|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
3. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
4. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
5. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A small plane.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
2. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
3. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
4. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
5. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)