|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
(a) The dead dealer Andrew Glanz.
(b) Glanz's lover, Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) The owner of The Junkery.
(d) The likely suspect, C. C. Cobb.
2. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) The Opium Inn.
(b) Blue Dragon Antiques.
(c) Too Good to be Threw.
(d) Cobb House Junk.
3. What happens to the drunk Qwilleran saw when he arrived in Junktown?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was passed out in the alley.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He was murdered.
4. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(b) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(c) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(d) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
5. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Arch Riker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scheduled to take place the afternoon Qwilleran arrives in Junktown?
2. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
3. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
4. What was the bad feeling between Andy Glanz and Russell Patch?
5. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
2. What is Riker's advice to Qwilleran after he tells the editor about the mysterious circumstances surrounding Andy's death?
3. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
4. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
5. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
6. What does Qwilleran learn about a tape recorded while having dinner with Iris and C. C.?
7. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
8. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
9. What questions are raised in the mind of the reader when the Mackintosh Coat of Arms is introduced?
10. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)