|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) On top of the roof.
(b) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(c) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(d) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
2. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
(a) For disturbing the peace.
(b) For gambling.
(c) For looting an abandoned house.
(d) For attempted arson.
3. What crime does Qwilleran try to solve?
(a) The death of a respected antiques dealer.
(b) The murder of Koko and Yum Yum.
(c) The drug dealing in Junktown.
(d) The disappearing MacIntosh Arms.
4. What does everyone notice about C. C. Cobb's personality?
(a) He is jolly.
(b) He is abrasive.
(c) He is reclusive.
(d) He is conciliatory.
5. How is Iris helpful to Qwilleran at the auction?
(a) She identifies several people from Junktown.
(b) Sshe tells him about the history of Junktown.
(c) She invites him to dinner.
(d) She confides that Glanz was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
2. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
3. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
4. What is the gossip about the finial?
5. How do Qwilleran's words and manner affect Miss Duckworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
2. What does Riker tell Qwilleran about his writing when Qwilleran drops in at the Fluxion office?
3. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
4. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
5. Why does Qwilleran finally get around to hanging the Mackintosh coat of arms, and who comes to help him do it?
6. What other mystery does Koko uncover at the end of the novel?
7. What was C. C. supposedly looking for in the Ellsworth house?
8. In what way is Mary Duxbury (aka Mary Duckworth) a typical femme fatale in the novel?
9. Why does Iris not buy the police explanation of what happened?
10. Explain who Qwilleran suspects of having gone to the Ellsworth House.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)