|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) Wally coming home.
(b) An upcoming election.
(c) A place she would like to visit.
(d) The war being over.
2. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Nurse Edna.
3. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Teddy bear.
(b) Butter ball.
(c) Muffin man.
4. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(c) Olive Worthington.
5. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Barney Wells.
(b) Douglas Wells.
(c) Robert Wells.
(d) Angel Wells.
6. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Moose Haven Resort.
(b) Ocean's View Orchard.
(c) Maine Fishing Company.
(d) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
7. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) Jane Eyre.
9. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) Wally had his dog with him.
(c) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
10. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Owl Farm.
(b) York Farm.
(c) Three Lakes Farm.
(d) Rolling Hills Farm.
11. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(d) Bipolar disorder.
12. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(c) Gathering hay.
(d) Kitchen work.
13. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna's.
(b) Nurse Caroline's.
(c) Olive Worthington's.
(d) Mrs. Grogan's.
14. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(c) St. Cloud's.
15. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a seafood restaurant.
(b) To a bowling alley.
(c) To a rodeo.
(d) To the fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
2. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
4. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
5. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)