|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wally learn he can take his fiance for an abortion in Chapter 4?
(a) Ocean's View Orchard.
(b) St. Cloud's.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) Anderson Hospital.
2. Homer packs his bag and says goodbye to the two nurses while Dr. Larch starts the autopsy on whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Rose.
(b) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(c) The stationmaster.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
3. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
5. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is no longer his assistant.
(b) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(c) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
(d) Get out.
6. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
(a) Cherry trees.
(b) Apple trees.
7. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A mental disability.
(b) A heart problem.
(c) Bone spurs.
(d) Bad vision.
8. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
(a) Tiffany Rogers.
(b) Becky Stewart.
(c) Alice Bean.
(d) Monica Williams.
9. Two boys from the orphanage playing outside fall over the dead and frozen body of whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) The stationmaster.
(d) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
10. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He never cries.
(c) He swears.
(d) He is silent.
11. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Beth.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Melissa.
(d) Nurse Angela.
12. Unknown to Dr. Larch, Melony, and Homer, who lay dead in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) The stationmaster.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Nurse Edna.
13. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
14. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
(a) Atlantic Bounty Orchard.
(b) Seaside Haven Orchard.
(c) Ocean's View Orchard.
(d) Rocky Coast Orchard.
15. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A scalpel.
(b) A medical report.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A medical bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
3. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
4. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
5. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)