|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Duckworth explain Andrew Glanz's death?
(a) As an unfortunate accident.
(b) As a certain murder.
(c) As a common occurence in Junktown.
(d) As an apparent suicide.
2. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(b) An art deco lamp.
(c) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
(d) A roll-top desk.
3. How do Qwilleran's words and manner affect Miss Duckworth?
(a) She clams up and refuses to talk at all.
(b) She begins to behave in a guilty manner.
(c) She begins to relax and open up more.
(d) She becomes nervous and agitated.
4. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) From Miss Duckworth.
(b) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
(c) From a rival newspaper article.
(d) From C.C. Cobb.
5. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
(a) It is unfinished wood.
(b) It is painted a garish green.
(c) It is papered with pages from old books.
(d) It is covered with tar paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Russell say informed on C. C. Cobb?
2. Whose name does Miss Duckworth supply to Qwilleran?
3. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
4. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
5. What does Qwilleran question Miss Duckworth about when she found the body of Glanz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Qwilleran learn about a tape recorded while having dinner with Iris and C. C.?
2. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
3. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
4. What information bombshell does Sylvia Katzenhide inadvertently drop when Qwilleran calls on her?
5. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
6. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
7. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
8. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
9. What have the policemen concluded about Andy's death?
10. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)