|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A notebook page.
(b) A paper sack.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A soup can label.
2. What color is Doon's jacket?
3. What time does Lizzie get off work?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
4. Who is Alis Fleery?
(a) Lina's grandmother.
(b) The chief messenger.
(c) Doon's mother.
(d) Lina's neighbor.
5. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) A hug.
(b) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
(c) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
(d) A message for Looper.
6. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
(a) Liking Lina.
(b) Collecting bugs.
(c) Eating sandwiches for lunch.
(d) Trying to figure out how to fix the generator.
7. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) In a locked desk drawer.
(b) In the dump.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) At the back of a closet.
8. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) Apple juice.
(d) A sandwich.
9. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(b) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(c) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(d) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
10. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
11. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) Others who escaped.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) The Builders.
(d) No one.
12. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A vegetables shop.
(b) A clock shop.
(c) A yarn shop.
(d) A small items shop.
13. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(b) A baby.
(d) A blue sky.
14. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(b) Pipeworks laborer.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Electrician's helper.
15. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Sticking the pieces down.
(b) Taking it to the Mayor.
(c) Rewriting as much as she can.
(d) Taking it to Doon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
2. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
3. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
4. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
5. What is Clary's job?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)