|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
2. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical report.
(b) A medical bill.
(c) A scalpel.
(d) A fetus.
3. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) David Copperfield.
4. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Exeter College.
5. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A mental disability.
(b) Bone spurs.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) A heart problem.
6. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(c) Heart disease.
7. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt a child.
(b) Deliver a baby.
(c) Make a donation.
(d) Have an abortion.
8. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend's father?
(a) Abraham Kendall.
(b) John Kendall.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) Clarence Kendall.
9. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cause miscarriages.
(b) Cure cancer.
(c) Relieve headaches.
(d) Induce sleep.
10. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
(a) Seaside Haven Orchard.
(b) Ocean's View Orchard.
(c) Rocky Coast Orchard.
(d) Atlantic Bounty Orchard.
11. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
(a) Anger problems.
(b) Heart condition.
(c) Math skills.
12. After the abortion, who comes into the recovery room to be with Candy in Chapter 5?
13. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
14. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) An abandoned logging town.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
15. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
3. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
4. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)