|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Qwilleran disappointed before dinner after returning from Nicolas's shop?
(a) He has received no mail.
(b) He cannot find Koko and Yum Yum.
(c) He cannot find anyone to go with him to the Press Club.
(d) There is nothing to eat in his flat.
2. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
(a) Tthat he was young and attractive.
(b) That he was middle-aged and disagreeable.
(c) That he was homely but generous.
(d) That he was an alcoholic.
3. Who deos Qwilleran find at the house on the end of the street?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) C. C. Cobb.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
4. With what is Miss Duckworth frustrated?
(a) With getting respect from the civic government.
(b) With being suspected of murder.
(c) With the gossip surrounding her and Glanz.
(d) Wth the nosiness of the neighbors.
5. What does Qwilleran discover when he returns to his apartment after dinner?
(a) Ben Nicolas waiting for him.
(b) A note pinned to his door.
(c) The cats are missing again.
(d) Evidence that someone was in there.
Short Answer Questions
1. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
2. How is Russell Patch's story different from Miss Duckworth's?
3. Who does Qwilleran tell about the mystery surrounding Glanz' death?
4. Where is Iris Cobb's apartment she offers Qwilleran?
5. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
2. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
3. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
4. Discuss Mary Duxbury aka Mary Duckworth as a character.
5. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
6. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
7. How does Yum Yum contribute to the mystery?
8. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
9. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
10. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)