|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime does Qwilleran try to solve?
(a) The drug dealing in Junktown.
(b) The disappearing MacIntosh Arms.
(c) The death of a respected antiques dealer.
(d) The murder of Koko and Yum Yum.
2. Who the Mathilda that Iris tells Qwilleran about?
(a) The ghost in her house.
(b) Another of the junk dealers.
(c) A woman involved in witchcraft.
(d) A vagabond woman in the neighborhood.
3. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The police are questioning people.
(b) The stores are all closed.
(c) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
4. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
(a) C. C. has moved out.
(b) C.C. did not come home.
(c) Miss Duckworth has been attacked.
(d) The cats are disturbing her.
5. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
(a) Andy had reported him to the police.
(b) Andy had fired him.
(c) Andy knew his antiques were fake.
(d) Andy has stolen from Russell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
2. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
3. What is the surprising purchase made by C. C. Cobb at the auction?
4. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
5. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
2. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
3. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
4. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
5. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
6. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
7. What does Qwilleran learn about a tape recorded while having dinner with Iris and C. C.?
8. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
9. What questions are raised in the mind of the reader when the Mackintosh Coat of Arms is introduced?
10. What is Riker's advice to Qwilleran after he tells the editor about the mysterious circumstances surrounding Andy's death?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)