|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They have a day off work.
(b) They work a half day.
(c) They work a later shift.
(d) They work an earlier shift.
2. Where did the box with the instructions end up when a mayor died?
(a) At the back of a closet.
(b) In the warehouse.
(c) In the dump.
(d) In a locked desk drawer.
3. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least five hundred years.
(c) At least a hundred years.
(d) At least twelve hundred years.
4. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A drainpipe.
(d) A corn stalk.
5. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
(b) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(c) They'll have fun scaring him.
(d) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
2. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
3. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
4. Where does Doon live?
5. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)