|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The cider house.
(b) The hay barn.
(c) Labor camp.
(d) Squatter's mansion.
2. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
(a) The barracks.
(b) Wally's room.
(c) The cider house.
(d) The cellar.
3. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(c) Wally had his dog with him.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
4. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
(b) Ollive Worthington.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Dr. Larch.
5. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Ray Kendall.
6. In Chapter 10, who has been trying to replace Dr. Larch at the orphanage?
(a) The Governor.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) The board of trustees.
7. What orphan from St. Cloud's did Melony once break her collarbone?
(d) Mary Agnes.
8. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each surgery.
(b) Each orphan.
(c) Each birth.
(d) Each abortion.
9. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(b) Dr. Larch.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
10. Homer drops Wally off at Candy's house so they can have a private night together, and Homer picks whom up for a night at the drive-in movie in Chapter 7?
11. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has an ether addiction.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He has a heart condition.
(d) He has insomnia.
12. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A racecar driver.
13. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Fly to Africa.
(b) Serve in the war.
(c) Watch the sun set.
(d) Fly to Israel.
14. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a bowling alley.
(b) To a rodeo.
(c) To a seafood restaurant.
(d) To the fair.
15. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
2. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
3. Dr. Larch goes out of his way to set up a P.O. Box for whom to receive his mail in Chapter 7?
4. Melony frames a newspaper article about what in Chapter 10?
5. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)