|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A type of rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bird of prey.
2. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A watch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A night with a prostitute.
(d) A plane ticket.
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
4. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The Water-Method Man.
(b) Setting Free the Bears.
(c) The World According to Garp.
(d) The 158-Pound Marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
2. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
3. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
4. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)