|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
(a) A helmet with a light.
(b) A slicker and boots.
(c) A vest with a safety harness to keep her from falling.
(d) An officials Pipeswork jacket.
2. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
3. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
4. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
(a) Learn to grow more food or find a key to the locked door.
(b) Do nothing or figure out how to make movable light.
(c) Ask the mayor for help or ask Lina for help.
(d) Fix the generator or find a way out.
5. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(b) She believes they need to build it.
(c) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
6. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Doon's Book.
(b) Creatures of Ember.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
(d) Crawling and Flying Things.
7. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
(a) No Exit.
(b) No Trespassing.
(c) Private property of the Mayor.
(d) Caved In. No Entry.
8. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In the warehouse.
(c) In a locked desk drawer.
(d) In the dump.
9. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(b) She fixes them herself.
(c) Mr. Murdo.
10. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's neice.
(b) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(c) Lina's little sister.
(d) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
11. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) No one.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) The Builders.
(d) Others who escaped.
12. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
(c) Searching through the closet for soemthing.
13. What is on Lina's wall?
(a) Her drawings.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) A pot with a bean seed.
(d) Her books.
14. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(b) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
(c) They'll have fun scaring him.
(d) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
15. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
2. Where does Doon live?
3. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
4. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
5. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)