|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Beth.
(d) Nurse Melissa.
2. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
3. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) An Army General.
(b) The police captain.
(c) The President.
(d) A local politician.
4. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Portland, Maine.
5. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Exeter College.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
2. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
3. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
4. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
5. When was John Irving born?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)