|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone notice about C. C. Cobb's personality?
(a) He is jolly.
(b) He is abrasive.
(c) He is conciliatory.
(d) He is reclusive.
2. How does Iris categorize Miss Duckworth since Glanz's death?
(a) Moody and withdrawn.
(b) More friendly than usual.
(c) Agitated and lively.
(d) Suspiciously calm.
3. Where is Koko when Qwilleran finds him?
(a) Closed up in the roll-top desk.
(b) Hiding under the pot-bellied stove.
(c) At the finial in the antique shop downstairs.
(d) On top of the roof.
4. What are two items of furniture moved into Qwilleran's rooms before he moves in?
(a) A roll-top desk and a pot-bellied stove.
(b) A sofa and a bookshelf.
(c) A refrigerator and a microwave.
(d) A bunk bed and a small table.
5. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) Too Good to be Threw.
(b) Blue Dragon Antiques.
(c) Cobb House Junk.
(d) The Opium Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does Qwilleran receive the day after he injured his knee?
2. What does Miss Duckworth agree to give Qwilleran to use in his newspaper article?
3. How does Qwilleran learn about the murder investigation in Junktown?
4. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
5. What amazes Qwilleran about the Mackintosh Coat of Arms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
2. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
3. Describe the character of C. C. Cobb.
4. How does the author use conversation at the auction to introduce the main complications of the plot?
5. Describe how Qwilleran comes up with the idea of writing a feature called "Christmas in Junktown."
6. What questions are raised in the mind of the reader when the Mackintosh Coat of Arms is introduced?
7. When Qwilleran sees Mary again, why is see cool and distant like she was when he first met her?
8. Describe Qwilleran's feelings about Ben Nicolas.
9. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
10. What is Riker's advice to Qwilleran after he tells the editor about the mysterious circumstances surrounding Andy's death?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)