|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Exeter, New Hampshire.
4. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A preacher.
5. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(b) Fuzzy Stone.
(c) Wally Worthington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what historical era does the story begin?
2. In Chapter 5, the wind is picking up in St. Cloud's and awakens the stationmaster, who thinks it is what?
3. How does Homer feel about Candy when he first meets her in Chapter 5?
4. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
5. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)