|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman from a high-society family in Boston invites Dr. Larch to a croquet party in Chapter 2?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Olive Worthington.
(c) Mrs. Grogan.
(d) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
2. What is the birth name of Wally's mother in the novel?
(a) Tiffany Rogers.
(b) Becky Stewart.
(c) Monica Williams.
(d) Alice Bean.
3. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Cause miscarriages.
(b) Relieve headaches.
(c) Cure cancer.
(d) Induce sleep.
4. In Chapter 2, the author describes a place off what street that performs the illegal abortions without a medical doctor?
(a) Adams Way.
(b) Harrison Street.
(c) Lincoln Street.
(d) Washington Boulevard.
5. When did John Irving win the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for his script "The Cider House Rules"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, a pregnant woman comes to St. Cloud's and collapses in the dispensary from what?
3. Wilbur Larch's father is described as having been what?
4. What is the name of the city where the orphanage is in "The Cider House Rules"?
5. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)