|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the abortion, who comes into the recovery room to be with Candy in Chapter 5?
2. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A small plane.
3. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
4. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Larch is in charge.
(b) She is there.
(c) She is alive.
(d) He is alive.
5. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Bible.
6. Who is looking out the window when the car drives by leaving with Homer in the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
7. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(b) Wally Worthington.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
8. When Homer turns to Gray's Anatomy for additional information on the fetus in Chapter 5, the fetus information is where in the book?
(a) The glossary.
(b) The intro.
(c) The middle.
(d) The end.
9. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Harvard Medical School.
(d) Exeter College.
10. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A banker.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A doctor.
11. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt the boy.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Not have the abortion.
(d) Have the abortion immediately.
12. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
13. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A saint.
14. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
15. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
3. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
4. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
5. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)