|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two boys from the orphanage playing outside fall over the dead and frozen body of whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(d) The stationmaster.
2. Homer doesn't want to take whom to Bath to see the Fred Astaire movie in Chapter 8?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Dr. Larch.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
3. When the other workers leave for lunch, who stays behind, cleaning a big vat in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Debra Pettigrew.
(d) Grace Lynch.
4. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 years.
5. Where do Candy and Homer go to talk about the fact that they love each other in Chapter 8?
(a) The Worthington home.
(b) The skating rink.
(c) Ray Kendall's dock.
(d) The cider house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
3. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
4. Homer interviews under what name with the board to replace Dr. Larch in Chapter 11?
5. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)