Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) A local politician.
(b) The police captain.
(c) The President.
(d) An Army General.
2. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
3. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
(a) Lobsterman and mechanic.
(b) Sheriff and city councilman.
(c) Banker and investor.
(d) Capenter and drunk.
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) An abandoned logging town.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) A slow-paced retirement community.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
5. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) Photographs of his parents.
(b) A movie of his birth.
(c) A record of who his real mother is.
(d) Birth certificate on file.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch asks Homer to perform an autopsy on what in Chapter 5?
2. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
4. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
5. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by Wally's return in Chapter 10?
2. How have Homer's feelings about St. Cloud's changed in Chapter 6?
3. What leads Candy to discover Homer's love for her in Chapter 8?
4. What does the exposition reveal about Dr. Larch's past in Chapter 1?
5. How does Dr. Larch relate to Melony in Chapter 6?
6. How does the book Jane Eyre relate to the main characters in Chapter 4? What heroic act does Homer do in this chapter?
7. What is foreshadowed about the life and career of Dr. Larch in Chapter 2?
8. In what ways do the characters of Olive Worthington and Dr. Larch relate in Chapter 4?
9. Who begins to press Dr. Larch toward retirement in Chapter 6?
10. How is the atmosphere described in the beginning of Chapter 5? What is symbolic in this description?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)