|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In the Worthington home.
(b) At St. Cloud's.
(c) In Wally's bedroom.
(d) In the cider house.
2. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Edna.
3. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(c) An apology letter.
(d) A phone number.
4. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) The cleaning of equipment.
(b) Starting work early in the morning.
(c) Being on the tin roof.
(d) The practicing of voodoo.
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A racecar driver.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A doctor.
6. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(b) Moose Haven Resort.
(c) Ocean's View Orchard.
(d) Maine Fishing Company.
7. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Rolling Hills Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) York Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
8. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The hay barn.
(b) The cider house.
(c) Squatter's mansion.
(d) Labor camp.
9. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
10. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The cherry orchard.
(b) The cattle ranch.
(c) The shipyards.
(d) The bath houses.
11. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
(a) The female reproductive system.
(b) The war.
(c) The neurological system.
(d) Living in a big city.
12. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
13. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Checking the window locks.
(b) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(c) Sweeping the floors.
(d) Doing the dishes.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Trying to send a message.
(c) Marrying someone else.
(d) Mortally wounded.
15. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) An upcoming election.
(b) The war being over.
(c) Wally coming home.
(d) A place she would like to visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
2. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
3. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
4. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
5. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)