|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miguelito promise to teach Francisco?
(a) How to whittle.
(b) How to track.
(c) How to fish.
(d) How to hunt.
2. Why did Francisco like to hang out with Arthur?
(a) He had freckles.
(b) He had dark skin.
(c) He spoke Spanish.
(d) He had extra snacks.
3. What did Mama get mad at Francisco for in Soledad?
(a) Not working hard in school.
(b) Not watching his brother.
(c) Not telling her he was sick.
(d) Not doing enough rows.
4. What was rubbed on Torito's stomach to heal him?
5. What did Mama be from the butcher?
(b) Old meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Papa dig in trash cans after leaving Corcoran?
2. How did Francisco figure out how to get paid more in Soledad?
3. What did Francisco win a blue ribbon for?
4. What did Mama make with what she begged from the butcher?
5. What kind of farm did Papa first get work on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of dream did Francisco have while Torito was sick?
2. How did Francisco's family eat during the first weeks at the first farm?
3. What did Mama do to make money in the Tent City?
4. What did Mama get for Christmas, and why was this so special?
5. Why was Francisco so happy to meet Miguelito?
6. How did Francisco's family cross the border?
7. How did Francisco try to feel connected to his family while they worked in the fields in Soledad?
8. How did Francisco learn that Miguelito had left?
9. What happened the first time Francisco worked in the fields in Soledad?
10. What was in the special jar at the end of the school year?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)