|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) An apology letter.
(b) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A gold necklace.
2. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Maine Fishing Company.
(b) Ocean's View Orchard.
(c) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(d) Moose Haven Resort.
3. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(c) Dr. Larch.
4. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mary Agnes.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Alice Bean.
5. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 weeks.
6. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
(a) Take a bath.
(c) Go running.
(d) Stand on her head.
7. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
8. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
9. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
(a) The start of World War I.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) The outbreak of the Vietnam War.
(d) The outbreak of the Korean War.
10. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(c) Gathering hay.
(d) Kitchen work.
11. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
12. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) A place she would like to visit.
(b) The war being over.
(c) Wally coming home.
(d) An upcoming election.
13. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Trying to send a message.
(b) Mortally wounded.
(d) Marrying someone else.
14. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(b) Mary Agnes.
15. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A racecar driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
2. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
3. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
4. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
5. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)