|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A heart problem.
(b) A mental disability.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) Bone spurs.
2. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Beth.
(d) Nurse Angela.
3. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A frog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A stick.
(d) A rock.
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Harrison Street.
(b) Lincoln Street.
(c) Washington Boulevard.
(d) Adams Way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
2. Dr. Larch tells Wally and Candy about Homer's what, in Chapter 5?
3. When Homer says goodbye to Dr. Larch, they tell each other what for the first time in Chapter 5?
4. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
5. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)