|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
2. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical bill.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A medical report.
(d) A fetus.
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(b) New York.
4. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A frog.
(b) A stick.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rock.
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A lecher.
(c) A saint.
(d) A martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
2. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
3. While Dr. Larch permits Homer to deliver babies, he doesn't allow Homer to do what in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
5. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)