|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(c) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(d) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
2. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
(a) Mrs. Murdo's is on the third floor.
(b) Mrs. Murdo's has three doors.
(c) Mrs. Murdo's is neater.
(d) Mrs. Murdo's is bigger.
3. What is in each of the boats Doon and Lina find in the second room?
(a) A small motor and a can of gasoline.
(b) Two boxes and two paddles.
(c) A long rope and a box of candles.
(d) Eight boxes and some long poles.
4. What is Clary's job?
(a) Greenhouse manager.
(b) Chief guard.
(d) Sorehouse manager.
5. Where does Doon keep the book he's written about bugs?
(a) On top of his dresser.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In his desk drawer.
(d) On his windowsill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
2. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
3. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
4. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
5. What does Lina say is her favorite day of the year?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)