|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Douglas Wells.
(b) Angel Wells.
(c) Robert Wells.
(d) Barney Wells.
2. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) Squatter's mansion.
(b) Labor camp.
(c) The hay barn.
(d) The cider house.
4. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(b) Ray Kendall.
(d) Grace Lynch.
6. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
7. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(b) Ocean's View Orchard.
(c) Maine Fishing Company.
(d) Moose Haven Resort.
8. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
9. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
10. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The cider house.
(b) Ray Kendall's dock.
(c) The Worthington home.
(d) The skating rink.
11. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline's.
(b) Olive Worthington's.
(c) Nurse Edna's.
(d) Mrs. Grogan's.
12. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) Wally had his dog with him.
(c) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
13. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The shipyards.
(b) The cattle ranch.
(c) The bath houses.
(d) The cherry orchard.
14. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A sexually transmitted disease.
(c) Mental problems.
(d) A knife in her pocket.
15. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(c) The pickers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
2. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
3. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
4. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)