|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least a hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least five hundred years.
2. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(a) Greenhouse assistant.
(c) Pipeworks laborer.
(d) Electrician's helper.
3. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(d) Every day.
4. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
(a) That he doesn't know.
(b) That it's too complicated for Doon to understand.
(c) That Doon shoud come watch it and try to understand for himself.
(d) He begins a complicated explanation that Doon doesn't understand.
5. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(a) She fixes them herself.
(d) Mr. Murdo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
2. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
3. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
4. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
5. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)