|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina use Doon's rope for?
(a) To carry her supplies.
(b) To keep her pants up.
(c) To tie herself to Doon.
(d) A leash for Poppy.
2. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(b) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(c) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(d) Put them in a box with a date.
3. What is the first thing Clary points out when she reaches Lina's room?
(a) That her bean has sprouted.
(b) That the note is missing.
(c) That Poppy isn't there.
(d) That it is very clean.
4. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
(a) Four in the past year.
(c) Too many to count.
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least a hundred years.
(b) At least twelve hundred years.
(c) At least five hundred years.
(d) At least two hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
2. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
3. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
4. What does Lina see when she looks over the riverbank and discovers a ledge?
5. What does Doon tell his father he's worried about that night?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)