|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
2. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Exeter College.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Washington Boulevard.
(b) Lincoln Street.
(c) Harrison Street.
(d) Adams Way.
4. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(c) Heart disease.
5. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
2. What did Wally's mother change her first and last name to after marrying?
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. While Dr. Larch permits Homer to deliver babies, he doesn't allow Homer to do what in Chapter 4?
5. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)