|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. When Wally asks some of the men working at his parents' orchard about abortion, one of the men tells him to talk to whom in Chapter 4?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mary Agnes.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Debra Pettigrew.
3. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
(a) A severed artery.
(b) Head trauma.
(c) Heart attack.
4. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
(a) Heart attack.
5. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Beth.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the car pulls up to the cider house, who steps out in Chapter 11?
2. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
3. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
4. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
5. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)