|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, one of the orchard workers has dreams about Wally, which she takes as a sign that Wally is what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(c) Marrying someone else.
(d) Trying to send a message.
2. From whose coat does Melony steal money before leaving the orphanage in Chapter 6?
(a) Nurse Caroline's.
(b) Nurse Edna's.
(c) Mrs. Grogan's.
(d) Olive Worthington's.
3. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfield.
(d) Grey's Anatomy.
4. In Chapter 6, Dr. Larch writes a letter to tell Homer that Melony left the orphanage and that she took with her the only copy of what book?
(a) David Copperfield.
(b) Grey's Anatomy.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Jane Eyre.
5. Two months after Wally's plane goes down, who returns home in Chapter 3?
(a) Wally's brother.
(b) Three members of his crew.
(c) Dr. Larch.
(d) Wally's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what age is Homer learning to be a doctor, seen a live birth, learned how to perform abortions, and having routine sex with Melony in Chapter 3?
2. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
3. What does Melony pack her belongings in when she leaves the orphanage in Chapter 6?
4. Where do Candy and Homer make love for the first time?
5. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)