|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cure cancer.
(b) Relieve headaches.
(c) Induce sleep.
(d) Cause miscarriages.
2. In what historical era does the story begin?
3. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
4. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
5. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(b) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
3. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
4. When was John Irving born?
5. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)