|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A saint.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A dictator.
3. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Call the nurses.
(b) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(c) Help her leave the building.
(d) Make her some tea.
4. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The Bible.
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
3. When was John Irving born?
4. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)