|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Poppy?
(a) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(b) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(c) Lina's neice.
(d) Lina's little sister.
2. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(a) It varies.
3. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) They don't know.
(b) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(c) They hear the key in the lock.
(d) They see him unlock it.
4. What does Lina figure out is the work on the document that ends with "orks"?
5. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
(d) Searching through the closet for soemthing.
6. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
(a) Collecting bugs.
(b) Trying to figure out how to fix the generator.
(c) Eating sandwiches for lunch.
(d) Liking Lina.
7. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) Apple juice.
8. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At Harken Square.
(b) At the Vegetable Market.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At Plummer Street.
9. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That God created the universe, including Ember.
(b) That Ember is underground.
(c) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(d) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
10. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) A warm breeze.
(b) The rumble of the river.
(c) Bitter cold.
(d) The constant earthquakes.
11. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(b) That he doesn't know.
(c) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(d) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
12. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(a) Locks and clocks.
(b) A way out of Ember.
(d) The river.
13. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A silver cup.
(b) A cloth bag.
(c) A gold box.
(d) A wooden bowl.
14. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A yarn shop.
(b) A vegetables shop.
(c) A clock shop.
(d) A small items shop.
15. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A way to fix the generator.
(c) A way out of Ember.
(d) A love letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
2. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
3. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
4. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
5. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)