|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Borlú believe Khurusch's van was stolen?
(a) The thief was trying to find an AQD visa.
(b) The thief was trying to find an unobtrusive vehicle.
(c) The thief was trying to find a van filled with junk.
(d) The thief was trying to find a vehicle with a large trunk.
2. Based on the video footage and Khurusch's history, Borlú realizes what about the murder?
(a) It was an inside job.
(b) It was a spontaneous crime.
(c) It was clearly a case of breach.
(d) It was not well planned.
3. What is Tsueh's first name?
4. The True Citizens are described as what?
(a) The street soldiers of Orciny.
(b) The street soldiers of the NatBloc.
(c) The street soldiers of the Oversight Committee.
(d) The street soldiers of the Social Democrats.
5. The pathologist discovers the victim was covered in what odd substance?
(b) Carpet fibers.
6. Once in Ul Qoma, Borlú is finally able to properly see what?
(a) The Church of Eternal Light.
(b) The Sanctuary of Fixed Light.
(c) The Temple of Inevitable Light.
(d) The Shrine of Inexorable Light.
7. After speaking with the informant, Borlú believes the murder might actually be a case of what?
(b) Illegal immigration.
8. According to the lawyer for the True Citizens, for whom was Geary working?
(c) Ul Qoma.
9. What is the name of the text written by David Bowden?
(a) Between the City and the City.
(b) Into the Breach.
(c) What Walks Between.
(d) The Cleavage of Beszel and Ul Qoma.
10. What information does Borlú ask Taskin Cerush to get for him?
(a) How to send a case to the Oversight Committee.
(b) How to dismiss a case for lack of evidence.
(c) How to arrest another officer.
(d) How to submit evidence to the courts.
11. According to Borlú's informant, the victim was involved in what?
12. What surprises Dhatt about the case?
(a) That the victim had so many enemies.
(b) That Breach had not been invoked.
(c) That the victim was so well liked.
(d) That the murderer had not already been caught.
13. According to the True Citizens, why was Geary murdered?
(a) Because she disrespected Orciny.
(b) Because she disrespected Breach.
(c) Because she disrespected Beszel.
(d) Because she disrespected Ul Qoma.
14. What is the name of Borlú's boss?
(a) Commissar Gosz.
(b) Commissar Sariska.
(c) Commissar Gadlem.
(d) Commissar Yaszek.
15. According to the unificationist, the victim was what nationality?
(a) Turkish or Armenian.
(b) American or English.
(c) Swiss or Austrian.
(d) Besz or Ul Qoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Syedr object to invoking Breach?
2. What new, surprising information does Dhatt tell Borlú?
3. According to the unificationist, where did the victim go after leaving Beszel?
4. What does the video footage show?
5. According to the unificationist, what was the victim's name?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)