|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
2. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
(a) He enjoys the picture.
(b) Dr. Larch is not gay.
(c) He wants to go for a walk.
(d) He can't find her record.
3. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Douglas Wells.
(b) Robert Wells.
(c) Angel Wells.
(d) Barney Wells.
4. The night before Wally goes back to college, he takes Homer where?
(a) To a rodeo.
(b) To a seafood restaurant.
(c) To a bowling alley.
(d) To the fair.
5. Chapter 10 begins how many years later than Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
2. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
3. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
4. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
5. In Chapter 5, Melony watches as a few women walk from the first train of the morning up to St. Cloud's and observes that the women that come on the morning train and leave on the afternoon train are different how?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)