|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official language of Ul Qoma?
(d) Ul Qoman.
2. In speaking with the lawyer for the True Citizens, what does Borlú realize?
(a) That the lawyer has insider information.
(b) That the lawyer is trying to give him a clue.
(c) That the lawyer has suspicious motives.
(d) That the lawyer is a suspect too.
3. Borlú's boss gives him what surprising freedom?
(a) The freedom to question other officers.
(b) The freedom to take the weekend off.
(c) The freedom to arrest anyone he suspects.
(d) The freedom to follow his instincts.
4. According to the unificationist, the victim believed in what fabled city?
5. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
(b) Carpet fibers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what division does Inspector Borlú work?
2. The victim's parents are upset to learn that, once Breach takes the case, what will happen?
3. What is the name of the Ul Qoman detective working with Borlú?
4. What surprises Dhatt about the case?
5. According to the video footage, where did the murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon speaking with Khurusch for a second time, what information do Borlú and Corwi learn?
2. What does the informant tell Borlú about the victim?
3. What has the Oversight Committee decided?
4. Who is Yolanda Rodriguez and what is notable about her?
5. According to the True Citizens, why was Geary murdered?
6. What happens to the victim's parents?
7. Who is David Bowden?
8. What is the Cleavage and what is known about it?
9. What is Copula Hall? What is its function?
10. In calling Borlú, what crime has the informant committed? Why?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)