|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwilleran discover when he arrives in Junktown?
(a) The police are questioning people.
(b) There is a fire in one of the shops.
(c) The stores are all closed.
(d) There is a street fair going on.
2. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
(a) That she has no idea who it was.
(b) That she is lying.
(c) That she is afraid.
(d) That she likes a good mystery.
3. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
(a) Grom his editor and friend Arch Riker.
(b) From Miss Duckworth.
(c) From a rival newspaper article.
(d) From C.C. Cobb.
4. Who is the flamboyant next door neighbor in the apartment house?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Ben Nicholas.
5. Why does Miss Duckworth try to sell the Mackintosh Coat of Arms to Qwilleran?
(a) Because he likes antiques.
(b) Because he is strong enough to lift it.
(c) Because he is Scottish.
(d) Because he asked questions about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. why does Iris wake Qwilleran the morning after their dinner in the Cobbs's apartment?
2. What does Iris bring to Qwilleran in his room?
3. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
4. What does Qwilleran set out to do his first morning at his new apartment?
5. What is one supernatural theory about Glanz death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
2. How is the cab driver's conversation with Qwilleran on the way to Junktown a foreshadowing of the novel?
3. Why does Iris not buy the police explanation of what happened?
4. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
5. What does Qwilleran learn about Mary after she has had a couple of glasses of scotch?
6. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
7. What questions are raised in the mind of the reader when the Mackintosh Coat of Arms is introduced?
8. Explain the deciding factor for Qwilleran to take the apartment.
9. Why does Iris come to Qwilleran's apartment early one morning?
10. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)