|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
(a) Dr. Homer Wells.
(b) Dr. Ray Kendall.
(c) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(d) Dr. Wally Richmond.
3. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) A record of who his real mother is.
(b) Photographs of his parents.
(c) Birth certificate on file.
(d) A movie of his birth.
4. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A saint.
5. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
2. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
3. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
4. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
5. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)