|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) You are invited to dinner.
(b) Delivery at eight.
(c) There are no more lightbulbs.
(d) I have found more food.
2. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At Plummer Street.
(b) At the Vegetable Market.
(c) At Harken Square.
(d) At the greenhouse.
3. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(b) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
(c) That he doesn't know.
(d) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
4. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) Five dollars each.
(b) Three dollars each.
(c) Fifty cents each.
(d) A dollar each.
5. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
(b) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(c) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
(d) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
2. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
3. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
4. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
5. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)