|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every five days.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every other week.
2. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Mary Agnes.
3. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) They don't have enough apples.
(c) They don't have enough gas to get there.
(d) It is too hot.
4. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) Livermore Falls.
5. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
(a) Take a bath.
(c) Go running.
(d) Stand on her head.
6. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She won't be his widow.
7. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Distribution and commerce.
(b) Duty and courage.
(c) Duration and courage.
(d) Dilation and curettage.
8. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A rake.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) An ax.
(d) A belt.
9. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Wally's uncle.
(b) Wally's brother.
(c) Three members of his crew.
(d) Dr. Larch.
10. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Alice Bean.
(d) Mary Agnes.
11. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has insomnia.
(b) He has a heart condition.
(c) He has an ether addiction.
(d) He is a homosexual.
12. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Rose.
13. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) An apology letter.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(d) A gold necklace.
14. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Robert Wells.
(b) Douglas Wells.
(c) Barney Wells.
(d) Angel Wells.
15. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(b) St. Cloud's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
2. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
3. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
4. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
5. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)