|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(b) Sit on a bench and talk.
(c) Write down what they'd seen.
(d) Get a drink of water.
2. What time does Lizzie get off work?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
3. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(a) A baby.
(c) A blue sky.
4. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Alone in the shop.
(b) Alone in the apartment.
(c) Asleep in Lina's bed.
(d) Lost in the street.
5. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
(a) In a week.
6. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(b) Put them in a box with a date.
(c) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(d) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
7. What is on Lina's wall?
(a) Her drawings.
(b) A pot with a bean seed.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her books.
8. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
(a) A book about flying.
(b) A book about fire.
(c) A book about fungus.
(d) A book about family.
9. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
10. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Apple juice.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A sandwich.
11. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The timekeeper.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The chief of the guards.
(d) Lina's grandmother.
12. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can climb a lightpole.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(d) That she can jump a large hedge.
13. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Creatures of Ember.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Doon's Book.
(d) Crawling and Flying Things.
14. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Red and brown.
(c) Yellow and orange.
(d) Black and white.
15. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(b) Something that could help the people.
(c) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(d) Another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
2. What color is Doon's jacket?
3. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
4. What is Clary's job?
5. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)