|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Lina's grandmother.
(c) The chief of the guards.
(d) The timekeeper.
2. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
(b) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
(c) That he doesn't know.
(d) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
3. What does Lina realize about Doon after she tells him about her Granny's death?
(a) That he can find the way out of Ember.
(b) That he's her best friend.
(c) That he wants the glory of finding a way out.
(d) That he isn't going to try to find a way out.
4. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A coat.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Colored pencils.
5. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
(a) Write down what they'd seen.
(b) Sit on a bench and talk.
(c) Get a drink of water.
(d) Tell Clary what they'd seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is past the trash heaps?
2. How does Lina get Lizzie to stop?
3. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
4. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
5. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)