|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(b) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(c) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(d) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
2. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(b) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(c) The writer says it's a large animal.
(d) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
3. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(b) The mayor's thefts.
(c) He says he's not worried.
(d) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
4. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
(a) Not knowing where they're going.
(b) Being slammed into rocks.
(c) Going so fast in the dark.
(d) Being wet.
5. How are Doon and Lina supposed to get the boat into the water?
(a) They can't figure it out.
(b) Drop it over the ledge.
(c) Wait for the river to rise.
(d) Lower it with ropes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
2. What does Lizzie say is in her sack?
3. Whose hand does Lina hold when they emerge from the tunnel?
4. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
5. What is the most common message Lina carries during the day in Chapter 12?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)