|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(c) Mrs. Grogan.
(d) Olive Worthington.
2. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(d) New York.
4. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) Grey Rock.
(b) St. Cloud's.
5. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He never cries.
(d) He swears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
2. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
3. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
4. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
5. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)