|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Mary Agnes.
2. In biology class in Chapter 8, Homer embarrasses his teacher by telling him he has what organs of the sheep and the rabbit mixed up?
3. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She won't be his widow.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A belt.
(b) A rake.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) An ax.
5. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Caroline.
6. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Douglas Wells.
(b) Robert Wells.
(c) Angel Wells.
(d) Barney Wells.
7. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A racecar driver.
8. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
9. The night before Wally comes home from the hospital in Chapter 10, Candy tells Homer that no matter what happens, they have to promise to do what?
(a) Never tell Wally.
(b) Always share Angel.
(c) Tell Wally immediately.
(d) Never tell Ray.
10. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
11. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Heart surgery.
12. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Pruning the trees.
(b) Posting the cider house rules.
(c) Juicing the apples.
(d) Training the pickers.
13. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(b) Wally was heard calling for help.
(c) Wally had his dog with him.
(d) Wally was taken prisoner.
14. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Nurse Edna.
15. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Nurse Edna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
2. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
4. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
5. Who shows up Ocean View asking for Homer in Chapter 10?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)