|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
2. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A saint.
3. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) An abandoned logging town.
(b) A bustling manufacturing city.
(c) A prosperous fishing village.
(d) A slow-paced retirement community.
4. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) Setting Free the Bears.
(b) The Water-Method Man.
(c) The World According to Garp.
(d) The 158-Pound Marriage.
5. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
2. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
3. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)