|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Hand surgery.
(d) An abortion.
2. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The Worthington home.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) The cider house.
(d) Ray Kendall's dock.
3. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Mary Agnes.
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To the fair.
(b) To a seafood restaurant.
(c) To a rodeo.
(d) To a bowling alley.
5. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Fly to Israel.
(b) Watch the sun set.
(c) Fly to Africa.
(d) Serve in the war.
6. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Ray Kendall.
(d) Mr. Rose.
7. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
8. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
9. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The cider house.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The barracks.
(d) Wally's room.
10. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
11. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
12. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Olive Worthington.
13. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Owl Farm.
(b) York Farm.
(c) Rolling Hills Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
14. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
(a) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(b) The start of World War I.
(c) The outbreak of the Korean War.
(d) The outbreak of the Vietnam War.
15. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(c) Kitchen work.
(d) Gathering hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
2. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
3. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
4. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
5. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)