|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Angela.
(c) Nurse Edna.
(d) Nurse Beth.
3. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cure cancer.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Relieve headaches.
(d) Cause miscarriages.
4. In Chapter 2, Dr. Larch returns to the hospital with a girl how old who is pregnant by her father?
5. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The World According to Garp.
(b) The Water-Method Man.
(c) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(d) Setting Free the Bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
2. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
3. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
4. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)