|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It takes how long for Homer to write his first letter to Dr. Larch after leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 months.
2. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Edna.
(b) Nurse Caroline.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Nurse Angela.
3. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) They don't have enough gas to get there.
(c) They don't have enough apples.
(d) It is too hot.
4. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Abusing the orphans.
(c) In love with her.
5. Homer keeps the photograph shown to him by Melony hidden where in Chapter 3?
(a) Behind a mirror.
(b) Behind a bookshelf.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In a desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony tells Homer in Chapter 3 that if Homer was born at the orphanage, then there is what?
2. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
3. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
4. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
5. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)