|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(c) Mary Agnes.
2. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Sweeping the floors.
(b) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(c) Doing the dishes.
(d) Checking the window locks.
3. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The hay barn.
(b) Squatter's mansion.
(c) The cider house.
(d) Labor camp.
4. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Attorney General.
6. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) They don't have enough apples.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) They don't have enough gas to get there.
7. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He has insomnia.
(c) He has a heart condition.
(d) He has an ether addiction.
8. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
9. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna's.
(b) Nurse Caroline's.
(c) Olive Worthington's.
(d) Mrs. Grogan's.
10. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
11. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A rake.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A belt.
(d) An ax.
12. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
13. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Mary Agnes.
(b) Grace Lynch.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Alice Bean.
14. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(b) Ray Kendall.
(d) The pickers.
15. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
2. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
3. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
5. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)