|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He swears.
(c) He never cries.
(d) He is violent.
2. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
3. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
4. In addition to being a drunk and unbeknownst to him and his family, Wally Worthing Senior has what disease?
(c) Heart disease.
5. The nurses keep mentioning in the novel that the doctor is named after what?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bird of prey.
(c) A type of rock.
(d) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
2. What orphan from the orphanage had respiratory problems causing him/her to sleep in a special tent to help with breathing?
3. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
4. In what state is "The Cider House Rules" set?
5. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)