|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The 158-Pound Marriage.
(b) The World According to Garp.
(c) The Water-Method Man.
(d) Setting Free the Bears.
3. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(b) A heart attack.
4. In what historical era does the story begin?
5. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) An Army General.
(b) The President.
(c) A local politician.
(d) The police captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
2. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
3. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)