|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
(a) Intuitive and troublemaking cats.
(b) Two spinster owners of a juck shop.
(c) Two street urchins.
(d) Two poodles owned by Miss Duckworth.
2. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
(b) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
(c) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(d) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
3. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
(a) A photo of Glanz.
(b) A tour of Junktown.
(c) A list of suspects.
(d) An interview.
4. Who had formerly lived in the apartment?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Andrew Glanz.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
5. Who is the mysterious and beautiful owner of the Blue Dragon?
(a) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) Iris Cobb.
(c) Miss Duckworth.
(d) Miss Applebee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Duckworth not use her real name?
2. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
3. How does locating Koko give Qwilleran pause to reflect on the death of Glanz?
4. What is settled before Qwilleran takes the apartment?
5. Why did Miss Duckworth go to the Andy Glanz's shop the night she discovered the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
2. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
3. How is the cab driver's conversation with Qwilleran on the way to Junktown a foreshadowing of the novel?
4. Why does Iris not buy the police explanation of what happened?
5. Why does Iris come to Qwilleran's apartment early one morning?
6. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
7. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
8. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
9. When Qwilleran sees Mary again, why is see cool and distant like she was when he first met her?
10. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)