|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Beth.
(b) Nurse Melissa.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Edna.
3. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Exeter College.
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cure cancer.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Relieve headaches.
(d) Cause miscarriages.
5. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
5. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)