|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Chapters 9-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes the city in which Borlú lives and works?
(a) Borlú's city is a hub of tourism.
(b) Borlú's city is modern and sleek.
(c) Borlú's city is full of life and color.
(d) Borlú's city is run-down and drab.
2. What crime did Khurusch commit?
(a) He did not report his van stolen.
(b) He filled his van with junk and obstructed the view.
(c) He did not lock his van.
(d) He left his AQD visa inside the van.
3. Bowden's book expounded on what theory?
(a) That the real city was Ul Qoma, not Beszel.
(b) That there was no Cleavage.
(c) That the real city was Beszel, not Ul Qoma.
(d) The existence of Orciny.
4. Why does the Oversight Committee refuse to forward the case to Breach?
(a) Because not enough time has passed since the murder.
(b) Because they insist the crime is not bad enough.
(c) Because they have too many cases on the docket right now.
(d) Because Borlú has not proven a breach occurred.
5. In speaking with the lawyer for the True Citizens, what does Borlú realize?
(a) That the lawyer is a suspect too.
(b) That the lawyer has insider information.
(c) That the lawyer is trying to give him a clue.
(d) That the lawyer has suspicious motives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lawyer for the True Citizens?
2. According to the unificationist, the victim believed in what fabled city?
3. When Borlú and Dhatt become stuck, Dhatt prompts Borlú to remember what?
4. What is the name of the dig on which the victim worked?
5. What event divided the two cities?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)