|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(b) She believes they need to build it.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She believes they'll travel down the river.
2. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Lina's grandmother.
(c) The timekeeper.
(d) The chief of the guards.
3. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
(a) With Mrs. Murdo.
(b) With Lina.
(c) At home with Granny.
(d) At school.
4. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Greenhouse apprentice.
(b) Supply Depot clerk.
(d) Electrician's helper.
5. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
(b) Chewed on it.
(c) Sat on it.
(d) Thrown it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sadge work?
2. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
3. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
4. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
5. What is Clary's job?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)