|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A snake.
(b) A frog.
(c) A stick.
(d) A rock.
2. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Trying to send a message.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Marrying someone else.
4. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Olive Worthington.
5. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
2. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
3. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
4. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, Melony watches as a few women walk from the first train of the morning up to St. Cloud's and observes that the women that come on the morning train and leave on the afternoon train are different how?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)