|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Melissa.
(c) Nurse Beth.
(d) Nurse Edna.
3. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
4. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A stick.
(b) A frog.
(c) A rock.
(d) A snake.
5. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) Behind a bookshelf.
(c) Behind a mirror.
(d) In a desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
2. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
3. What drug did Wilbur Larch begin taking regularly while in medical school?
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. Where did John Irving grow up?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)