|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) A message for Looper.
(b) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
(c) A hug.
(d) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
2. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(b) That he doesn't know.
(c) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
(d) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
3. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) In a locked desk drawer.
(b) At the back of a closet.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) In the dump.
4. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A clock shop.
(b) A small items shop.
(c) A yarn shop.
(d) A vegetables shop.
5. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
(a) That people believe the mayor is corrupt.
(b) That people are looking for a way out of Ember.
(c) That people are staying home.
(d) That people have found many cans of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
2. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
3. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
4. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
5. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)