|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
2. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
3. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Induce sleep.
(b) Cause miscarriages.
(c) Relieve headaches.
(d) Cure cancer.
5. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
6. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
7. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) David Copperfield.
8. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
9. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(d) A heart attack.
10. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
(a) Cherry trees.
(c) Apple trees.
11. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
12. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(b) A carrier of a rare illness.
(d) A runaway.
13. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
14. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A type of rock.
(b) A tree.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bird of prey.
15. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
2. Homer packs his bag and says goodbye to the two nurses while Dr. Larch starts the autopsy on whom in Chapter 5?
3. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
4. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Wally learn he can take his fiance for an abortion in Chapter 4?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)