|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) A mental disability.
(b) A heart problem.
(c) Bone spurs.
(d) Bad vision.
2. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
3. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
4. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
5. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wally asks some of the men working at his parents' orchard about abortion, one of the men tells him to talk to whom in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
3. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
4. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
5. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)