|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
(a) A broken chandelier.
(b) A missing rung on the ladder.
(c) No blood on the floor.
(d) The placement of the finial.
2. What is Jim Qwilleran's occupation?
(a) Antique dealer.
(b) Newspaper reporter.
(d) Private detective.
3. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After types of glass.
(b) After unusual flowers.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After Roman goddesses.
4. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
(a) How easily Miss Duckworth lifts it.
(b) It is his family's coat of arms.
(c) It is not an antique.
(d) It is obviously a fake.
5. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(b) On top of the roof.
(c) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(d) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Miss Duckworth, what hint does Sylvia drop about Andy Glanz?
2. So far, what do the police make of Glanz's death?
3. Between the bidding, what does Qwilleran hear at the auction?
4. What does Qwilleran learn about Iris Cobb at the auction?
5. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
2. Explain who Qwilleran suspects of having gone to the Ellsworth House.
3. What is the evidence Qwilleran discovers outside the Ellsworth House?
4. what does Qwilleran eventually learn about how Russell Patch has the money to buy all his expensive equipment?
5. What does Riker tell Qwilleran about his writing when Qwilleran drops in at the Fluxion office?
6. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
7. How does Koko inadvertently solve the mystery?
8. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
9. What other mystery does Koko uncover at the end of the novel?
10. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)