|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
2. When Homer turns to Gray's Anatomy for additional information on the fetus in Chapter 5, the fetus information is where in the book?
(a) The middle.
(b) The end.
(c) The intro.
(d) The glossary.
3. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt the boy.
(b) Have the abortion immediately.
(c) Not have the abortion.
(d) Marry him.
4. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is no longer his assistant.
(b) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(c) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
(d) Get out.
5. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(b) Grey Rock.
(d) St. Cloud's.
6. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
(a) In a desk.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) Behind a bookshelf.
(d) Behind a mirror.
7. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Larch is in charge.
(b) He is alive.
(c) She is there.
(d) She is alive.
8. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend's father?
(a) Abraham Kendall.
(b) John Kendall.
(c) Ray Kendall.
(d) Clarence Kendall.
9. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
10. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
11. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
12. Wally keeps talking about what that the orphanage should plant on the hill in Chapter 5?
(c) Cherry trees.
(d) Apple trees.
13. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A man's chest.
(b) A pony's genitals.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A glass of beer.
14. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
15. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Relieve headaches.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Cause miscarriages.
(d) Cure cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
2. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
3. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
4. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
5. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)