|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Adams Way.
(b) Lincoln Street.
(c) Washington Boulevard.
(d) Harrison Street.
2. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
3. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
(a) Dr. Ray Kendall.
(b) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(c) Dr. Wally Richmond.
(d) Dr. Homer Wells.
4. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
5. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He never cries.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He swears.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
3. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)