|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Francisco like to do when he was bored in Corcoran?
(a) Read his books.
(b) Practice English.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Watch his neighbor's fish.
2. What grade was Francisco in while living in Corcoran?
3. What did Francisco realize when he got a bag of candy?
(a) There was more to life in America.
(b) He was seen as special.
(c) People were kind.
(d) There were ways he could help his family.
4. What did Francisco do when Torito got sick?
(a) Sang to him.
(d) Begged for money.
5. What did Miguelito promise to teach Francisco?
(a) How to whittle.
(b) How to fish.
(c) How to track.
(d) How to hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the family have to hunt for food when they got to the farm?
2. What did Francisco like to do during recess?
3. What did Francisco win a blue ribbon for?
4. Why did Papa choose to move at the beginning of the book?
5. Why did Miguelito's family move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the special jar at the end of the school year?
2. What gift did Francisco leave his neighbor after the flood?
3. Why did Papa move away from Corcoran?
4. How did Francisco's family eat during the first weeks at the first farm?
5. What did Mrs. Scalapino give Francisco at the end of the year?
6. What caused Curtis to get angry with Francisco?
7. Where did Francisco get the bag of candy at the beginning of the book?
8. How did Francisco's family cross the border?
9. Why did so many people move away from Corcoran?
10. What was Francisco's main duty in Soledad?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)