|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
(a) A dollar each.
(b) Five dollars each.
(c) Fifty cents each.
(d) Three dollars each.
2. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
(a) With Lina.
(b) At home with Granny.
(c) At school.
(d) With Mrs. Murdo.
3. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
(b) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
(c) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(d) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
4. Who is Poppy?
(a) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(b) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
(c) Lina's little sister.
(d) Lina's neice.
5. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
(a) That Ember is the only light in a dark world.
(b) That the Builders will someday return for their people.
(c) That God created the universe, including Ember.
(d) That Ember is underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is past the trash heaps?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
3. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
4. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)