|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A drainpipe.
(b) A piece of wood.
(d) A corn stalk.
2. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
(a) The writer says it's a large animal.
(b) The writer of the book doesn't know.
(c) The writer says it's a dirty animal.
(d) The writer says it's the source of bacon.
3. What does Lina tell Poppy they're about to do?
(a) Save their people.
(b) Go on an adventure.
(c) Try to keep from drowning.
(d) Leave Ember forever.
4. What happens while the people are singing "Song of the Darkness"?
(a) The lights go off again.
(b) The mayor interrupts, telling everyone to look for Lina.
(c) Lina leaves Ember.
(d) The guards push through the crowd, looking for Lina.
5. Where does Lina hide while waiting to implement her plan?
(a) Under a porch.
(b) In the school.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) Near the trash can enclosure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Lina think they've been in the boat when they come to the final pool?
2. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
3. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
4. What is the letter on the stone that marks the ledge on the riverbank?
5. What does Lina say is the biggest difference between her home and that of Mrs. Murdo?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)