|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
(b) A hug.
(c) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
(d) A message for Looper.
2. What time does Lizzie get off work?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
3. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(b) They don't know.
(c) They hear the key in the lock.
(d) They see him unlock it.
4. What does Lina do with the message she writes to the mayor?
(a) Gives it to the mayor.
(b) Throws it away.
(c) Gives it to a guard.
(d) Leaves it at the guard's desk.
5. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Pipeworks laborer.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Electrician's helper.
6. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A notebook page.
(c) A paper sack.
(d) A soup can label.
7. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A drainpipe.
(d) A corn stalk.
8. What is Clary's job?
(a) Greenhouse manager.
(c) Sorehouse manager.
(d) Chief guard.
9. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
(b) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
(c) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(d) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
10. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
(a) That he's always by himself.
(b) That he's curious.
(c) That he's handsome.
(d) That he doesn't interrupt her when she talks.
11. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Get a drink of water.
(b) Sit on a bench and talk.
(c) Write down what they'd seen.
(d) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
12. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(a) Repair the generator.
(c) Find a boat.
(d) Look for a door.
13. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(b) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(c) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(d) That's where all the people hide their keys.
14. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
(a) A spanking.
(c) Unintended consequences.
(d) Put in jail.
15. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
(a) In a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
2. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
3. What is on Lina's wall?
4. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
5. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)