|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She believes they need to build it.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
2. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The rumble of the river.
(b) The constant earthquakes.
(c) A warm breeze.
(d) Bitter cold.
3. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
(d) Searching through the closet for soemthing.
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can jump a large hedge.
(d) That she can climb a lightpole.
5. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Harrow.
(b) Miss Mayfleet.
(c) Miss. Thorn.
(d) Miss Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
2. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
3. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
4. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
5. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)