|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what historical era does the story begin?
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Portland, Maine.
3. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A banker.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A doctor.
4. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
5. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
3. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
4. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)