|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) A bedsheet.
(b) Her pillowcase.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A potato sack.
2. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
(a) In Wally's bedroom.
(b) In the cider house.
(c) In the Worthington home.
(d) At St. Cloud's.
3. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Barney Wells.
(b) Angel Wells.
(c) Douglas Wells.
(d) Robert Wells.
4. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(d) St. Cloud's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is addicted to what in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
4. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
5. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)