|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(d) St. Cloud's.
2. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every five days.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every other week.
3. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
4. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Alice Bean.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Grace Lynch.
5. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(b) St. Cloud's.
(c) Livermore Falls.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Duty and courage.
(b) Distribution and commerce.
(c) Duration and courage.
(d) Dilation and curettage.
7. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) York Farm.
(b) Three Lakes Farm.
(c) Rolling Hills Farm.
(d) Owl Farm.
8. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
9. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(b) An apology letter.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A gold necklace.
10. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) The practicing of voodoo.
(b) Being on the tin roof.
(c) The cleaning of equipment.
(d) Starting work early in the morning.
11. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally had his dog with him.
(b) Wally was heard calling for help.
(c) Wally was taken prisoner.
(d) The plane didn't explode in the air.
12. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Olive Worthington.
13. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(b) Teddy bear.
(c) Muffin man.
(d) Butter ball.
14. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) The board of trustees.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) The Governor.
15. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
3. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
4. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
5. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)