|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) A record of who his real mother is.
(b) Photographs of his parents.
(c) Birth certificate on file.
(d) A movie of his birth.
2. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
3. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical report.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A medical bill.
(d) A fetus.
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(b) In love with her.
(d) Abusing the orphans.
5. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
4. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)