|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Brain surgery.
2. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In Wally's bedroom.
(b) In the cider house.
(c) At St. Cloud's.
(d) In the Worthington home.
4. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Muffin man.
(b) Teddy bear.
(d) Butter ball.
5. What does Homer tell Candy to do to avoid getting pregnant after they make love for the first time?
(a) Take a bath.
(c) Stand on her head.
(d) Go running.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
2. During the war, Candy and Homer work as nurses' aides at the local hospital and one of the nurses they meet there is whom?
3. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
4. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)