|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message Lina carries repeatedly the day after the blackout?
(a) That no one is to blame for the blackouts.
(b) That everyone believes the mayor should be fired.
(c) That someone should find a way out of Ember.
(d) That the blackout lasted seven minutes.
2. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) In the yarn shop.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In bed.
(d) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
3. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can jump a large hedge.
(b) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(c) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(d) That she can climb a lightpole.
4. What does Mayor Cole hold in his hand when he arrives in the classroom for Assignment Day?
(a) A gold box.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A silver cup.
(d) A cloth bag.
5. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
(b) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
(c) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
(d) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
2. Who is Alis Fleery?
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
4. What did the seventh mayor die of?
5. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)