|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
2. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
3. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A pony's genitals.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A glass of beer.
(d) A man's chest.
4. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A saint.
(c) A dictator.
(d) A lecher.
5. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is alive.
(b) She is alive.
(c) She is there.
(d) Dr. Larch is in charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Irving grow up?
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
3. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
4. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
5. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)