|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur Larch was born in what era?
2. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
(b) Heart attack.
3. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In love with her.
(d) Abusing the orphans.
5. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(d) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
4. In what historical era does the story begin?
5. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)