|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a rodeo.
(b) To the fair.
(c) To a seafood restaurant.
(d) To a bowling alley.
4. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Pruning the trees.
(b) Posting the cider house rules.
(c) Training the pickers.
(d) Juicing the apples.
5. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Ollive Worthington.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
6. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
7. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The cider house.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) Ray Kendall's dock.
(d) The Worthington home.
8. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Alice Bean.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
9. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Dr. Larch.
10. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
(d) Bipolar disorder.
11. In Chapter 8, when the apple picking season ends, the farmer asks Melony to stay on for what in Chapter 8?
(b) Kitchen work.
(d) Gathering hay.
12. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has an ether addiction.
(b) He has insomnia.
(c) He has a heart condition.
(d) He is a homosexual.
13. How old is Angel in Chapter 10?
14. Homer notices the majority of the cider house rules have to do with what in Chapter 7?
(a) Starting work early in the morning.
(b) The cleaning of equipment.
(c) Being on the tin roof.
(d) The practicing of voodoo.
15. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
2. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
3. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
4. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
5. What worker tells Melony she should give up on her boyfriend since he isn't worth it if he didn't tell Melony where he was in Chapter 7?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)