|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer says goodbye to Dr. Larch, they tell each other what for the first time in Chapter 5?
(a) They love each other.
(b) Religious viewpoints.
(c) Hopes for the future.
(d) Stories from childhood.
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Beth.
(b) Nurse Melissa.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
3. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(b) Grace Lynch.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Mrs. Grogan.
4. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) Bone spurs.
(b) Bad vision.
(c) A mental disability.
(d) A heart problem.
5. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
(a) York Farm.
(b) Owl Farm.
(c) Rolling Hills Farm.
(d) Three Lakes Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Irving grow up?
2. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
3. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
4. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
5. When Homer opens his wallet in front of the movie theater, the wind blows out what in Chapter 8?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)