|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(a) New York.
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Beth.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Melissa.
3. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) He enjoys the picture.
(b) He can't find her record.
(c) Dr. Larch is not gay.
(d) He wants to go for a walk.
4. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is no longer his assistant.
(b) Get out.
(c) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(d) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
5. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Make a donation.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Deliver a baby.
(d) Adopt a child.
6. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A pony's genitals.
(c) A glass of beer.
(d) A man's chest.
7. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A saint.
(d) A lecher.
8. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
(a) Sheriff and city councilman.
(b) Capenter and drunk.
(c) Lobsterman and mechanic.
(d) Banker and investor.
9. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Cambridge University.
10. Unknown to Dr. Larch, Melony, and Homer, who lay dead in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) The stationmaster.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Nurse Angela.
11. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A crow.
12. When was John Irving born?
13. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
(c) Heart attack.
14. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
15. While Dr. Larch permits Homer to deliver babies, he doesn't allow Homer to do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Heart surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Perform abortions.
(d) Draw blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
2. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
3. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
4. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
5. Homer packs his bag and says goodbye to the two nurses while Dr. Larch starts the autopsy on whom in Chapter 5?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)