|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At Harken Square.
(c) At Plummer Street.
(d) At the Vegetable Market.
2. What is in each of the boats Doon and Lina find in the second room?
(a) A long rope and a box of candles.
(b) Two boxes and two paddles.
(c) A small motor and a can of gasoline.
(d) Eight boxes and some long poles.
3. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(b) The writer says it's a large animal.
(c) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(d) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
4. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
(a) How hungry he is.
(b) What pineapple tastes like.
(c) His green worm.
(d) How to get out of Ember.
5. What do Doon and Lina realize Looper is doing with the items he's taking from the storerooms?
(a) Selling all of it.
(b) Giving it all to the mayor and his guards.
(c) Selling some and giving some to Lizzie.
(d) Giving it to the older people who are most needy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
2. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
4. What does Doon grab from his room before going with Lina?
5. What does Clary say she remembers about the mayor when he was "first starting out?"
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)