|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Call the nurses.
(b) Help her leave the building.
(c) Make her some tea.
(d) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
2. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Grogan's.
(b) Nurse Caroline's.
(c) Olive Worthington's.
(d) Nurse Edna's.
3. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has insomnia.
(b) He has a heart condition.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He has an ether addiction.
4. When a woman whose husband died in the war comes to the hospital in Chapter 9, Homer passes the nurse a note to give to the woman that tells her to go where?
(b) St. Cloud's.
5. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Wally's brother.
(b) Wally's uncle.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Three members of his crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. The apple pickers are not staying in the cider house because of what reason in Chapter 9?
2. What is the book that Dr. Larch chooses for Homer to read to the girls at the orphanage?
3. When Homer is gone for three weeks, Dr. Larch says he doesn't care about who does what, so who starts reading to the boy orphans in Chapter 6?
4. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
5. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)