|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) Ray Kendall's dock.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) The Worthington home.
(d) The cider house.
2. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
3. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) Grace Lynch.
(c) Olive Worthington.
4. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) The Attorney General.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The board of trustees.
5. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
6. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Mental problems.
(c) A knife in her pocket.
(d) A sexually transmitted disease.
7. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
(a) Ray Kendall.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
8. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Nancy.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Nurse Edna.
9. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In Wally's bedroom.
(b) In the Worthington home.
(c) At St. Cloud's.
(d) In the cider house.
10. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) His draft card.
(b) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
(c) His money.
(d) A love letter.
11. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) A backpack.
(b) Her pillowcase.
(c) A bedsheet.
(d) A potato sack.
12. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) Starting work early in the morning.
(b) The practicing of voodoo.
(c) The cleaning of equipment.
(d) Being on the tin roof.
13. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(b) Grace Lynch.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Olive Worthington.
14. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Teddy bear.
(b) Muffin man.
(c) Butter ball.
15. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Barney Wells.
(b) Robert Wells.
(c) Douglas Wells.
(d) Angel Wells.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
2. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
3. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
4. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
5. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)