|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) A backpack.
(b) A potato sack.
(c) A bedsheet.
(d) Her pillowcase.
2. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(b) Ocean's View Orchard.
(c) Moose Haven Resort.
(d) Maine Fishing Company.
3. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
4. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(d) Mr. Rose.
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a bowling alley.
(b) To a rodeo.
(c) To a seafood restaurant.
(d) To the fair.
6. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Dilation and curettage.
(b) Duration and courage.
(c) Distribution and commerce.
(d) Duty and courage.
7. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) An abortion.
8. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Never tell Wally.
(b) Always share Angel.
(c) Tell Wally immediately.
(d) Never tell Ray.
9. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
10. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Nurse Edna.
11. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) Wally had his dog with him.
(c) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
12. The day after the movies is the day that what event takes place in Chapter 8?
(a) The outbreak of the Korean War.
(b) The start of World War I.
(c) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The outbreak of the Vietnam War.
13. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(c) Mary Agnes.
14. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(a) St. Cloud's.
15. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Teddy bear.
(b) Butter ball.
(d) Muffin man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
2. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
4. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
5. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)