|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Papa feel about his car?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He wanted a different one.
(c) He was afraid to drive it.
(d) He was proud of it.
2. What was Francisco behind in when he moved to the Orosi school?
(d) All of these.
3. What did Gabriel trade for a taquito?
(a) A peanut butter sandwhich.
(b) A piece of pizza.
(c) A ham and cheese sandwhich.
(d) A fried chicken leg.
4. What kind of book did the Orosi school play a game with?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The encyclopedias.
5. What did the neighbors do that made the parrot mad?
(a) Sat in Francisco's chair.
(c) Came over without their pet.
(d) Took his nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was 1910 a special year to Francisco?
2. How did the family feel about the parrot?
3. What kind of job did Roberto get when Papa couldn't work anymore?
4. What did Papa always do while he took his nightly medicine?
5. What kind of crop did Ito own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Francisco have to prepare for at the end of the book?
2. What did Mr. Lema offer Francisco that made him very excited?
3. What did Francisco want to earn while working with his family in Corcoran and why?
4. Why did Papa kill the parrot?
5. What did Gabriel refuse to do for the contractor and why?
6. How did the Orosi home get destroyed?
7. How did Francisco know Papa was sick?
8. What kept Gabriel from hitting the contractor?
9. What did Papa say about the contractor after Gabriel was fired?
10. How did Francisco try to keep his hands warm while picking around Thanksgiving?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)