|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(b) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
(c) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(d) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
2. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Go on an adventure.
(b) Save their people.
(c) Leave Ember forever.
(d) Try to keep from drowning.
3. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A paper sack.
(c) A notebook page.
(d) A soup can label.
4. Why is everyone let off work at noon in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) To shop and do other errands.
(b) They are always off at noon on Saturday.
(c) To rest.
(d) To rehearse singing.
5. Where does Nammy Proggs tell a guard Doon has gone?
(a) To the trash heaps.
(b) To his father's shop.
(c) To Lina's house.
(d) To Clary's greenhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina say when Poppy says she wants to go home?
2. What is the first thing Doon says to Lina when he finds her in Chapter 14?
3. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
4. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
5. What does Lina believe is the most frightening part about the first moments of the ride down the river?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)