|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Papa not let Francisco pick the second crop at Corcoran?
(a) He was too small.
(b) He was too smart.
(c) He was too weak.
(d) He was too loud.
2. What kind of book did the Orosi school play a game with?
(b) The encyclopedias.
(d) The dictionary.
3. What lie did Papa tell his kids to tell?
(a) They are older than 10.
(b) They were born in California.
(c) They don't know where Mama is.
(d) They go to school.
4. How did the parrot feel about Catarina?
(a) He wanted to eat her.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He was afraid of her.
(d) He loved her.
5. What allowed Papa to get back to work?
(a) The immgration left the camp.
(b) Mama had another baby.
(c) Francisco went to school.
(d) He got another job.
6. Where did Robert get a job when Papa couldn't work anymore?
(a) The school.
(b) The store.
(c) The post office.
(d) The farm.
7. What grade did Mr. Lema teach?
8. Where was Ito from?
9. Why did Papa want to move to Orosi?
(a) There were no investigators there.
(b) He wanted a change.
(c) There was better pay there.
(d) He heard the worker homes were nice.
10. How long was the strawberry season at Santa Maria?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 10 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
11. What medicine did Papa take every night?
12. What did Mama do during the day after leaving Ito's land?
(a) Tended the children.
(b) Made clothing.
(c) Cleaned houses.
(d) Cooked food.
13. What did Roberto ask Mr. Sims for?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Extra lessons.
(c) A job.
(d) Old books.
14. How long was the cotton season in Fresno?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
15. What was Francisco behind in when he moved to the Orosi school?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the parrot come from?
2. What did Ito never do?
3. Why did Francisco not invite Carl to his house?
4. What happened at the end of the book?
5. What was Mr. Sim's job?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)