|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(b) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(c) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(d) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
2. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
(a) That the note is missing.
(b) That Poppy isn't there.
(c) That it is very clean.
(d) That her bean has sprouted.
3. Where do Doon and Lina hide during the day?
(a) At the greenhouses.
(b) At a church.
(c) At the trash heaps.
(d) At the school.
4. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
(a) That he isn't going to try to find a way out.
(b) That he wants the glory of finding a way out.
(c) That he's her best friend.
(d) That he can find the way out of Ember.
5. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) The Builders.
(b) No one.
(c) Others who escaped.
(d) Their ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doon thinking about when he goes to check the door in the tunnel?
2. What color was the door Lina and Doon find once they are on the ledge?
3. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
4. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
5. What kind of soup does Lina make for Granny?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)