Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) The river.
(b) Nothing because of the darkness.
(c) The generator.
(d) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
2. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The timekeeper.
(b) Lina's grandmother.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The chief of the guards.
3. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
(a) Salamander races.
(b) Climbing races.
(c) Swimming races.
(d) One mile races.
4. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's little sister.
(b) Lina's neice.
(c) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(d) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
5. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(b) Nammy Proggs.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
6. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(b) A way out of Ember.
(c) The river.
(d) Locks and clocks.
7. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) Fifty cents each.
(b) Five dollars each.
(c) Three dollars each.
(d) A dollar each.
8. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) The vegetable gardens.
(b) A huge park for the children.
(c) Store rooms.
(d) The Unknown Regions.
9. What is Doon's father's job?
(a) He runs the Small Items shop.
(b) He works on the generator.
(c) He keeps the town's clock running.
(d) He works for the mayor.
10. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
(a) A way to fix the generator.
(b) A way out of Ember.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A recipe.
11. What did the seventh mayor die of?
(a) Coughing sickness.
(b) Radiation poisoning.
(c) He fell and broke his neck.
(d) The book doesn't say.
12. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
13. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(b) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(c) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(d) That's where all the people hide their keys.
14. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Crawling and Flying Things.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Creatures of Ember.
(d) Doon's Book.
15. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(b) Repair the generator.
(c) Look for a door.
(d) Find a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Poppy's jacket?
2. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
3. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
4. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
5. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)