|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Russell Patch drive?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Rolls Royce.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A Chevrolet.
2. What indicates that the police think Andy's death was just an accident?
(a) They rule out suicide.
(b) They believe Andy was a drug dealer.
(c) There is no investigation.
(d) They do not put the shop off limits.
3. After dropping off the heavy coat of arms, who is the next antique dealer Qwilleran goes to interview?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(b) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Arch Riker.
4. Who does Qwilleran run into at the grocery store?
(a) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) Iris Cobb.
(c) Miss Duckworth.
(d) Russell Patch.
5. What is the customer in Ben's shop looking for?
(a) Horse brasses.
(b) Fiddle cases.
(c) Dog collars.
(d) Fireplace andirons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the customer like who enters Ben's shop while Qwilleran is there?
2. When Qwilleran meets Miss Duckworth again, what does she regret?
3. What is odd about the wall in the apartment Iris shows Qwilleran?
4. What seems to have no explanation at the crime scene?
5. Witch inhabitant of the new apartment is the nervous one?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Qwilleran sees Mary again, why is see cool and distant like she was when he first met her?
2. What does Qwilleran find in Nicolas's apartment after he has a meal with him?
3. How does Qwilleran happen to get an invitation to Mary Duckworth 's place his first night in his apartment?
4. What information does Mrs. McGuffey give Qwilleran that might possibly prove to be a motive for Andy's murder?
5. What happens to prevent Iris from reading Qwilleran's palm?
6. How does Qwilleran mistake the source of the things Koko brings to him?
7. What information bombshell does Sylvia Katzenhide inadvertently drop when Qwilleran calls on her?
8. How is the cab driver's conversation with Qwilleran on the way to Junktown a foreshadowing of the novel?
9. How does the author use conversation at the auction to introduce the main complications of the plot?
10. What startling suggestion does Qwilleran offer Mary regarding Andy's death?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)