|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He swears.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He never cries.
2. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(b) Grace Lynch.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Mrs. Grogan.
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(c) New York.
4. In what historical era does the story begin?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
2. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
3. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
4. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)