|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He never cries.
(c) He swears.
(d) He is silent.
2. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
3. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
4. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A new car.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A night with a prostitute.
5. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Exeter College.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
3. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
4. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)