|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) A bustling manufacturing city.
(c) An abandoned logging town.
(d) A prosperous fishing village.
2. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
3. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
4. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cause miscarriages.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Relieve headaches.
(d) Cure cancer.
5. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The World According to Garp" published?
2. Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4 is the daughter of the local what?
3. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
4. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
5. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)