|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) A bedsheet.
(b) A potato sack.
(c) A backpack.
(d) Her pillowcase.
2. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
(a) Get her file from the orphanage office.
(b) Get her some ether.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Stay at the orphanage forever.
3. When Homer sneaks into the baby room in Chapter 3, he finds one of the expectant mothers standing there who asks him to do what?
(a) Sleep with his hand and ear on her belly.
(b) Help her leave the building.
(c) Make her some tea.
(d) Call the nurses.
4. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Grace Lynch.
(b) Debra Pettigrew.
(c) Mrs. Channing-Peabody.
(d) Olive Worthington.
5. What does D and C stand for?
(a) Distribution and commerce.
(b) Duration and courage.
(c) Dilation and curettage.
(d) Duty and courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home on Ocean's View Orchard where the workers live during the harvest season?
2. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
3. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
4. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
5. When Chapter 6 begins, Homer has been away from St. Cloud's for how long?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)