|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Beth.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Angela.
3. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
4. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A bird of prey.
(b) A type of rock.
(c) A fish.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
2. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
3. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
5. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)