|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(b) Electrician's helper.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Pipeworks laborer.
2. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(b) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
(c) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
(d) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
3. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
(b) A message for Looper.
(c) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
(d) A hug.
4. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
(c) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(d) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
5. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) Lina's grandmother.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The chief of the guards.
(d) The timekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
2. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
3. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)