|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Serve in the war.
(b) Fly to Africa.
(c) Fly to Israel.
(d) Watch the sun set.
2. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
3. Melony makes up a story about having what which keeps the men from bothering her in Chapter 7?
(a) A sexually transmitted disease.
(b) Mental problems.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife in her pocket.
4. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) David Copperfield.
6. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
(a) A tendril of Candy's pubic hair.
(b) A love letter.
(c) His money.
(d) His draft card.
7. Mary Agnes tells whom that she saw a van with the Ocean View orchard emblem on it in Chapter 8?
8. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
(a) The war being over.
(b) Wally coming home.
(c) A place she would like to visit.
(d) An upcoming election.
9. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A belt.
(c) An ax.
(d) A rake.
10. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each birth.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each orphan.
11. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Nurse Edna.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Melony and who are still a couple?
13. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(a) Gathering hay.
(b) Kitchen work.
14. Melony gives her lover a carton to give to Mrs. Grogan if she is alive containing what in Chapter 10?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A gold necklace.
(c) A jacket and the money Melony stole from Mrs. Grogan.
(d) An apology letter.
15. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
2. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
3. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
4. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Homer realize is in the workers' home with him when he masturbates in Chapter 6?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)