|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Juicing the apples.
(b) Posting the cider house rules.
(c) Pruning the trees.
(d) Training the pickers.
2. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
3. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
4. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Nancy.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Nurse Edna.
5. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Never tell Ray.
(b) Always share Angel.
(c) Tell Wally immediately.
(d) Never tell Wally.
6. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(a) St. Cloud's.
7. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She won't be his widow.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She is pregnant.
8. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
(d) Mr. Rose.
9. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A racecar driver.
10. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) York Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) Rolling Hills Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
11. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
12. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(b) Mary Agnes.
13. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(c) Wally was heard calling for help.
(d) Wally had his dog with him.
14. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Mary Agnes.
15. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Nurse Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
2. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
3. What does D and C stand for?
4. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
5. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)