|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) A local politician.
(b) The police captain.
(c) The President.
(d) An Army General.
2. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
3. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
(a) Lobsterman and mechanic.
(b) Sheriff and city councilman.
(c) Banker and investor.
(d) Capenter and drunk.
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) An abandoned logging town.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) A slow-paced retirement community.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
5. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) Photographs of his parents.
(b) A movie of his birth.
(c) A record of who his real mother is.
(d) Birth certificate on file.
6. Dr. Larch asks Homer to perform an autopsy on what in Chapter 5?
(a) A dead fetus.
(b) A horse.
(c) A teenage girl.
(d) An old man.
7. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Make her some tea.
(b) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(c) Call the nurses.
(d) Help her leave the building.
8. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(a) New York.
9. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Cambridge University.
10. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
(a) Atlantic Bounty Orchard.
(b) Rocky Coast Orchard.
(c) Seaside Haven Orchard.
(d) Ocean's View Orchard.
11. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
12. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
13. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she is misinformed.
(b) He falls in love with her.
(c) He finds her unattractive.
(d) He thinks she is arrogant.
14. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A night with a prostitute.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new car.
15. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) A severed artery.
(d) Head trauma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
2. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
3. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
4. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)