|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(b) The World According to Garp.
(c) Setting Free the Bears.
(d) The Water-Method Man.
2. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He never cries.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He swears.
(d) He is silent.
3. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
4. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A banker.
(d) A doctor.
5. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
2. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
3. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
4. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
5. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)