|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna's.
(b) Olive Worthington's.
(c) Nurse Caroline's.
(d) Mrs. Grogan's.
2. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Mary Agnes.
(d) Dr. Larch.
3. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(c) In love with her.
4. What did Wally's mother change her first and last name to after marrying?
(a) Janice Worthington.
(b) Martha Worthington.
(c) Candice Worthington.
(d) Olive Worthington.
5. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A banker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
3. When Homer turns to Gray's Anatomy for additional information on the fetus in Chapter 5, the fetus information is where in the book?
4. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
5. When Wally sees Candy with the younger boy in her lap, he begs her to do what in Chapter 5?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)