|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Nurse Angela.
2. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(a) Gathering hay.
(c) Kitchen work.
3. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(d) St. Cloud's.
4. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) Grace Lynch.
5. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
(c) Mr. Rose.
6. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The cherry orchard.
(b) The shipyards.
(c) The cattle ranch.
(d) The bath houses.
7. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every five days.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every other week.
8. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Heart surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Hand surgery.
9. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(c) Olive Worthington.
11. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(c) Sweeping the floors.
(d) Checking the window locks.
12. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Three members of his crew.
(b) Wally's brother.
(c) Wally's uncle.
(d) Dr. Larch.
13. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally had his dog with him.
(b) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(c) Wally was taken prisoner.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
14. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His money.
(d) His draft card.
15. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Watch the sun set.
(b) Serve in the war.
(c) Fly to Israel.
(d) Fly to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
4. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)