|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
2. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(a) Kitchen work.
(b) Gathering hay.
4. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
(a) The neurological system.
(b) Living in a big city.
(c) The female reproductive system.
(d) The war.
5. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) The pickers.
6. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A knife in her pocket.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) Mental problems.
(d) A pistol.
7. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
8. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Stand on her head.
(d) Go running.
9. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
(d) Mr. Rose.
10. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Muffin man.
(b) Teddy bear.
(c) Butter ball.
11. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Nurse Angela.
12. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
13. How old is Dr. Larch in Chapter 10?
14. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
15. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Grace Lynch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
2. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
3. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
4. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
5. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)