|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(b) Mr. Rose.
(d) Ray Kendall.
2. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(b) Ollive Worthington.
(c) Dr. Larch.
3. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(c) Sweeping the floors.
(d) Checking the window locks.
4. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Nancy.
(d) Nurse Angela.
6. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A knife in her pocket.
(c) A sexually transmitted disease.
(d) Mental problems.
7. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Douglas Wells.
(b) Barney Wells.
(c) Robert Wells.
(d) Angel Wells.
8. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every five days.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every other week.
9. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The barracks.
(b) The cider house.
(c) Wally's room.
(d) The cellar.
10. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
11. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(b) St. Cloud's.
(c) Livermore Falls.
(d) Washington D.C.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
13. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Maine Fishing Company.
(b) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(c) Moose Haven Resort.
(d) Ocean's View Orchard.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(c) Marrying someone else.
(d) Trying to send a message.
15. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
2. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
3. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
5. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)