|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(c) St. Cloud's.
(d) Grey Rock.
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
3. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
4. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) Behind a mirror.
(c) In a desk.
(d) Behind a bookshelf.
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The World According to Garp.
(b) Setting Free the Bears.
(c) The Water-Method Man.
(d) The 158-Pound Marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
2. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
3. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
4. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)