|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thanks to the video footage, Borlú realized the van must have had what inside?
(a) An Anywhere Qoman visa.
(b) An Anyone Quality visa.
(c) An All Quantity Driver visa.
(d) An Any Qualified Driver visa.
2. After the call from the informant, Borlú considers the possibility that the victim was what?
(a) A unificationist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A prostitute.
3. Bowden's book expounded on what theory?
(a) The existence of Orciny.
(b) That the real city was Beszel, not Ul Qoma.
(c) That the real city was Ul Qoma, not Beszel.
(d) That there was no Cleavage.
4. Late at night, after speaking to the informant, Borlú stares out his apartment window and does what?
(b) Stares at Ul Qoma.
(c) Thinks of quitting.
(d) Listens to music.
5. According to Borlú's informant, the victim was involved in what?
6. What is the name of the unificationist who gives Borlú and Corwi information bout the victim?
(a) Pall Drodin.
(b) Pul Dworak.
(c) Pag Duren.
(d) Por Dwidst.
7. Where does the fabled third city exist?
(a) Underneath Beszel and Ul Qoma.
(b) On the northern border of Beszel and Ul Qoma.
(c) Between Beszel and Ul Qoma.
(d) Above Beszel and Ul Qoma.
8. Why has an embassy official been assigned to the victim's parents?
(a) To prevent them from breaching.
(b) To prevent them from getting lost.
(c) To prevent them from finding the murderer.
(d) To prevent them from hindering the investigation.
9. What important function does Copula Hall serve?
(a) It is the center of education and culture.
(b) It is where the police have their station.
(c) It is where the courts are held.
(d) It is where one can travel legally between the cities.
10. Borlú's boss gives him what surprising freedom?
(a) The freedom to follow his instincts.
(b) The freedom to arrest anyone he suspects.
(c) The freedom to take the weekend off.
(d) The freedom to question other officers.
11. Why does the Oversight Committee refuse to forward the case to Breach?
(a) Because they have too many cases on the docket right now.
(b) Because Borlú has not proven a breach occurred.
(c) Because they insist the crime is not bad enough.
(d) Because not enough time has passed since the murder.
12. In speaking with the lawyer for the True Citizens, what does Borlú realize?
(a) That the lawyer is trying to give him a clue.
(b) That the lawyer has suspicious motives.
(c) That the lawyer is a suspect too.
(d) That the lawyer has insider information.
13. What information is Corwi unable to get for Borlú?
(a) Dhatt's personal file.
(b) Dhatt's university transcripts.
(c) Dhatt's driving records.
(d) Dhatt's personal emails.
14. Who is Lizbyet Corwi?
(a) A young, intelligent constable working with Borlú.
(b) Borlú's girlfriend.
(c) A prostitute Borlú questions.
(d) Borlú's neighbor.
15. What is notable about the DöplirCaffé?
(a) It is both a Muslim and a Jewish coffeehouse, located next to one another and sharing a single name.
(b) It is both a Besz and an Ul Qoman coffeehouse, located next to one another and sharing a single name.
(c) It is a coffeehouse that exists in neither city and constitutes its own territory.
(d) It is a crosshatched coffeehouse located in both cities simultaneously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the victim's academic advisor?
2. The pathologist determines the victim was how old when she died?
3. According to Cerush, who is the happiest regarding the Oversight Committee's decision?
4. What crime did Khurusch commit?
5. What information does Tsueh want to know?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)