|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. The autopsy reveals that the prostitute to whom Dr. Larch lost his virginity to died of what in Chapter 2?
(b) A heart attack.
3. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
4. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(c) Mrs. Grogan.
(d) Olive Worthington.
5. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
(a) A saint.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A lecher.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
3. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
4. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
5. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)