|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A banker.
2. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) A prosperous fishing village.
(c) An abandoned logging town.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
3. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
(a) Monica Williams.
(b) Tiffany Rogers.
(c) Alice Bean.
(d) Becky Stewart.
4. What was the name of John Irving's first novel?
(a) The World According to Garp.
(b) Setting Free the Bears.
(c) The Water-Method Man.
(d) The 158-Pound Marriage.
5. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wilbur Larch attend medical school?
2. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
3. While Dr. Larch permits Homer to deliver babies, he doesn't allow Homer to do what in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
5. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)