|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) Photographs of his parents.
(b) A movie of his birth.
(c) Birth certificate on file.
(d) A record of who his real mother is.
3. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
4. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(b) A heart attack.
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bird of prey.
(d) A type of rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
4. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)