|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop did Papa pick when he got the parrot?
2. What did Francisco love to hear Ito say?
(a) It is lunch time.
(b) The picking season is over.
(c) The day's picking was over.
(d) It is time for promotion.
3. What did Gabriel trade for a taquito?
(a) A piece of pizza.
(b) A peanut butter sandwhich.
(c) A ham and cheese sandwhich.
(d) A fried chicken leg.
4. What was Catarina?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A mouse.
5. What was the name of Francisco's first sister?
6. Why did Carlos not let Manuelito play with the other children?
(a) He was too slow.
(b) He was too fat.
(c) He was too fast.
(d) He was too sick.
7. Why did Papa stop working?
(a) He got fired.
(b) He was in pain.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He was in jail.
8. What crop did Papa pick the second time he went to Corcoran?
9. Why can't the Corcoran crops be picked when wet?
(a) The fields are muddy.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It damages the crop.
(d) The weighing is thrown off.
10. How long was the strawberry season at Santa Maria?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
11. Why was 1910 a special year to Francisco?
(a) That is when his father was born.
(b) That is when he was born.
(c) That is when his parrot died.
(d) That is when his brother died.
12. What did Manuelito call the contractor?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A crook.
(c) A thief.
(d) A saint.
13. Why did Francisco not like Carlos?
(a) He was stupid.
(b) He was ugly.
(c) He was strange.
(d) He was bossy.
14. What did Francisco do in Corcoran between picking seasons?
(a) Cleaned the house.
(b) Drew pictures.
(c) Went to school.
(d) Tended to Papa.
15. What did Francisco teach the parrot to say?
(a) Francisco Amore.
(b) Poquito mi Amore.
(c) Periquito bonito.
(d) Francesca es guapo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Papa use to collect the second crop he picked at Corcoran?
2. What did Roberto and Francisco run away from?
3. What medicine did Papa take every night?
4. What did Francisco get to do during the summer?
5. What did Carl collect?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)