|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Caroline.
(d) The prostitute's daughter.
2. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) Setting Free the Bears.
(b) The Water-Method Man.
(c) The World According to Garp.
(d) The 158-Pound Marriage.
3. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
4. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(c) A heart attack.
5. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(c) Wally Worthington.
(d) Fuzzy Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
2. In what historical era does the story begin?
3. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
4. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, Melony watches as a few women walk from the first train of the morning up to St. Cloud's and observes that the women that come on the morning train and leave on the afternoon train are different how?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)