|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade did Mr. Lema teach?
2. What kind of book did the Orosi school play a game with?
(a) The dictionary.
(d) The encyclopedias.
3. What did most of Francisco's classmates get to do during the summer?
(a) All of these.
(c) Go to school.
4. What was the name of the parrot?
(a) El Flamenco.
(b) El Dante.
(c) El Tantitia.
(d) El Perico.
5. Where did Robert get a job when Papa couldn't work anymore?
(a) The school.
(b) The farm.
(c) The post office.
(d) The store.
6. What did Roberto and Francisco run away from?
(a) The school bus.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The cops.
(d) The sharecropper.
7. Why did Papa want to move to Orosi?
(a) He wanted a change.
(b) There were no investigators there.
(c) He heard the worker homes were nice.
(d) There was better pay there.
8. How long was the cotton season in Fresno?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
9. What season just ended in The Circuit chapter?
10. What was Mr. Sim's job?
11. What medicine did Papa take every night?
12. What did Papa always do while he took his nightly medicine?
(a) Read a book.
(b) Smoked cigars.
(c) Drank whiskey.
(d) Whittled toothpicks.
13. How long was Francisco's summer?
(a) 4 and a half weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 and a half months.
14. What allowed Papa to get back to work?
(a) The immgration left the camp.
(b) Francisco went to school.
(c) He got another job.
(d) Mama had another baby.
15. What did Francisco do to show the parrot he loved it?
(a) Brought it nuts.
(b) Cleaned it.
(c) Kissed it.
(d) Sang to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the parrot do when it got angry?
2. Why did Carlos not let Manuelito play with the other children?
3. How long was the grape season in Fresno?
4. What did Orosi mean?
5. What did Gabriel trade for a taquito?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)