|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's brother's name?
2. Where were the Christmas gifts placed?
(a) By the door.
(b) Next to their shoes.
(c) On the table.
(d) Under the pillows.
3. What did Papa say was Francisco's job in Soledad?
(a) To watch his brother.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To clean the house.
(d) To pick in the fields.
4. What was Francisco's main motivation in Soledad?
5. Who was with Francisco when he got candy at the first farm?
(a) Another farm boy.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Papa move the family away from Corcoron?
2. Who joined Francisco in his activities while he was bored in Corcoran?
3. What did Francisco like about Torito?
4. Why did Francisco have to repeat a grade?
5. Where did Francisco go to watch his father in Soledad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francisco try to feel connected to his family while they worked in the fields in Soledad?
2. What happened the first time Francisco worked in the fields in Soledad?
3. What did Mrs. Scalapino give Francisco at the end of the year?
4. Why did Papa not buy anything from the young couple when they came by?
5. What did Mama do to make money in the Tent City?
6. What did Mama's Christmas gift symbolize to Francisco and why?
7. Why did so many people move away from Corcoran?
8. Why was Francisco so happy to meet Miguelito?
9. Why was Papa angry after Francisco worked in the fields for the first time in Soledad?
10. What caused Curtis to get angry with Francisco?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)