|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The True Citizens are described as what?
2. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
3. According to the lawyer for the True Citizens, for whom was Geary working?
4. What is the name of the text written by David Bowden?
5. What is Tsueh's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harkad Gosz and what does Borlú learn from him?
2. Who is Syedr and what does he believe about Breach?
3. What is the DöplirCaffé and what is notable about it?
4. Why does Borlú want to speak with the Oversight Committee?
5. Upon speaking with Khurusch for a second time, what information do Borlú and Corwi learn?
6. According to the True Citizens, why was Geary murdered?
7. What is Copula Hall? What is its function?
8. What information does Borlú learn from Khurusch?
9. Who is Yolanda Rodriguez and what is notable about her?
10. What happens to the victim's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Beszel and Ul Qoma. How are they the same, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
At one point in the novel, Borlú remarks that Breach is “a statement of both crime and identity” Analyze how the concept of Breach influences the character of Borlú as well as the novel’s plot and themes.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the significance of the title of the novel. How does the novel’s title reflect the settings, conflicts, and themes?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)