|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Olive Worthington.
3. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
(a) The neurological system.
(b) The female reproductive system.
(c) The war.
(d) Living in a big city.
4. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The cider house.
(b) Labor camp.
(c) The hay barn.
(d) Squatter's mansion.
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a rodeo.
(b) To a bowling alley.
(c) To a seafood restaurant.
(d) To the fair.
6. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(b) Wally was taken prisoner.
(c) Wally was heard calling for help.
(d) Wally had his dog with him.
7. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Nurse Angela.
8. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The cattle ranch.
(b) The bath houses.
(c) The shipyards.
(d) The cherry orchard.
9. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Mrs. Grogan.
10. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) Mr. Rose.
(c) Dr. Larch.
11. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) They don't have enough apples.
(c) It is too hot.
(d) They don't have enough gas to get there.
12. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Caroline.
13. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Duration and courage.
(b) Dilation and curettage.
(c) Duty and courage.
(d) Distribution and commerce.
14. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Training the pickers.
(b) Juicing the apples.
(c) Posting the cider house rules.
(d) Pruning the trees.
15. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Three members of his crew.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Wally's brother.
(d) Wally's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
2. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
3. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
5. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)