|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
2. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't find her record.
(b) He wants to go for a walk.
(c) Dr. Larch is not gay.
(d) He enjoys the picture.
3. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Deliver a baby.
(b) Adopt a child.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Make a donation.
4. Homer performs the autopsy and tells the doctor the cadaver died of what in Chapter 5?
(b) Head trauma.
(c) A severed artery.
(d) Heart attack.
5. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cure cancer.
(b) Cause miscarriages.
(c) Induce sleep.
(d) Relieve headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
2. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
3. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
4. When was John Irving born?
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)