|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least five hundred years.
(b) At least two hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least a hundred years.
2. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can jump a large hedge.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(d) That she can climb a lightpole.
3. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
(a) A coat.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Colored pencils.
(d) A Bible.
4. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(b) She believes they need to build it.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She says there might be a door somewhere.
5. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Yellow and purple.
(c) Blue and green.
(d) Green and orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Poppy's jacket?
2. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
3. How old are the children of Ember when they receive their work assignments?
4. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
5. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)