|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Thanksgiving in Chapter 8, the Worthingtons are hosting the dinner, which includes Candy and whom?
(a) Dr. Larch.
(c) Mr. Rose.
(d) Ray Kendall.
2. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna's.
(b) Mrs. Grogan's.
(c) Olive Worthington's.
(d) Nurse Caroline's.
3. When Wally asks Candy to marry him, she says what in Chapter 8?
(a) She won't be his widow.
(c) She is already married.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
(a) Atlantic Bounty Orchard.
(b) Rocky Coast Orchard.
(c) Ocean's View Orchard.
(d) Seaside Haven Orchard.
5. Homer tells Dr. Larch about the trip to the apple orchard, saying he'll be gone how long in Chapter 5?
(a) A few days.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
2. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
3. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
4. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
5. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)