|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
2. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
4. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Bible.
5. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
2. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
3. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
4. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)