|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
2. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
(a) A drunk.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A preacher.
3. Who is one of the nurses who works in the boys' division of the hospital orphanage and who tries to never repeat names when naming the babies?
(a) Nurse Melissa.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) Nurse Angela.
(d) Nurse Beth.
4. How many of John Irving's novels have been adapted to film?
5. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
(a) Bone spurs.
(b) A heart problem.
(c) Bad vision.
(d) A mental disability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical reference book does Dr. Larch give to Homer to study?
2. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
3. What do the nurses at the orphanage refer to the doctor as?
4. Where does Wally learn he can take his fiance for an abortion in Chapter 4?
5. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)