|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
2. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Lincoln Street.
(b) Washington Boulevard.
(c) Adams Way.
(d) Harrison Street.
3. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) She is alive.
(b) He is alive.
(c) She is there.
(d) Dr. Larch is in charge.
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In love with her.
(d) Abusing the orphans.
5. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A prosperous fishing village.
(b) An abandoned logging town.
(c) A slow-paced retirement community.
(d) A bustling manufacturing city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Homer name the baby he delivers in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Wally learn he can take his fiance for an abortion in Chapter 4?
3. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
4. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
5. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)