|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwilleran notice about Nicolas's hat?
(a) It now has the feather missing from his own hat.
(b) It is brand new.
(c) It has been out in the rain.
(d) It is out of character for the flamboyant Nicolas.
2. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
(a) There is no investigation.
(b) They believe Andy was a drug dealer.
(c) They rule out suicide.
(d) They do not put the shop off limits.
3. The morning after the visit with Mary, what puzzles Qwilleran?
(a) He cannot light the pot-bellied stove.
(b) Iris Cobb is not in the house.
(c) His toothbrush and a feather out of his hat are missing.
(d) Koko and Yum Yum are missing.
4. What is the one shop Qwilleran eventually finds open?
(a) Blue Dragon Antiques.
(b) Too Good to be Threw.
(c) Cobb House Junk.
(d) The Opium Inn.
5. What is Qwilleran doing when Iris Cobb enters his room?
(a) Working on his Junktown story.
(b) Looking for the cats.
(c) Just getting out of the shower.
(d) Making a list of everyone he's talked to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris bring to Qwilleran in his room?
2. What kind of car does Russell Patch drive?
3. What does Qwilleran think about Mary's explanation for the hang up call?
4. After leaving the Three Weird Sisters shop, where does Qwilleran go?
5. What idea does Qwilleran get about a subject for the writing contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the drunk Qwilleran talks to in Junktown.
2. Discuss the common theme of a series of novels that includes "The Cat Who Turned On and Off".
3. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
4. Discuss the relationship between Qwilleran and his cats.
5. How is the cab driver's conversation with Qwilleran on the way to Junktown a foreshadowing of the novel?
6. In what way is Mary Duxbury (aka Mary Duckworth) a typical femme fatale in the novel?
7. What is the apartment like that Iris shows Qwilleran?
8. What is Riker's advice to Qwilleran after he tells the editor about the mysterious circumstances surrounding Andy's death?
9. How does Patch refute the suggestion that he was fired by Andy Glanz for drinking.
10. How does Qwilleran learn more about Mary Duckworth?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)