|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A fish.
(b) A type of rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bird of prey.
2. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
(a) St. Cloud's.
(d) Grey Rock.
3. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, Wally talks about being what?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A racecar driver.
5. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
Short Answer Questions
1. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
2. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
4. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
5. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)