|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer's first foster family returns him to the orphanage because of what reason?
(a) He swears.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is violent.
(d) He never cries.
2. What did Wally's mother change her first and last name to after marrying?
(a) Martha Worthington.
(b) Candice Worthington.
(c) Olive Worthington.
(d) Janice Worthington.
3. In Chapter 4, Homer and Melony are close to how old?
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
5. Where did John Irving grow up?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Exeter, New Hampshire.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
2. Who is the founder and doctor of the hospital who runs the orphanage in the novel?
3. Dr. Larch is surprised to see that the woman in the pornographic photo is whom in Chapter 3?
4. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
5. The third family that adopts Homer does so when he is how old?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)