|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he likes antiques.
(b) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(c) Because he is Scottish.
(d) Because he asked questions about it.
2. What is strange about the phone call to Miss Duckworth's shop when Qwilleran answers the phone?
(a) The caller hangs up.
(b) Mary refuses to answer it.
(c) There is heavy breathing on the line.
(d) Mary takes the call upstairs.
3. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
(a) It is painted a garish green.
(b) It is papered with pages from old books.
(c) It is covered with tar paper.
(d) It is unfinished wood.
4. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
(a) It was the result of the evil eye.
(b) It was the work of ghosts.
(c) It was a witch's spell
(d) It was a family curse.
5. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(b) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
(c) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(d) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
2. What is Russell doing when Qwilleran drops in?
3. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
4. When Iris drops in on Qwilleran, what is her appearance/
5. Why does Qwilleran get out Webster's dictionary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions are raised in the mind of the reader when the Mackintosh Coat of Arms is introduced?
2. What have the policemen concluded about Andy's death?
3. How does the author use conversation at the auction to introduce the main complications of the plot?
4. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
5. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
6. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
7. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
8. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
9. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
10. Describe the character of C. C. Cobb.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)