of the river.
(c) The constant earthquakes.
(d) Bitter cold.
12. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She believes they'll travel down the river.
13. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A gold box.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A cloth bag.
14. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(b) They'll have fun scaring him.
(c) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
(d) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
15. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Apple juice.
(d) A drink of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
2. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
4. What is Doon doing when Lina first sees him in the library?
5. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)