|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
(a) A movie of his birth.
(b) Photographs of his parents.
(c) A record of who his real mother is.
(d) Birth certificate on file.
2. Two weeks after Wally's plane goes down, the Army Air Force visits Olive to tell her that it's a good sign that what happened?
(a) Wally was taken prisoner.
(b) Wally had his dog with him.
(c) The plane didn't explode in the air.
(d) Wally was heard calling for help.
3. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(b) In love with her.
4. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
(a) The hay barn.
(b) Labor camp.
(c) The cider house.
(d) Squatter's mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony picks up what while she and Homer are hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings by the river in Chapter 3?
2. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
4. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
5. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)