|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A bustling manufacturing city.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) An abandoned logging town.
(d) A slow-paced retirement community.
2. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(b) Abusing the orphans.
(c) In love with her.
3. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
5. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
(a) Get her some ether.
(b) Get her file from the orphanage office.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Stay at the orphanage forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
2. Where did John Irving grow up?
3. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
4. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
5. When was John Irving born?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)