|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Adam when he learns of Sam Cayhall's existence, after his father's death?
2. What is the name of the reporter that Sam agrees to meet with 'off the record'?
(a) Marvin Kramer.
(b) Evelyn Hall.
(c) Daniel Rosen.
(d) Todd Marks.
3. 'Lifted the stay' refers to nothing remaining in the way of what?
4. David McAllister wishes to speak to Adam about the possibility of _____________ with Sam's case.
5. When does Adam file the petition about the gas chamber in court?
(a) Monday afternoon.
(b) Tuesday morning.
(c) Tuesday afternoon.
(d) Monday morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee do for a living?
2. Who is considered a legend by the media?
3. Sam is considered what on death row?
4. Although they can't see each other, all of the inmates on death row pass what?
5. When Kramer returns from schooling, who does he represent as a lawyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only person who can truly stop Sam's execution, where is he located, and how can he stop the execution?
2. How is Adam Hall related to Sam Cayhall?
3. What is Adam wanting to see Sam for?
4. Who is the child of Lee and Phelps Booth? Describe his childhood.
5. Describe Marvin Kramer's life after the bomb blast.
6. Detail the history of Sam Cayhall and the law firm of Kravitz and Bane.
7. Garner Goodman meets Adam when he returns to his office. What do they meet about?
8. How is Sam 'seen' on death row by the other inmates?
9. How does Adam handle the press?
10. At the meeting with Adam and Sam, Adam thinks aloud about his father and this sparks an interest in Sam. Why did the mention of Eddie, Adam's father and Sam's son, arouse curiosity in Sam?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)