|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
2. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Creatures of Ember.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Crawling and Flying Things.
(d) Doon's Book.
3. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A silver cup.
(b) A gold box.
(c) A cloth bag.
(d) A wooden bowl.
4. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
(a) No Exit.
(b) Caved In. No Entry.
(c) Private property of the Mayor.
(d) No Trespassing.
5. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for forks.
(b) The report for children's shoes.
(c) The report for lightbulbs.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
6. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
(a) One mile races.
(b) Salamander races.
(c) Climbing races.
(d) Swimming races.
7. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(b) It varies.
8. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Yellow and orange.
(c) Red and brown.
(d) Black and white.
9. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) Delivery at eight.
(b) I have found more food.
(c) There are no more lightbulbs.
(d) You are invited to dinner.
10. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Another city.
(b) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(c) Something that could help the people.
11. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
12. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They work an earlier shift.
(b) They have a day off work.
(c) They work a later shift.
(d) They work a half day.
13. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In a locked desk drawer.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) In the dump.
14. What is Arlin Froll's job?
(a) She's a very fast messenger.
(b) She's the head of the mayor's guards.
(c) She's an expert in the pipeworks.
(d) She's an expert electrician.
15. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soup does Lina make for Granny?
2. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
3. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
4. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
5. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)