|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) A warm breeze.
(b) The constant earthquakes.
(c) Bitter cold.
(d) The rumble of the river.
2. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the yarn shop.
(d) In bed.
3. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(a) Every day.
4. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He ran the yarn shop.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a pipeworks laborer.
5. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A corn stalk.
(b) A drainpipe.
(d) A piece of wood.
6. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's little sister.
(b) Lina's neice.
(c) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(d) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
7. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least five hundred years.
(b) At least two hundred years.
(c) At least a hundred years.
(d) At least twelve hundred years.
8. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
9. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
10. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Sticking the pieces down.
(b) Taking it to the Mayor.
(c) Taking it to Doon.
(d) Rewriting as much as she can.
11. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Something that could help the people.
(b) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(c) Another city.
12. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(c) She fixes them herself.
(d) Mr. Murdo.
13. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Alone in the apartment.
(b) Alone in the shop.
(c) Lost in the street.
(d) Asleep in Lina's bed.
14. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) Store rooms.
(b) A huge park for the children.
(c) The vegetable gardens.
(d) The Unknown Regions.
15. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(b) They don't know.
(c) They see him unlock it.
(d) They hear the key in the lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
2. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
3. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
4. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
5. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)