|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
(a) Hand surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Brain surgery.
2. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline's.
(b) Mrs. Grogan's.
(c) Olive Worthington's.
(d) Nurse Edna's.
3. Melony tells Homer that she will do to him what the woman is doing in the picture if he will do what in Chapter 3?
(a) Stay at the orphanage forever.
(b) Get her some ether.
(c) Get her file from the orphanage office.
(d) Run away with her.
4. As Melony boards the train in Chapter 6, she remembers reading on the emblem of Wally's car which said what?
(a) Maine Fishing Company.
(b) Moose Haven Resort.
(c) Ocean's View Orchard.
(d) Captain Teddy's Lobster.
5. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Jane Eyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
2. Who sends a sizable donation to the orphanage in Chapter 6?
3. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)