|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Larch is in charge.
(b) He is alive.
(c) She is there.
(d) She is alive.
2. Two boys from the orphanage playing outside fall over the dead and frozen body of whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Caroline.
(b) Dr. Wilbur Larch.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) The stationmaster.
3. In Chapter 5, the wind is picking up in St. Cloud's and awakens the stationmaster, who thinks it is what?
(b) Christmas Day..
(c) Judgment Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
4. In response to the request of the new board members, Dr. Larch starts writing follow-up descriptions for what in Chapter 7?
(a) Each birth.
(b) Each surgery.
(c) Each abortion.
(d) Each orphan.
5. After the prostitute dies, her daughter comes to see Dr. Larch and hands him a brown bottle that contains a solution promising to do what in Chapter 2?
(a) Relieve headaches.
(b) Induce sleep.
(c) Cure cancer.
(d) Cause miscarriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer discovers the abortions that take place at the orphanage when he discovers what in a wastebasket?
2. In Chapter 4, Dr. Larch goes into Homer's history and writes it as if Homer has what to keep Homer from being drafted into the war?
3. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Larch delivers babies where?
4. Homer sends a note to Melony to tell her what when he goes to read for the girls in Chapter 3?
5. What medical reference book does Dr. Larch give to Homer to study?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)