|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the furniture refinisher Iris Cobb identifies?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) Arch Riker.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
2. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
(a) It is covered with tar paper.
(b) It is papered with pages from old books.
(c) It is painted a garish green.
(d) It is unfinished wood.
3. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) On top of the roof.
(b) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(c) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(d) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
4. What remark of Qwilleran's makes Mary uncomfortable?
(a) That Andy might have been murdered.
(b) That Andy probably had it coming to him.
(c) That she should not have gone to Andy's shop.
(d) That Andy could not have fallen from the ladder.
5. What accident does Qwilleran have as he leaves Ben Nicolas's shop?
(a) He is hit by snow falling from the roof.
(b) He trips on a loose board.
(c) He slips on the icy sidewalk.
(d) He bumps into a lamp post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
2. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
3. What puts Qwilleran off about Ben Nicolas?
4. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
5. why does C. C. Cobb have to pay a hefty fine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the cab driver's conversation with Qwilleran on the way to Junktown a foreshadowing of the novel?
2. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
3. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
4. What have the policemen concluded about Andy's death?
5. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
6. After feeding the cats, what disappoints Qwilleran?
7. Explain the development arising from the urgent barking of Mary's dog.
8. Describe the character of C. C. Cobb.
9. Why does Iris not buy the police explanation of what happened?
10. What is Mary Duckworth's confession to Qwilleran?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)