|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
(a) Angry and loud.
(b) Timid and afraid.
(c) Jolly and joking.
(d) Rude and brash.
2. Who are Koko and Yum Yum?
(a) Two street urchins.
(b) Intuitive and troublemaking cats.
(c) Two poodles owned by Miss Duckworth.
(d) Two spinster owners of a juck shop.
3. What is the basis for the argument between C. C. and Iris?
(a) Putting milk in C. C.'s coffee.
(b) The value of horse braces.
(c) Who killed Andy Glanz.
(d) Iris's recording of C. C.'s snoring.
4. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
(a) Dog collars.
(b) Fireplace andirons.
(c) Horse brasses.
(d) Fiddle cases.
5. Where does Qwilleran learn that Cluthra, Amberina, and Ivrene got their exotic names?
(a) After types of glass.
(b) After unusual flowers.
(c) After fairytale princesses.
(d) After Roman goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Qwilleran meets Miss Duckworth again, what does she regret?
2. Why does Mary Duckworth say she is having bad dreams about Andy?
3. What does Miss Duckworth talk Qwilleran into buying?
4. What seems to have killed Andrew Glanz?
5. What is the idea Qwilleran comes up with as an article for the writing contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Iris not buy the police explanation of what happened?
2. Discuss the relationship between Qwilleran and his cats.
3. How does Iris Cobb evaluate Andy Glanz?
4. Discuss Mary Duxbury aka Mary Duckworth as a character.
5. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
6. Describe the character of C. C. Cobb.
7. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
8. Why does Iris come to Qwilleran's apartment early one morning?
9. What happens to Qwilleran as he leaves Ben Nicolas' shop?
10. In what way is Mary Duxbury (aka Mary Duckworth) a typical femme fatale in the novel?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)