|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) Nothing because of the darkness.
(b) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
(c) The river.
(d) The generator.
2. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
(a) Trying to figure out how to fix the generator.
(b) Liking Lina.
(c) Collecting bugs.
(d) Eating sandwiches for lunch.
3. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(b) The writer says it's a large animal.
(c) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(d) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
4. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about family.
(b) A book about flying.
(c) A book about fire.
(d) A book about fungus.
5. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(b) Every day.
6. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Electrician's helper.
(c) Supply Depot clerk.
(d) Greenhouse apprentice.
7. Who is Alis Fleery?
(a) Lina's neighbor.
(b) The chief messenger.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) Doon's mother.
8. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
(a) A pan of water.
(b) A bowl of soup.
(c) A crying baby.
(d) A bloody towel.
9. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) Delivery at eight.
(b) You are invited to dinner.
(c) There are no more lightbulbs.
(d) I have found more food.
10. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
(b) That Ember is underground.
(c) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(d) That God created the universe, including Ember.
11. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a date.
(b) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(c) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(d) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
12. What color is Poppy's jacket?
13. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
(a) To the Unknown Regions.
(b) Out of Ember.
(c) To the mayor's office.
(d) To a secret stash of food.
14. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(b) Get a drink of water.
(c) Write down what they'd seen.
(d) Sit on a bench and talk.
15. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the greenhouse.
(b) In the Pipeworks.
(c) In the Generator Room.
(d) In the Supply Depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Believer's flute made of?
2. Where does Doon live?
3. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
4. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
5. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)