|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
2. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(c) Grey Rock.
3. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
(c) Fuzzy Stone.
(d) Wally Worthington.
4. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(c) New York.
5. The older of the two orphans think the couple is there to do what when Candy and Wally arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Adopt a child.
(b) Deliver a baby.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Make a donation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what historical era does the story begin?
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
4. Where did John Irving grow up?
5. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)