|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Homer a letter to find out why he hasn't filled out his questionnaire yet in Chapter 8?
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Nurse Edna.
2. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
(b) Ray Kendall.
(d) Mr. Rose.
3. Who does Homer send to St. Cloud's to get a job "doing the Lord's work" in Chapter 10?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Nurse Caroline.
4. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A snake.
(b) A stick.
(c) A frog.
(d) A rock.
5. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) He finds her unattractive.
(b) He thinks she is misinformed.
(c) He thinks she is arrogant.
(d) He falls in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
2. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
3. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
4. Who writes Homer a letter, telling him that he needs to come and that St. Cloud's is where Homer can be of use in Chapter 11?
5. Who keeps honking the horn outside because he needs Homer's help to get his father out of trouble in town in Chapter 7?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)