|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
(b) Carpet fibers.
2. What is Tsueh's first name?
3. What is Inspector Borlú's first name?
4. What must a tourist do before entering one of the cities?
(a) Speak with the Oversight Committee.
(b) Undergo training and pass an entrance exam.
(c) Pay an exorbitant fee.
(d) Purchase a travel visa.
5. Where does the Oversight Committee hold its meetings?
(a) Pocost Village.
(b) Byela Mar.
(c) Copula Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Borlú's boss tell him to avoid complicating the case any further?
2. In what city does Borlú live and work?
3. When speaking with the students at the dig, Borlú is surprised none of them discuss what?
4. What is the name of the lawyer for the True Citizens?
5. Who is Yorj Syedr?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is David Bowden?
2. What does the informant tell Borlú about the victim?
3. What does the pathologist determine about the victim?
4. Who is Syedr and what does he believe about Breach?
5. Who is Yolanda Rodriguez and what is notable about her?
6. When Borlú arrives at an investigative dead end, Dhatt recommends he return to what? What is the outcome of this advice?
7. Describe the discovery of the victim at the beginning of the novel.
8. Why does Gadlem tell Borlú about complicating the case?
9. Following the Oversight Committee's decision, what is happening to Borlú and Corwi?
10. Upon speaking with Khurusch for a second time, what information do Borlú and Corwi learn?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)