|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
(a) Dr. Ray Kendall.
(b) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(c) Dr. Wally Richmond.
(d) Dr. Homer Wells.
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(b) Abusing the orphans.
(c) In love with her.
3. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
4. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A man's chest.
(b) A pony's genitals.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A glass of beer.
5. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
2. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
3. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
4. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
5. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)