|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(b) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(c) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(d) Put them in a box with a date.
2. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for canned pineapples.
(b) The report for forks.
(c) The report for children's shoes.
(d) The report for lightbulbs.
3. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(b) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(c) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(d) That's where all the people hide their keys.
4. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Pipeworks laborer.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Electrician's helper.
5. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Sticking the pieces down.
(b) Taking it to the Mayor.
(c) Taking it to Doon.
(d) Rewriting as much as she can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
2. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
3. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
4. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
5. What color is Doon's jacket?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)