|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He was passed out in the alley.
2. What odd thing occurs with Koko back in the new apartment?
(a) He climbs the bookshelves.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He fights with Yum Yum.
(d) He knocks over a lamp.
3. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Iris Cobb.
(d) Andy Glanz.
4. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A broken chandelier.
(b) A missing rung on the ladder.
(c) The placement of the finial.
(d) No blood on the floor.
5. What is Mary's explanation for the call taken by Qwilleran?
(a) That bad weather messed up the lines.
(b) That the caller probably thought it was a wrong number.
(c) That the phone lines in Junktown are bad.
(d) That Qwilleran took too long to get to the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
2. What does Qwilleran feed his Siamese cats he brought from the Press Club?
3. What does Qwilleran dream about after his visit with Miss Duckworth?
4. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
5. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the apartment like that Iris shows Qwilleran?
2. What information bombshell does Sylvia Katzenhide inadvertently drop when Qwilleran calls on her?
3. Why does Qwilleran finally get around to hanging the Mackintosh coat of arms, and who comes to help him do it?
4. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
5. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
6. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
7. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
8. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
9. Discuss Mary Duxbury aka Mary Duckworth as a character.
10. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)