|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Nancy.
2. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) He thinks she is misinformed.
(b) He falls in love with her.
(c) He finds her unattractive.
(d) He thinks she is arrogant.
3. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(a) Heart disease.
4. When Melony gets to Bath, she finds a job working where in Chapter 8?
(a) The shipyards.
(b) The cherry orchard.
(c) The bath houses.
(d) The cattle ranch.
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(d) In love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
2. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
3. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
4. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
5. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)