|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
2. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A small plane.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A crow.
(d) A hawk.
3. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Washington Boulevard.
(b) Lincoln Street.
(c) Adams Way.
(d) Harrison Street.
4. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
5. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(b) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
(c) He is no longer his assistant.
(d) Get out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
2. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
3. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
4. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)