|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Beth.
(b) Nurse Melissa.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Edna.
3. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
4. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A type of rock.
(b) A tree.
(c) A bird of prey.
(d) A fish.
5. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(c) Grey Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
2. When was John Irving born?
3. In what historical era does the story begin?
4. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)