|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A slow-paced retirement community.
(b) A bustling manufacturing city.
(c) A prosperous fishing village.
(d) An abandoned logging town.
2. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Harvard Medical School.
(d) Exeter College.
3. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
5. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He never cries.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He swears.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
2. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
3. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend's father?
4. When Homer is how old does Dr. Larch assign him to read to the girls at the orphanage?
5. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)