|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Melony makes Homer promise that he will stay at the orphanage as long as what in Chapter 3?
(a) He is alive.
(b) She is alive.
(c) Dr. Larch is in charge.
(d) She is there.
2. After his first letter to Dr. Larch, Homer writes home about how often in Chapter 6?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Three times a year.
(d) Every five days.
3. Who is reading to the girl orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What do Melony and Homer see flying in the air by the river in Chapter 3?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A crow.
(c) A small plane.
(d) A hawk.
5. By what nickname does Melony think of Homer in Chapter 6?
(a) Muffin man.
(b) Teddy bear.
(d) Butter ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name do Candy and Homer give to the child they have in the novel?
2. A woman whose husband died in the war comes into the hospital for what in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 3, the first book Homer reads to the boys is what?
4. Wally and Candy double date with Homer and whom in Chapter 6?
5. Who is reading to the boy orphans at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)