|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In love with her.
(d) Abusing the orphans.
2. In Chapter 5, Melony watches as a few women walk from the first train of the morning up to St. Cloud's and observes that the women that come on the morning train and leave on the afternoon train are different how?
(a) They walk differently.
(b) They are quieter.
(c) Their eyes look different.
(d) They are more cheerful.
3. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The Water-Method Man.
(b) Setting Free the Bears.
(c) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(d) The World According to Garp.
4. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
5. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
2. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
3. Dr. Larch asks Homer to perform an autopsy on what in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
5. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)