|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Homer's last name in the novel?
2. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(b) A carrier of a rare illness.
(c) A runaway.
3. What college did Wilbur Larch attend for his undergraduate degree?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) Exeter College.
(d) Bowdoin College.
4. The town in which the orphanage is set is described as what?
(a) A prosperous fishing village.
(b) A bustling manufacturing city.
(c) An abandoned logging town.
(d) A slow-paced retirement community.
5. What is the name of the apple orchard that Wally Worthington Senior owns?
(a) Seaside Haven Orchard.
(b) Atlantic Bounty Orchard.
(c) Ocean's View Orchard.
(d) Rocky Coast Orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
2. When Wally asks some of the men working at his parents' orchard about abortion, one of the men tells him to talk to whom in Chapter 4?
3. Wilbur Larch's mother worked for whom?
4. What did Wilbur Larch contract as a result of his father's graduation gift?
5. When Homer reaches what age do the doctor and nurses fear he will learn about the abortions in Chapter 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)