|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) Rolling Hills Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) York Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
2. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(d) Mr. Rose.
3. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Her pillowcase.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A potato sack.
(d) A bedsheet.
4. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each abortion.
(c) Each birth.
(d) Each orphan.
5. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The bath houses.
(b) The cattle ranch.
(c) The shipyards.
(d) The cherry orchard.
6. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
(a) Homer Wells.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) David Copperfield.
7. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Watch the sun set.
(b) Serve in the war.
(c) Fly to Israel.
(d) Fly to Africa.
8. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Dr. Larch.
9. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Always share Angel.
(b) Never tell Ray.
(c) Never tell Wally.
(d) Tell Wally immediately.
10. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
11. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(a) Kitchen work.
(c) Gathering hay.
12. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) The pickers.
13. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Ollive Worthington.
(d) Dr. Larch.
14. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Pruning the trees.
(b) Posting the cider house rules.
(c) Training the pickers.
(d) Juicing the apples.
15. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) Wally had his dog with him.
(c) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
2. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
3. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
4. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
5. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)