|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what location does Melony purchase a train ticket after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Livermore Falls.
2. In Chapter 10, Homer has been running Ocean View, and he is now responsible for what?
(a) Training the pickers.
(b) Pruning the trees.
(c) Posting the cider house rules.
(d) Juicing the apples.
3. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
4. Who goes to the cider house to get Rose and the baby so that Rose can go to St. Cloud's for an abortion in Chapter 11?
5. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) An abortion.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Hand surgery.
(d) Heart surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
2. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
3. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
4. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)