|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At Harken Square.
(b) At the Vegetable Market.
(c) At Plummer Street.
(d) At the greenhouse.
2. What color is Doon's jacket?
3. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(b) Write down what they'd seen.
(c) Sit on a bench and talk.
(d) Get a drink of water.
4. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(c) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(d) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
5. Who is Alis Fleery?
(a) The chief messenger.
(b) Lina's neighbor.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) Doon's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
2. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
4. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)