|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Exeter College.
2. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Harrison Street.
(b) Washington Boulevard.
(c) Lincoln Street.
(d) Adams Way.
3. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jane Eyre.
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(b) In love with her.
(c) Abusing the orphans.
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical report.
(b) A fetus.
(c) A medical bill.
(d) A scalpel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
2. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
3. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
4. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)