|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Lina's wall?
(a) Her drawings.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) A pot with a bean seed.
(d) Her books.
2. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
3. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They work an earlier shift.
(b) They have a day off work.
(c) They work a half day.
(d) They work a later shift.
4. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(b) Put them in a box with a date.
(c) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(d) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
5. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Sit on a bench and talk.
(b) Get a drink of water.
(c) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
(d) Write down what they'd seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
2. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
3. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
4. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
5. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)