|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(b) St. Cloud's.
(d) Grey Rock.
2. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Exeter College.
3. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A new car.
(c) A watch.
(d) A night with a prostitute.
4. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(c) Mrs. Grogan.
(d) Olive Worthington.
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)