|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) The practicing of voodoo.
(b) The cleaning of equipment.
(c) Being on the tin roof.
(d) Starting work early in the morning.
2. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Sweeping the floors.
(c) Checking the window locks.
(d) Kissing the boys goodnight.
3. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
4. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) Ray Kendall's dock.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) The Worthington home.
(d) The cider house.
5. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
(a) The neurological system.
(b) The female reproductive system.
(c) Living in a big city.
(d) The war.
6. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The cider house.
(b) Squatter's mansion.
(c) Labor camp.
(d) The hay barn.
7. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too hot.
(b) They don't have enough apples.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) They don't have enough gas to get there.
8. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
9. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
11. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A gold necklace.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(d) An apology letter.
12. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(b) Mr. Rose.
(d) Ray Kendall.
13. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A racecar driver.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
14. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(c) St. Cloud's.
15. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Ollive Worthington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
2. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
4. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)