|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
2. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 years.
4. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
5. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(b) Alice Bean.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Grace Lynch.
6. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(b) Trying to send a message.
(d) Marrying someone else.
8. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She won't be his widow.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is already married.
9. When Homer Wells receives his survey from the board, it is the same day what who arrives at the orchard in Chapter 7?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(d) The pickers.
10. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each birth.
(b) Each surgery.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each orphan.
11. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) The war being over.
(b) An upcoming election.
(c) Wally coming home.
(d) A place she would like to visit.
12. Who works as a plane spotter for two hours a day at her club in Chapter 8?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(b) Dr. Larch.
13. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has insomnia.
(b) He has a heart condition.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He has an ether addiction.
14. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
15. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(b) Doing the dishes.
(c) Sweeping the floors.
(d) Checking the window locks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
2. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
3. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
4. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)