|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A silver cup.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A cloth bag.
(d) A gold box.
2. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He ran the yarn shop.
3. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The rumble of the river.
(b) A warm breeze.
(c) Bitter cold.
(d) The constant earthquakes.
4. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(b) Uses a megaphone.
(c) Stands on a roof.
(d) Yells really loudly.
5. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
(a) At home with Granny.
(b) At school.
(c) With Lina.
(d) With Mrs. Murdo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
2. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
3. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
4. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
5. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)