|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the abortion, who comes into the recovery room to be with Candy in Chapter 5?
2. Dr. Larch asks Homer to perform an autopsy on what in Chapter 5?
(a) A dead fetus.
(b) An old man.
(c) A horse.
(d) A teenage girl.
3. What medical reference book does Dr. Larch give to Homer to study?
(a) Gray's Anatomy.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) How to Perform Abortions.
(d) David Copperfield.
4. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Larch is not gay.
(b) He wants to go for a walk.
(c) He enjoys the picture.
(d) He can't find her record.
5. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A man's chest.
(b) A pony's genitals.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A glass of beer.
6. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A new car.
(c) A night with a prostitute.
(d) A watch.
7. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
8. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
9. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend's father?
(a) John Kendall.
(b) Ray Kendall.
(c) Clarence Kendall.
(d) Abraham Kendall.
10. In Chapter 5, the wind is picking up in St. Cloud's and awakens the stationmaster, who thinks it is what?
(a) Christmas Day..
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Judgment Day.
11. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rock.
(c) A stick.
(d) A frog.
12. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) An abandoned logging town.
(b) A bustling manufacturing city.
(c) A prosperous fishing village.
(d) A slow-paced retirement community.
13. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Beth.
(d) Nurse Angela.
14. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) She is there.
(b) He is alive.
(c) She is alive.
(d) Dr. Larch is in charge.
15. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Grogan.
(b) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Grace Lynch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
3. Unknown to Dr. Larch, Melony, and Homer, who lay dead in the woods in Chapter 5?
4. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
5. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)