|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie did Papa tell his kids to tell?
(a) They are older than 10.
(b) They go to school.
(c) They were born in California.
(d) They don't know where Mama is.
2. What did the neighbors do that made the parrot mad?
(a) Sat in Francisco's chair.
(b) Took his nuts.
(c) Came over without their pet.
3. What was the name of Francisco's first sister?
4. Why did Carlos not let Manuelito play with the other children?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He was too fat.
(c) He was too sick.
(d) He was too fast.
5. What kind of job did Roberto get when Papa couldn't work anymore?
(d) Lawn care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Francisco love to hear Ito say?
2. Where was Ito from?
3. What crop did Francisco pick after leaving Ito's land?
4. What did Manuelito call the contractor?
5. What did Papa use to collect the second crop he picked at Corcoran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Papa say about the contractor after Gabriel was fired?
2. What did Francisco want to earn while working with his family in Corcoran and why?
3. What does Orosi mean, and why was this so important to Francisco?
4. What did Mama say to calm Francisco down after his collection was stolen?
5. What did Francisco have to prepare for at the end of the book?
6. Why did Papa kill the parrot?
7. What did Gabriel refuse to do for the contractor and why?
8. What did Francisco like the most about Ito?
9. How did Roberto get a job away from a farm?
10. How did Francisco know Papa was sick?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)