|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Make her some tea.
(b) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(c) Call the nurses.
(d) Help her leave the building.
3. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
4. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A heart problem.
(b) Bone spurs.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) A mental disability.
5. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) The Bible.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jane Eyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
2. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
3. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
4. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
5. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)