|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A drainpipe.
(d) A corn stalk.
2. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She belives they need to climb.
(b) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(c) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(d) She believes they need to build it.
3. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At the greenhouse.
(b) At Plummer Street.
(c) At Harken Square.
(d) At the Vegetable Market.
4. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) It doesn't have a name.
(b) Crawling and Flying Things.
(c) Creatures of Ember.
(d) Doon's Book.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the people of Ember begin throwing at the mayor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
2. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
4. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
5. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)