|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. As a graduation gift from high school, Wilbur's father bought him what?
(a) A watch.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A night with a prostitute.
(d) A new car.
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(d) Bangor, Maine.
4. While Dr. Larch permits Homer to deliver babies, he doesn't allow Homer to do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Draw blood.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Perform abortions.
5. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Mrs. Grogan.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Olive Worthington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
4. Which nurse is in love with the doctor at the orphanage?
5. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)