|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On his windowsill.
(b) On top of his dresser.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his desk drawer.
2. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
3. What is it about the note that sparks Lina's curiosity?
(a) The printing.
(b) The fact that Granny was searching for it.
(c) The fact that it was in the locked box.
(d) The fact that some of it's missing.
4. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(b) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(c) Something that could help the people.
(d) Another city.
5. What does the sign say Lina and Doon have done wrong?
(a) Broken into the Pipeworks.
(b) Broken curfew.
(c) Stolen food.
(d) Spread vicious rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
2. What is Doon doing when Lina first sees him in the library?
3. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
4. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
5. What does Poppy do when Lina and Doon go to put the boat into the river?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)