|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Stands on a roof.
(b) Yells really loudly.
(c) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(d) Uses a megaphone.
2. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At Plummer Street.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At the Vegetable Market.
(d) At Harken Square.
3. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Yellow and orange.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Red and brown.
4. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) They don't know.
(b) They hear the key in the lock.
(c) They see him unlock it.
(d) The man says he's going to unlock it.
5. What is on Lina's wall?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her drawings.
(c) A pot with a bean seed.
(d) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lina go into the library?
2. How do Lina and Doon plan to tell everyone they've found a way out of Ember?
3. What happens the moment Lina steps onto the roof?
4. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
5. What happens while the people are singing "Song of the Darkness"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)