|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(b) Call the nurses.
(c) Help her leave the building.
(d) Make her some tea.
2. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
3. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
4. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
(a) A pony's genitals.
(b) A man's chest.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A glass of beer.
5. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was John Irving born?
2. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
3. What medical reference book does Dr. Larch give to Homer to study?
4. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
5. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)