|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(c) Grey Rock.
(d) St. Cloud's.
2. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is violent.
(b) He never cries.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He swears.
3. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
4. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Beth.
(d) Nurse Edna.
5. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
2. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
4. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
5. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)