|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A saint.
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Miami, Florida.
3. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Cambridge University.
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. In what historical era does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
2. When was John Irving born?
3. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
4. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
5. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)