|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) An abandoned logging town.
(c) A prosperous fishing village.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Beth.
3. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
4. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A saint.
(d) A lecher.
5. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(c) Grey Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
2. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
3. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
4. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
5. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)