|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A hawk.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A crow.
(d) A small plane.
2. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) The President.
(b) A local politician.
(c) The police captain.
(d) An Army General.
3. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A pony's genitals.
(b) A man's chest.
(c) A glass of beer.
(d) A sandwich.
4. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Beth.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Melissa.
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A lecher.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
2. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
3. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
4. When was John Irving born?
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)