|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(b) Grey Rock.
2. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Exeter College.
3. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
4. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Beth.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Melissa.
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical bill.
(b) A medical report.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A scalpel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
2. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
3. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
4. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
5. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)