|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
(a) Barney Wells.
(b) Angel Wells.
(c) Robert Wells.
(d) Douglas Wells.
2. When Dr. Larch catches Homer searching his office, Dr. Larch tells Homer what in Chapter 3?
(a) Get out.
(b) He doesn't keep records of the biological mothers.
(c) He is no longer his assistant.
(d) He is not allowed to view the mother's files.
3. Dr. Larch writes a letter back after receiving a donation to the orphanage revealing what about Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) He has insomnia.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He has an ether addiction.
(d) He has a heart condition.
4. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Three times a year.
(b) Every five days.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Once a year.
5. Melony suggests to Homer that Dr. Larch is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In love with her.
(d) Abusing the orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
2. When Homer reaches the town where Candy and Wally live, Homer takes to spending time with whom on his boat?
3. In Chapter 3, Dr. Larch makes it Homer's responsibility to read to the orphans for how long each night?
4. Olive and Candy think Wally is alive, but Ray and who think he is dead in the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Melony leads Homer to a picture on the wall where a woman is putting her mouth on what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)