|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
(a) That he might find a way out of Ember.
(b) That he might not find a way out of Ember.
(c) He says he's not worried.
(d) The mayor's thefts.
2. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
(a) Do nothing or figure out how to make movable light.
(b) Ask the mayor for help or ask Lina for help.
(c) Fix the generator or find a way out.
(d) Learn to grow more food or find a key to the locked door.
3. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
4. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
(a) A yarn shop.
(b) A clock shop.
(c) A small items shop.
(d) A vegetables shop.
5. How does Lina spot Doon from her spot on the roof?
(a) She sees guards chasing him.
(b) She sees the crowd making room for him.
(c) She sees his candle burning.
(d) He waves her her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
2. What color is the moth Doon watches hatch?
3. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
4. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
5. What does the word "egress" mean, according to Clary?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)