|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Ollive Worthington.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
2. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) They don't have enough gas to get there.
(c) They don't have enough apples.
(d) It is too hot.
3. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(d) St. Cloud's.
4. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Caroline.
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Nurse Angela.
5. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Duration and courage.
(b) Dilation and curettage.
(c) Duty and courage.
(d) Distribution and commerce.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
7. Who does Homer take to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Mary Agnes.
8. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Grace Lynch.
9. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) York Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) Three Lakes Farm.
(d) Rolling Hills Farm.
10. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
11. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Nurse Nancy.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
12. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 months.
13. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) Starting work early in the morning.
(b) The practicing of voodoo.
(c) The cleaning of equipment.
(d) Being on the tin roof.
14. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Every five days.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Three times a year.
15. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
2. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
3. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
4. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)