|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(b) Put them in a box with a date.
(c) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(d) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
2. What is past the trash heaps?
(a) A huge park for the children.
(b) The vegetable gardens.
(c) The Unknown Regions.
(d) Store rooms.
3. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
(a) When five minutes have passed.
(b) When the clock strikes four.
(c) When the mayor calls out.
(d) When the mayor rings the bell.
4. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Stands on a roof.
(b) Yells really loudly.
(c) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(d) Uses a megaphone.
5. Why does Doon say they are telling the chief guard about the mayor's thefts?
(a) Doon trusts him.
(b) Because he can arrest the mayor.
(c) So he can help gather the food for the people.
(d) Because the guard will be the next mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
2. How many boxes do Lina and Doon find behind the door?
3. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
4. What is on Lina's wall?
5. What color is Poppy's jacket?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)