|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
(a) Mary refuses to answer it.
(b) There is heavy breathing on the line.
(c) Mary takes the call upstairs.
(d) The caller hangs up.
2. What does Qwilleran learn from overhearing customers in the Blue Dragon?
(a) That Miss Duckworth was Glanz's girlfriend.
(b) That Glanz was two-timing several women.
(c) That Miss Duckworth has a criminal record.
(d) That Glanz was a drug dealer.
3. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
(a) An art deco lamp.
(b) The Mackintosh Coat of Arms.
(c) The finial that Glanz fell on.
(d) A roll-top desk.
4. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
(a) He was married.
(b) He was actually gay.
(c) He was a serial womanizer.
(d) He was also involved with someone else.
5. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
(a) A bunk bed and a small table.
(b) A roll-top desk and a pot-bellied stove.
(c) A sofa and a bookshelf.
(d) A refrigerator and a microwave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
2. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
3. Who does Miss Duckworth insist had a passionate integrity and sense of right and wrong?
4. When Qwilleran visits with Iris after he moves in, what does he learn from her about Glanz?
5. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
2. What information bombshell does Sylvia Katzenhide inadvertently drop when Qwilleran calls on her?
3. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
4. What is the apartment like that Iris shows Qwilleran?
5. What have the policemen concluded about Andy's death?
6. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
7. Explain the development arising from the urgent barking of Mary's dog.
8. After feeding the cats, what disappoints Qwilleran?
9. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
10. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)