|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
(a) Falling onto a sarcophagus.
(b) Falling onto a fireplace.
(c) Falling onto a finial.
(d) Falling onto a spear.
2. What remark of Qwilleran's makes Mary uncomfortable?
(a) That Andy could not have fallen from the ladder.
(b) That she should not have gone to Andy's shop.
(c) That Andy probably had it coming to him.
(d) That Andy might have been murdered.
3. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Andrew Glanz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
4. How does locating Koko give Qwilleran pause to reflect on the death of Glanz?
(a) It makes him think he has overlooked something.
(b) It makes him wonder about C. C. Cobb.
(c) It makes him think something is not quite right.
(d) It makes him think about Miss Duckworth's eyes.
5. What is scheduled to take place the afternoon Qwilleran arrives in Junktown?
(a) A police review of the death of Glanz.
(b) A town meeting to decide the fate of Junktown.
(c) Junktown block party.
(d) An auction of Glanz's merchandise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
2. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
3. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
4. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
5. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
2. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
3. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
4. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
5. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
6. What does Qwilleran learn about a tape recorded while having dinner with Iris and C. C.?
7. After feeding the cats, what disappoints Qwilleran?
8. Discuss the relationship between Qwilleran and his cats.
9. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
10. What have the policemen concluded about Andy's death?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)