|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Wally is talking about how he wants to be a pilot so he can do what?
(a) Fly to Africa.
(b) Serve in the war.
(c) Fly to Israel.
(d) Watch the sun set.
2. What did Wally's mother change her first and last name to after marrying?
(a) Candice Worthington.
(b) Janice Worthington.
(c) Martha Worthington.
(d) Olive Worthington.
3. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
4. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Caroline.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Nurse Angela.
5. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Grace Lynch.
(d) Mrs. Grogan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Melony is she wants to see the new Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
3. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
4. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
5. Who goes to the cider house to get Rose and the baby so that Rose can go to St. Cloud's for an abortion in Chapter 11?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)