|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
3. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Make her some tea.
(b) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(c) Help her leave the building.
(d) Call the nurses.
4. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A type of rock.
(b) A fish.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bird of prey.
5. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Portland, Maine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
3. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
4. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
5. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)