|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) In a locked desk drawer.
(b) In the dump.
(c) In the warehouse.
(d) At the back of a closet.
2. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a date.
(b) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(c) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(d) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(c) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
4. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
(b) It varies.
5. Who is Poppy?
(a) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(b) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(c) Lina's neice.
(d) Lina's little sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clary's job?
2. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
4. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
5. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)