|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A banker.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A doctor.
2. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) He enjoys the picture.
(b) He can't find her record.
(c) He wants to go for a walk.
(d) Dr. Larch is not gay.
3. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
4. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
(a) Behind a mirror.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) Behind a bookshelf.
(d) In a desk.
5. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
6. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Make a donation.
(b) Deliver a baby.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Adopt a child.
7. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
8. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In love with her.
(b) Abusing the orphans.
9. After the abortion, who comes into the recovery room to be with Candy in Chapter 5?
10. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A frog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stick.
11. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A medical bill.
(c) A medical report.
(d) A fetus.
12. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
13. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt the boy.
(b) Not have the abortion.
(c) Have the abortion immediately.
(d) Marry him.
14. When Wally asks some of the men working at his parents' orchard about abortion, one of the men tells him to talk to whom in Chapter 4?
(a) Mary Agnes.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
15. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer turns to Gray's Anatomy for additional information on the fetus in Chapter 5, the fetus information is where in the book?
2. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
3. Dr. Larch asks Homer to perform an autopsy on what in Chapter 5?
4. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
5. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)