|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Juicing the apples.
(b) Posting the cider house rules.
(c) Training the pickers.
(d) Pruning the trees.
2. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Mary Agnes.
3. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Mary Agnes.
4. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
5. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(a) Ollive Worthington.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Dr. Larch.
6. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Butter ball.
(b) Teddy bear.
(d) Muffin man.
7. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
(a) The outbreak of the Korean War.
(b) The start of World War I.
(c) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The outbreak of the Vietnam War.
8. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
9. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In Wally's bedroom.
(b) In the cider house.
(c) In the Worthington home.
(d) At St. Cloud's.
10. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each orphan.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each birth.
11. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) A potato sack.
(b) A bedsheet.
(c) A backpack.
(d) Her pillowcase.
12. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 years.
14. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(c) An apology letter.
(d) A gold necklace.
15. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Douglas Wells.
(b) Robert Wells.
(c) Angel Wells.
(d) Barney Wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
2. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
3. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
4. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
5. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)