|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The chief of the guards.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Lina's grandmother.
(d) The timekeeper.
2. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
3. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(d) Green beans.
4. What is the first job assigned to a member of Lina and Doon's class?
(a) Supply Depot clerk.
(b) Greenhouse apprentice.
(c) Electrician's helper.
5. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can climb a lightpole.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
(d) That she can jump a large hedge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
2. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
3. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
4. What has Poppy done with the paper from inside the beautiful box Granny found?
5. What does the old man say when Doon asks how the generator works?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)