|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Relieve headaches.
(b) Cause miscarriages.
(c) Cure cancer.
(d) Induce sleep.
2. What medical reference book does Dr. Larch give to Homer to study?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Gray's Anatomy.
(c) How to Perform Abortions.
(d) David Copperfield.
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Caroline.
(c) The prostitute's daughter.
(d) Nurse Edna.
5. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
2. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
3. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
4. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)