|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unknown to Dr. Larch, Melony, and Homer, who lay dead in the woods in Chapter 5?
(a) Nurse Angela.
(b) Nurse Edna.
(c) The stationmaster.
(d) Olive Worthington.
2. Dr. Larch begins going around now and doing what each night in Chapter 7?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Kissing the boys goodnight.
(c) Sweeping the floors.
(d) Checking the window locks.
3. When one of the orphans dies, Dr. Larch writes a history about the child being what?
(a) A runaway.
(d) A carrier of a rare illness.
4. What is the name of the daughter that a high-society woman wants Dr. Larch to perform an abortion on in Chapter 2?
5. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
(a) Grey's Anatomy.
(b) David Copperfield.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the summer ends and Wally prepares to go back to college, Olive offers Homer an opportunity to stay where?
2. What kind of car does Wally's father own in the novel?
3. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
4. When Homer asks some of the women workers about the cider house rules, they explain that who writes the rules every year?
5. The foreman at what farm sees that Melony picks apples well and tells her to come back in three weeks when the season starts, so she can work for him in Chapter 7?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)