|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the mayor tell the guard to return to his office?
(a) When the mayor rings the bell.
(b) When the clock strikes four.
(c) When the mayor calls out.
(d) When five minutes have passed.
2. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
(a) That's where all the people hide their keys.
(b) A pan is the only hiding place she can find.
(c) She heard the mayor say that's where it would be hidden.
(d) She thinks that's what the instructions say.
3. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
(a) To a secret stash of food.
(b) To the mayor's office.
(c) To the Unknown Regions.
(d) Out of Ember.
4. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They work a later shift.
(b) They have a day off work.
(c) They work an earlier shift.
(d) They work a half day.
5. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(b) They see him unlock it.
(c) They don't know.
(d) They hear the key in the lock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person Lina and Doon decide to leave a message for about leaving Ember?
2. What is on Lina's wall?
3. What happens while the people are singing "Song of the Darkness"?
4. When do Lina and Doon agree to meet to go into the Pipeworks?
5. What is in each of the boats Doon and Lina find in the second room?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)