|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Grey's Anatomy.
(d) The Bible.
2. What is the name of Wally's girlfriend's father?
(a) Abraham Kendall.
(b) Ray Kendall.
(c) John Kendall.
(d) Clarence Kendall.
3. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
(a) A local politician.
(b) An Army General.
(c) The President.
(d) The police captain.
4. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
(d) Heart attack.
5. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) A frog.
(b) A rock.
(c) A snake.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
2. Dr. Larch applies for an obstetrics position in his home town of what in Chapter 2?
3. When was John Irving born?
4. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
5. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)