|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Olive Worthington.
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Grace Lynch.
2. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
(a) A medical report.
(b) A scalpel.
(c) A fetus.
(d) A medical bill.
3. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(c) A heart attack.
4. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He never cries.
(b) He swears.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He is silent.
5. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) A bustling manufacturing city.
(d) An abandoned logging town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
2. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
3. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
4. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)