|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Daily Fluxion?
(a) The changing tides.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) An eccentric clock.
(d) An antique magazine.
2. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(b) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(c) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(d) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
3. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was actually gay.
(b) He was married.
(c) He was also involved with someone else.
(d) He was a serial womanizer.
4. What does Iris suggest some people disliked about Glanz?
(a) His cheating the clients with fake antiques.
(b) His high commitment to professional integrity.
(c) His philandering.
(d) His snobbery and reclusiveness.
5. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
(a) The cats are disturbing her.
(b) Miss Duckworth has been attacked.
(c) C.C. did not come home.
(d) C. C. has moved out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's explanation for the call taken by Qwilleran?
2. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
3. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
4. What does Iris tell Qwilleran about the ghost, Mathilda?
5. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
2. How does the author use conversation at the auction to introduce the main complications of the plot?
3. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
4. How does Yum Yum contribute to the mystery?
5. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
6. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
7. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
8. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
9. What information bombshell does Sylvia Katzenhide inadvertently drop when Qwilleran calls on her?
10. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)