|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A banker.
(b) A drunk.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A preacher.
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A saint.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A lecher.
3. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Harrison Street.
(b) Adams Way.
(c) Lincoln Street.
(d) Washington Boulevard.
5. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) A record of who his real mother is.
(b) A movie of his birth.
(c) Birth certificate on file.
(d) Photographs of his parents.
6. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(b) Heart disease.
7. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(a) A carrier of a rare illness.
(d) A runaway.
8. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
9. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A night with a prostitute.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new car.
10. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
11. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Deliver a baby.
(b) Make a donation.
(c) Adopt a child.
(d) Have an abortion.
12. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
(a) Heart condition.
(b) Anger problems.
(c) Math skills.
13. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) David Copperfield.
14. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
15. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(b) In love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
3. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
4. When Homer says goodbye to Dr. Larch, they tell each other what for the first time in Chapter 5?
5. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)