|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Borlú and Dhatt become stuck, Dhatt prompts Borlú to remember what?
(a) When he first saw the victim.
(b) When the pathologist made his report.
(c) When the victim stopped being an unknown corpse.
(d) When he first learned the identity of the van's owner.
2. Why does Borlú believe Khurusch's van was stolen?
(a) The thief was trying to find an unobtrusive vehicle.
(b) The thief was trying to find an AQD visa.
(c) The thief was trying to find a van filled with junk.
(d) The thief was trying to find a vehicle with a large trunk.
3. Where was the owner of the van on the night of the murder?
(a) At an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
(b) At a Gamblers Anonymous meeting.
(c) At a Narcotics Anonymous meeting.
(d) At an Overeaters Anonymous meeting.
4. When walking in Ul Qoma one night, where does Borlú go?
(a) Bol Ye'an.
(b) The Temple.
(d) Copula Hall.
5. The accent of Borlú's anonymous informant indicates what about him?
(a) He comes from America.
(b) He comes from Australia.
(c) He comes from Beszel.
(d) He comes from Ul Qoma.
6. What is the name Borlú assigns to the victim?
(a) Mariska Unit.
(b) Fulana Detail.
(c) Brigette Unknown.
(d) Jane Doe.
7. According to Borlú's anonymous informant, what is the name of the victim?
8. What crime did Khurusch commit?
(a) He did not report his van stolen.
(b) He did not lock his van.
(c) He left his AQD visa inside the van.
(d) He filled his van with junk and obstructed the view.
9. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
(c) Carpet fibers.
10. According to the lawyer for the True Citizens, for whom was Geary working?
(b) Ul Qoma.
11. What is Inspector Borlú's first name?
12. When the owner of the van is taken to identify his vehicle, he is shocked to see what?
(a) It is missing all four wheels.
(b) It has been painted a different color.
(c) It has been banged up in an accident.
(d) It is filled with junk that does not belong to him.
13. Who owns the van that transported the victim?
(a) Mikyael Krimlen.
(b) Mikyael Klasch.
(c) Mikyael Khurusch.
(d) Mikyael Khrouthe.
14. Who is the embassy official assigned to the victim's parents?
(a) James Thacker.
(b) Jack Thayer.
(c) Joseph Thomson.
(d) John Thurber.
15. Once in Ul Qoma, Borlú is finally able to properly see what?
(a) The Church of Eternal Light.
(b) The Temple of Inevitable Light.
(c) The Shrine of Inexorable Light.
(d) The Sanctuary of Fixed Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the unificationist, the victim believed in what fabled city?
2. After investigators find the van that transported the victim, they discover what inside?
3. What effect did Bowden's ideas have on his career?
4. The pathologist determines the victim was how old when she died?
5. The victim's parents are upset to learn that, once Breach takes the case, what will happen?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)