Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
2. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
3. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
4. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
5. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss conflict in literary narrative, and identify the major conflicts in "The Cider House Rules". What internal conflicts does Melony face? What external conflicts? What conflicts does Dr. Larch face in regards to Homer? What external conflicts does the character face regarding the orphanage?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Homer Wells in the narrative. How old is Homer when he is introduced in Chapter 1? When was Homer brought to the orphanage? How many times is Homer adopted and why do his adoptive parents bring him back to the orphanage?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Wilbur Larch in the narrative. Where was Wilbur born? What does the exposition reveal about Wilbur's past? What were Wilbur's parents like? Where did he study and begin his career?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)