|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A type of rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bird of prey.
2. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A small plane.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A crow.
3. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(a) A carrier of a rare illness.
(b) A runaway.
4. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
(a) Banker and investor.
(b) Sheriff and city councilman.
(c) Lobsterman and mechanic.
(d) Capenter and drunk.
5. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A night with a prostitute.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A new car.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)