|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
2. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
(a) Fuzzy Stone.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
3. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(b) Livermore Falls.
(c) Washington D.C.
4. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
5. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A racecar driver.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
6. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) Dr. Larch.
7. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind to climb up on to the tin roof of the cider house in Chapter 7?
8. What did Olive Worthington die of in the novel?
9. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Moose Haven Resort.
(b) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
(c) Maine Fishing Company.
(d) Ocean's View Orchard.
10. When two men from the orchard run after her, Melony beats one of them up with her fists and feet and the other with what in Chapter 7?
(a) A rake.
(b) An ax.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A belt.
11. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
12. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Nancy.
13. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Three times a year.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Every five days.
14. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Grace Lynch.
15. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Mary Agnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch thinks Wally Senior has a neurological problem called what in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
3. Who writes a letter to Homer to tell him about his heart condition in Chapter 8?
4. Homer knows more than his biology teacher about what in Chapter 8?
5. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)