|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the strawberry season at Santa Maria?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
2. Who started Francisco's collection?
(d) Mr. Lema.
3. When did Mr. Lema teach Francisco to read?
(a) During lunch breaks.
(b) At night.
(c) During classtime.
(d) Before school.
4. Why did Papa not let Francisco pick the second crop at Corcoran?
(a) He was too small.
(b) He was too weak.
(c) He was too loud.
(d) He was too smart.
5. What grade did Mr. Lema teach?
6. What did Papa hit the parrot with?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A bucket.
(c) A broom.
(d) A pan.
7. What did the neighbors do that made the parrot mad?
(a) Took his nuts.
(b) Came over without their pet.
(d) Sat in Francisco's chair.
8. What medicine did Papa take every night?
9. What did the parrot do when it got angry?
(a) Flapped its wings.
(b) Squawked loudly.
(d) Clawed at people.
10. Where was Ito from?
11. What did Manuelito say Papa was lucky for?
(a) To have his family with him.
(b) To have a car.
(c) To be making money.
(d) To have a pretty wife.
12. What did Papa use to collect the second crop he picked at Corcoran?
(a) A bucket.
(b) A basket.
(c) A sack.
(d) A hamper.
13. What kind of job did Roberto get when Papa couldn't work anymore?
(b) Lawn care.
14. What was the name of the parrot?
(a) El Dante.
(b) El Flamenco.
(c) El Tantitia.
(d) El Perico.
15. Where did the parrot come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Papa want to move to Orosi?
2. What was Mr. Sim's job?
3. Who helped Roberto with his job when Papa couldn't work anymore?
4. How much money did Papa earn for 600 pounds of a the Corcoran crop?
5. What kind of book did the Orosi school play a game with?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)