|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(a) Mr. Rose.
(b) Ray Kendall.
2. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has insomnia.
(b) He has an ether addiction.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He has a heart condition.
3. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) An apology letter.
(d) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
4. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(d) Mary Agnes.
5. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(b) St. Cloud's.
(c) Livermore Falls.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) Wally coming home.
(b) An upcoming election.
(c) A place she would like to visit.
(d) The war being over.
7. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) His money.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His draft card.
(d) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
8. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The cider house.
(c) Wally's room.
(d) The cellar.
9. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
10. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In the Worthington home.
(b) At St. Cloud's.
(c) In Wally's bedroom.
(d) In the cider house.
11. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She is pregnant.
(c) She is already married.
(d) She won't be his widow.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
13. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) An abortion.
(c) Brain surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
14. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(d) Olive Worthington.
15. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
3. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
4. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
5. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)