|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Francisco have to do in Soledad?
(b) All of these.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Pick in the fields.
2. Who wrapped the Christmas gifts?
3. How much money did Papa have when he got to his first farm?
4. What did Francisco love most about the first farm?
(a) The school.
(b) The Noon Train.
(c) The color of the fields.
(d) The little church.
5. How many migrant workers did Mama work for in the Tent City?
6. Why did Papa move the family away from Corcoron?
(a) To avoid investigation.
(b) To get a raise.
(c) To find a better school.
(d) To find work.
7. How long did Papa have to wait to find work after crossing the border?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
8. What did Mrs. Scalapino forbid Francisco to do?
(a) Speak Spanish.
(b) Sit by Arthur.
(d) Be late to class.
9. Who gave Mama her Christmas present?
10. When did Francisco help Mama the most in the Tent City?
(a) All of these.
(b) Night time.
11. What was Francisco's main motivation in Soledad?
12. Where did Francisco get a jacket while living in the Tent City?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The lost and found.
(c) The principal.
(d) The rag bag.
13. What did Francisco like to do during recess?
(a) Watch the class pet.
(b) Take naps.
(c) Practice English.
(d) Clean the chalkboard.
14. How did Papa get paid in Soledad?
(a) By the row of crops.
(b) By the season.
(c) By the hour.
(d) By the pound of what he picked.
15. How did Francisco's family feel on Christmas morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angel de Oro live?
2. What did the children get for Christmas?
3. What did Francisco daydream about in Mrs. Scalapino's class?
4. How did Francisco learn that Miguelito moved?
5. What did Mama's handkerchief symbolize to Francisco?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)